Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HACKED] Request to delete my Bitcointalk account  (Read 297 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:06:46 PM

Hello mods, it appears around 2016 my account was hacked. The hacker also posted various threatening messages to other members about some kind of exploit. An example screen is attached.

SCREENSHOT

As a side note I do occasionally get random emails from a scammer that claims to have access to my account and asking for a bounty lol. Maybe it's just generic spam or it could be associated with this account.

Either way I would like to make a request to have this account deleted, ideally I would rather have the entire account nuked rather than just disabled since I have no intent on using it. FYI since logging into this account the password has been changed but I'm still not sure the hacker might still have access to my account info. Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Findingnemo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 727

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:12:51 PM

As far as I know there is no option available here to delete our accounts.Nukes are only for the newbies with extreme spams.

But there is no need for it since you already changed the password and also change email if possible and use the current recovery method if your account got locked from the old email.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:23:30 PM

There is a huge post gap of around 3 years. Can you sign a message from old bitcoin address?

Though I can see Admin notes:   Restored 2016-07-12. If you really want to get hold of your account, you can try this method.

Generate random password and change password. Log out & Delete passwords from history. Change the email too (Random)

uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

As far as I know there is no option available here to delete our accounts.Nukes are only for the newbies with extreme spams.

But there is no need for it since you already changed the password and also change email if possible and use the current recovery method if your account got locked from the old email.

The thing is I wasn't locked out or anything, as far as I can see there's been no action taken on this account. I was easily able to just login and start posting, I only found out about the hack when I randomly logged in and noticed the bad reputation and hackers posts.

I do worry that the hack might have been something other than just gaining p/w access, perhaps the hackers exploit is/was able to bypass whatever I have set as the password. I would def prefer the nuke option if there's the option considering I would rather not be associated with being a hacker / scammer / bad reputation and risk more privacy being leaked to the hacker. There's also the possiblity other people might message me on this account, if there's 1% chance of it still being comprimised then the hacker might use trust to scam / hack them. I don't think there's any downside to just nuking, the hacker was spamming too.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:41:59 PM

There is a huge post gap of around 3 years. Can you sign a message from old bitcoin address?

Though I can see Admin notes:   Restored 2016-07-12. If you really want to get hold of your account, you can try this method.

Generate random password and change password. Log out & Delete passwords from history. Change the email too (Random)

I'm unable to sign from those addresses, as you mention 3 years ago is a long time for me to be out of the game.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 06:45:03 PM

Just do not login if you don't like to use that account. Is not very simple? You don't need to request anyone to delete that account (although its not possible).

However, I don't see any legit point why are you thinking to delete your account. If there is something wrong on your post history then you may delete yourself. And you might edit your main post if any. If account just on your control then change pass and mail. So hackers would not able to use it anymore. I don't know why you want to give up!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 06:47:44 PM

However, I don't see any legit point why are you thinking to delete your account. If there is something wrong on your post history then you may delete yourself. And you might edit your main post if any. If account just on your control then change pass and mail. So hackers would not able to use it anymore. I don't know why you want to give up!
Perhaps this is his real name and he doesn't want his real name associated with some garbage garbled up by some third-world shitposter.

-- I know i wouldn't, and if i were in a similar scenario, i'd definitely want to delete the account as well. (Or at the very least these religious shitposts.)
Too bad that it isn't up to me.

OP, you could change/edit all your posts with a macro or something, and then report them to a moderator. Pretty sure they'll get deleted that way. Not exactly an easy solution, but i believe there isn't really any other way.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 4124

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:00:12 PM

OP if you have changed the password then possibilities are the scammer can no longer access your account unless S/he has access to your email. Since you don't what you account to be accessible anymore and the option of deleting your account isn't available then maybe writing to members of Cryptios might solve your case as they have the ability to
Cryptios:
-Main purpose is to investigate and accomplish account recoveries.
-They also have the ability to Lock accounts, if they believe it to be compromised.

Another risky solution is intentionally commiting plagiarism so your account will get banned rendering it useless but you should know you'll lose the ability to use the forum in the future so unless you intend leaving the forum for good don't used the option. (Not recommended but it'll do)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1761

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:11:14 PM

I haven't seen any option where it's possible to get the account deleted in this forum.
If i were you, i would just regain control of the account, change credentials to both a new private email no one knows and password, and I am good to go.
Then I would get time and delete all the garbage posts made by the hacker.... Problem solved.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:23:17 PM

I would even be happy just having my username changed (e.g. deadaccount123) if admins have those powers.

It seems your request has been fulfilled Smiley

You might want to remove the screenshot from the first post and perhaps lock the thread.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:55:34 PM

- Changing email address of the account to the unreal one, therefore no one can use the unreal email address to recover the account later.
this won't prevent recovering the account using the original first registered email address
cmiiw, manual recovery hacked account can be initiated by request from original email address

It seems your request has been fulfilled Smiley
unfortunately all his posts quoted by others still bear his original username Embarrassed

You might want to remove the screenshot from the first post and perhaps lock the thread.
and he needs to edit/remove a few posts that still contain his personal details
in one of his posts in lending section he listed his website, google+, and facebook account

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: