Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin G. a scam?  (Read 679 times)
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:46:07 PM

Bitcoin gold is a confirmed bitcoin hardfork that actually took place and since the fork its been alive and has good volume too I don't think bitcoin gold is a scam at all same for bitcoin z too

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:52:22 PM

Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin ABC, Bitcoin Private, Bitcoin Atom and so on.
Tell me one thing in which way they are better?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 05:41:36 PM

There was a period of time when they created a lot of Bitcoin forks. The bulk of these coins are coins that have no value, respectively, they have no prospects. I do not recommend you to invest in such coins.

btgjoseph

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 05:50:35 PM

Hello, I have been on Bitcoin Gold team since November 2017 https://bitcoingold.org/our-team/ , we are not a scam. We are the first Bitcoin fork that switched from ASIC mining to GPU only. It is also true that we were 51% attacked in Q2 2018, however so was Verge, Monacoin, Vertcoin, other projects at that time. Since then, we have hard forked in July of 2018, our new mining algorithm is called zhash(Equihash-BTG). https://bitcoingold.org/a-successful-network-upgrade/ It is ASIC-resistant again, the memory footprint is about 2GB.

Also, there was a premine, it is true. Also was part of the whitepaper that was released October 2017 before mainnet: https://bitcoingold.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/BitcoinGold-Roadmap.pdf page 9 and 10 . We have plenty of the funds left: https://h4x3rotab.github.io/btg-transparent/ , these wallets are constantly being updated. So you see, we have done what we said we would do, and will continue to develop: https://bitcoingold.org/roadmap-2019/

We do not spend money on ads, that is why many do not hear from us. But we are always around, check our discord http://discord.gg/HmVUU6S and twitter https://twitter.com/bitcoingold

We are also on over 70 exchanges and trading normally. We have plenty of market support, plenty of plugins support us like Coingate, Coinpayments and Paytomat. We have merchants that are starting to accept BTG payments: https://cryptwerk.com/pay-with/btg/ Our community is organically growing and our hodlers, miners and supporters are strong.

Cheers!
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:21:16 AM

I came across this article this morning and I want everyone's input on this idea...

https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/is-bitcoin-gold-a-scam/

Is Bitcoin Gold a scam? Think about it...  Ever since the BTG Wallet scam happened I've been a little concerned that all of these "alternate bitcoins" were just trying to take advantage of people.

Idk... thoughts?
Well I don't think bitcoin gold actually scammed anyone, but I know that reason why people called it a scam, because what they just did was to create a fork from the Bitcoin blockchain in order to make a lot of money for themselves and abandon the project, they were not really concerned about what happened to the coin in the future, their main focus was just to make sure they get on the exchange and make a lot of money for themselves.
Claude46

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:40:31 AM

We can't probably say that bitcoin gold was scam. But just to make sure that bitcoin gold is not a scam do some research to simply amswer your thoughts behind if it is a scam or not. But if i were you, i would definitely join in good bounties like bitcoin and in a dencoin which are rrally good.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:57:16 AM

Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin ABC, Bitcoin Private, Bitcoin Atom and so on.

no one better than bitcoin, i think all exchange will delete all bitcoin forks, just like BitcoinSV delisted from Binance and kraken  Wink
so all money will come back to bitcoin again, then we will see bitcoin price growing in fast mode and touch another high on price

btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 09:12:04 AM

All other cryptos except Bitcoin is a scam. The only legit currency is BTC. Why? All those altcoin projects were launched with specific individual targets to make high benefits from investors and marketers. Think twice, what Satoshi did and why he never revealed himself/themselves/herself.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 10:07:57 AM

I came across this article this morning and I want everyone's input on this idea...

Is Bitcoin Gold a scam? Think about it...  Ever since the BTG Wallet scam happened I've been a little concerned that all of these "alternate bitcoins" were just trying to take advantage of people.

Idk... thoughts?
I bought BTG at the price of 100$ + by thinking it will be next BCH even team was showing lots of progress like bBTG wallet and lots of good sign all of sudden BTG wallet issue came everythink started to sink . Still i am having some hope in this coin. In the article also stated mistake can happen with any one even big exchanges like binance also got hacked . Still team is improving and showing lots of progress prices also slowly picking up.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:10:10 AM

Is Bitcoin Gold a scam? Think about it...  Ever since the BTG Wallet scam happened I've been a little concerned that all of these "alternate bitcoins" were just trying to take advantage of people.

Idk... thoughts?
It is not new that most of these alternate coins are doing that, which is why some of them go to the extent of attaching bitcoin to their project to gain people’s attractions. I just heard of another fork of bitcoin coming up in July today and I wonder why people are still falling for the prank of these people just because we want our money multiplied, but eventually, we get scammed.

If anyone wants to really invest in any project, we already know the ones that are functioning well and worthy of trying which are the ones at the top 20 in CMC. If we also talk of utility coins, they are still within the top 20 coins, because virtually every merchant accepts bitcoin and ethereum even if they have their own coin.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:55:34 AM

Is Bitcoin Gold a scam? Think about it...  Ever since the BTG Wallet scam happened I've been a little concerned that all of these "alternate bitcoins" were just trying to take advantage of people.

Idk... thoughts?
I bought BTG at the price of 100$ + by thinking it will be next BCH even team was showing lots of progress like bBTG wallet and lots of good sign all of sudden BTG wallet issue came everythink started to sink . Still i am having some hope in this coin. In the article also stated mistake can happen with any one even big exchanges like binance also got hacked . Still team is improving and showing lots of progress prices also slowly picking up.
We should not use binance issue has an excuse to hold on to shit coins, once a bad project will always be a bad project. There are many ways of scamming people in this cryptocurrency market, some scammers will scam without caring for their reputation or going through the stress of making people believe they lost their money because of failed projects, while we have some scammers that will indeed enter exchange, and then purposely fail for the project to die down so people can hold on to that excuse for losing their money.

There is no way some of these coins can really perform like the  original designed one which is BTC and I expected most people to have focus on BTC for now ever since we started having issue of these scam projects and bad projects. Most of them are empty promises.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:05:03 AM

Pure deception. Created only for the purpose of selling about 200,000 premined coins.

And to be honest, I'm surprised, because they managed to implement this idea
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:21:03 AM

Indeed, many traders say that, but to cheat I do not think because BTG is still heavily traded on top exchanges, and still has a fairly high trading volume
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:05:44 AM

I don't think BTG is a scam but I'm not really of fan of it. Intact I've never held BTG on my portfolio. One thing is certain, most projects will promise you almost perfect architecture but most won't achieve 1/4 of their promises.  I think BTG is in that category.

there are different definitions of being a scam coin it seems
many here think that premine is a scam already and yeah this coin is a top 25 coins at the moment
its capitalization is over half a billion USD and it is traded at some of the major exchanges:

I don't fancy buying it or trading it  and the coins I got from their fork I sold immediately

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:21:43 AM

I don't know much about BTG because I never bought the coin, but for a scam I don't think it's possible, because until now the coin is still being traded
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:29:47 AM

All other cryptos except Bitcoin is a scam. The only legit currency is BTC. Why? All those altcoin projects were launched with specific individual targets to make high benefits from investors and marketers. Think twice, what Satoshi did and why he never revealed himself/themselves/herself.
I a bit sure about this though, but I don't care because I only have an investment in ETH and BNB for investing in altcoin. For the rest, maybe your though was right and we just make a profit from their negligence when decide to manipulate a market. I only spent if I had money to investing on bitcoin, because it will be safe for my money as long as I can hold back my patience.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:34:51 AM

Bitcoin gold is a scam coin, there is no reason for it to exist and no reason for people to buy it. Of all the bitcoin forks only litecoin and bitcoin cash are worth buying, the others are just a waste of time or a scam

bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:35:53 PM

In theory, any coin can be suspected of fraud, as we do not see any results at the moment. Few people have fulfilled at least some promises, painted in white paper.
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 03:59:51 PM

We can't definitely say that the bitcoin gold was a fraud. If you were doubting about this project make your own studies or reviews about the bitcoin gold to answer your thoughts. Never ever focused on the one sided opinion because others has some lacks of understanding. And for the other thing bitcoin gold is not the only project to be part of, there is many more like btc, eth and ofcourse the Dencoin which offers a good project for investment.

oleganpetro

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:06:03 PM

I did not see anything so that they brought something new. All of them were created mainly for speculation and nothing more.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: