Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the real value of bitcoin and cryptocurrency  (Read 10338 times)
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:25:24 AM

I don't think bitcoin will end at some point in the future. when its supply becomes limited, a bubble rises again and is then extinguished. There will certainly be another altcoins that will replace bitcoin and the black market will continue. We have official markets that are regulated by laws like Forex, the stock market, ... but we only have a black market and no one can stop it.
I don't really agree but however it is possible to happen. I would just say that the real value of Bitcoin is not located on its coin but more on technology itself. It is blockchain technology where everything is transparent, traceable and no one could disrupt the system. So, If in the worst Bitcoin will eventually burst out (almost impossible), at least we have the technology to build future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:48:00 AM

Who can say the value of bitcoin?  It will depend on the demand vs supply. Price will surely inflate as the demand arises..  All it need is mass awareness and bitcoin price will boom as every crypto person expects.

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:14:11 AM

I think the price is determined by simple demand and supply.  Scarcity also plays an important role.
I understand your point though. I kind of suspect that bitcoin/crypto has an advantage over others due to early adopters & believers holding large amounts of coins unlike the case of governments holding much of gold supply for example which makes the price easy to manipulate.

indeed, with demand and supply and limited supply forming the price movement of bitcoin. but I think even though gold has an unlimited supply, but gold has high trust from all people
There's no real value of bitcoin, it changes every hour and every day but the supply and demand dictate the price for that specific date and changes again in the next day. We also have to admit that the price of bitcoin can manipulate by the whales and we have to be aware on that so we can know when to sell our coin if you are not planning to hold. Real value of bitcoin is just a belief of every investors, no point to argue on this.
Satoshi must have seen all these issues ahead, and probably reason why he created coins with limited supply, whales are able to manipulate the market today because we still have enough supplies for them to work with, a time will come that the supply will finish and people will start hoarding their coin, at this point, demand will become so high while there is no longer supply.

So it means people will hold on to their coin so tight, and then we will have a very less volatile market and I think like one of our mates have said, the real value will come out then. So I still believe that with little volatility, the real value of bitcoin will come out.
I also think like that, at that time there will certainly be a lot of demand and little supply. so I think the price becomes illogical because it soars. and I think it will be even higher in the future, because the inventory continues to decline. for example a bitcoiner dies and doesn't inherit his wallet
This angle is where some analyst sees that makes them believe that bitcoin may get to about 1 million dollars in future and people think they are crazy, until this moment, I have not seen any coin that functions well as much as bitcoin does, and as long as bitcoin stays relevant which I believe will, demand will always be there.

If you even look at the remaining supply left in the market, we will know that we are gradually approaching a time where bitcoin supply will become so limited and demand will become high. I think this                should even be the ATH target of many investors, When bitcoin supply will become so limited and scarce, then people will be selling their coin so  high, thereby increasing the value of BTC so high too.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:30:44 AM

We cannot generally say what the value of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is. The price of cryptocurrency can only be determined at a specific time, because this price is changing all the time. It has been and will always be changeable, since it is formed solely on the balance of supply and demand, and they are never constant. This is a feature of decentralized cryptocurrency and it attracts the attention of traders and general holders of cryptocurrency.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 08:45:58 AM

I don't think bitcoin will end at some point in the future. when its supply becomes limited, a bubble rises again and is then extinguished. There will certainly be another altcoins that will replace bitcoin and the black market will continue. We have official markets that are regulated by laws like Forex, the stock market, ... but we only have a black market and no one can stop it.
I don't really agree but however it is possible to happen. I would just say that the real value of Bitcoin is not located on its coin but more on technology itself. It is blockchain technology where everything is transparent, traceable and no one could disrupt the system. So, If in the worst Bitcoin will eventually burst out (almost impossible), at least we have the technology to build future.
 Absolutely, I don't doubt about bitcoin's viability as it has huge potential and persistent value that fullfill the desired necessities of investors. Somehow, it dominated with viable platform and stand as a leading asset of all currencies. And hopefully its growth will be persistent and constantly stable.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:49:12 PM

I would just say that the real value of Bitcoin is not located on its coin but more on technology itself. It is blockchain technology where everything is transparent, traceable and no one could disrupt the system.
Most people who buy Bitcoin don't do that because of the underlying tech. I doubt people even know what blockchain actually means, or what the difference is between centralized and decentralized blockchains.

All they know is that blockchain is a new trend being hyped up left and right, and they read that it will change whole industries. We have a long way to go in order to make people aware of what Bitcoin is before they buy it.

So, If in the worst Bitcoin will eventually burst out (almost impossible), at least we have the technology to build future.
You mean that blockchain tech will always be here if Bitcoin isn't? Maybe so, but without Bitcoin showing why blockchains only matter if used as distributed ledger, the blockchain industry is worth even less than it already is.

Databases are better than private blockchains. Period.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:13:27 PM

Who can say the value of bitcoin?  It will depend on the demand vs supply. Price will surely inflate as the demand arises..  All it need is mass awareness and bitcoin price will boom as every crypto person expects.
You are right no one predict the real value of Bitcoin so right know it is impossible to said anything. But once it will reach maximum supply surely we predict the real value of Bitcoin because supply and demand was easily calculated in max supply.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:11:57 AM

You are right no one predict the real value of Bitcoin so right know it is impossible to said anything. But once it will reach maximum supply surely we predict the real value of Bitcoin because supply and demand was easily calculated in max supply.
right, nobody knows what level of bitcoin prices will be when many users from all over the world and increase demand. of course it will be a surprise later, like a small surprise in 2017.

usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:46:07 AM

Considering the market evolution, mining difficulty and the trade volume the real price of BTC is somewhere above 15 000 dollars.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 11:47:38 AM

I am happy that the supply of bitcoin available in the market is not as much as the way other coin supply is, which is why bitcoin will get its highest value before those other altcoins. I think the more we approach exhausting the available supply, the more the market of bitcoin will become less volatile and demand will become so high.

This time, people that have bitcoin would not want sell their coin to those who doesn’t have and as much as the demand gets so high and critical, value of bitcoin will  start increasing beyond control and maybe we can really ascertain the value of this coin then like what one of the mates said.
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:07:14 PM

Bitcoin has value only because certain financial communities stand behind it, which create this price for it by regular and systematic actions. If they were not there would be no value. Bitcoin is exactly the same asset as many others for which value is created artificially. However, this does not mean that he is useless.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:35:08 PM

Bitcoin has value only because certain financial communities stand behind it, which create this price for it by regular and systematic actions. If they were not there would be no value. Bitcoin is exactly the same asset as many others for which value is created artificially. However, this does not mean that he is useless.
Your not right on that. It is the trust that the bitcoin blockchain gives what makes it valuable. It isnt a stock like you tend to describe. 

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:56:45 PM

Considering the market evolution, mining difficulty and the trade volume the real price of BTC is somewhere above 15 000 dollars.
Is it?

So what will be the real value of bitcoin after the mining difficulty increases?

The real value of bitcoin is its current value and eve it differs from exchange to exchange that is what the decentralized curreny look like.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:41:32 PM

We can have a simple calculation on the support lines, for example if bitcoin drops to 1 dollar everyone would say they would get it right? Well the thing is if bitcoin dropped from 8 thousand to 1 dollar then nobody would buy it, there must be a reason for it to drop that much, hence there is actually no real value to bitcoin, if it was even 1 dollar people would still be acting around the same way they act on 8 thousand.

Some people would buy it, some people would panic and sell it and there would be about the same issues we talk as right now. That is why it is clear to me that bitcoin could be 1 dollar each or 1 million each and it would still have no real value, it is 8 thousand dollars right now each and that is its value right now, tomorrow who knows what the value will be.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 06:30:17 PM

Is it?

So what will be the real value of bitcoin after the mining difficulty increases?

The real value of bitcoin is its current value and eve it differs from exchange to exchange that is what the decentralized curreny look like.
Real price and real value differs from each other.

To answer your question, no one can give that answer what will be the real value when mining difficulty increase. But I'm pretty sure that it will be higher than it is today.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:14:02 AM

Is it?

To answer your question, no one can give that answer what will be the real value when mining difficulty increase. But I'm pretty sure that it will be higher than it is today.
right, no one knows the real price or real value of bitcoin. if at present there are only about 1% of the world's population, of course the price will increase or the value will be if 100% of the world's population uses it

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:23:53 AM

Is it?

No one can say what will happen in future so just take the current value as real and don't expect anything higher even if the chances to go high are there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:29:41 AM

Bitcoin and other cryptos don't have a 'real' value, and this is why prices are so volatile.

Look at the mainstream financial markets, and you see share prices for companies that have established products, properties (intellectual and physical), infrastructure, plus many other assets both tangible and intangible. Their prices are more stable partly because of all this 'stuff' that they can be measured against. This relative price stability is then self-perpetuating because it invites long-term investments from pension funds etc, so it comes down to a) having assets and b) being established because of 'a'.

Crypto by contrast is volatile largely because so much of the price is based on expectation of future utility. It is worth nothing now other than in a speculative sense. Partly in the sense of there being nothing 'real' to base the price on, and partly in the sense of the volatility inviting traders... so this volatility is also self-perpetuating. We get out of it once crypto becomes mainstream. That's when the markets start to mature, we get big institutional investment, and trading becomes less frenzied.

ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1878

Metawin.com

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 02:32:08 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2019, 02:58:23 PM by ralle14

right, no one knows the real price or real value of bitcoin. if at present there are only about 1% of the world's population, of course the price will increase or the value will be if 100% of the world's population uses it
It's impossible to track how many people are using Bitcoin and we'll never see everyone use Bitcoin because there's always a small percentage of people that hates Bitcoin.

No one can say what will happen in future so just take the current value as real and don't expect anything higher even if the chances to go high are there.
I agree, those expectations are just predictions it could also not happen and the real value could be the dynamic price of Bitcoin

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:52:22 AM

First and foremost since the bitcoin price tend to follow a quite snappy dynamic it is hard to really apprehend its real value. basically market cap is derived from the number of active user on the network multiplied by the bitcoin price. in the end bitcoin market cap always tend to be far above expert' expectation, but does it mean it is overvalued. it is understandable that bitcoin appears like it has availed from the hype it created throughout the internet communities, but i think that the hype is gone now since its creation and guess what bitcoin still follows the same pattern and cycle it used to, hinting that somehow it could benefit from this hype but is not driven by it alone.

Like any market, bitcoin price assess on supply and demand while buyer and seller determine the value. according to a recently read article on investopedia, expert follows the Metcalfe'law to determine the value of a network which suggest to square the number of network user, in that scheme expectation is far below the current market valuation, but where does bitcoin gain its real value?

in fact i think that bitcoin gain it value from itself and its features, this is a relatively unseen technology that suggest new ways to do things, basically it will benefits from continious boost that will allow it to follow a certain pattern and eventually this will stop being called hype.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoin-overvalued-researchers-say/
Actually we can't just compare the value for bitcoins depending on their advantages but also there are points where bitcoins can make us have profits and it would definitely state the value for bitcoins. Also the price ratio for bitcoins keeps on fluctuating depending on the demand and supply factor.

There is not a single individual behind the price change for bitcoins but there are hundreds of thousands of peoples who do manipulate the price for bitcoins by putting huge buy/sell orders. Value for bitcoins is always going to be immortal for me because, my financial life is already been stabilized by bitcoins and so I am a happy user who would always keep on supporting bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: