Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DID SATOSHI EVER THOUGHT TO MAKE BITCOIN A MAINSTREAM CURRENCY?  (Read 516 times)
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:06:42 PM

I don't think so. I don't think he expected it to become something so big to be honest. He just wanted to provide an alternate payment option to people without the need to fill in documents and forms and depend on centralized forces. He must have been blown away by the response in this aspect.

I believe that he was not thinking to make this big also, but just another alternative method of payment. It will always be a mystery for us because we can't interact with the real Satoshi and will not know his real disposition towards bitcoin. But in any case, I don't want to dwell what he really thought of or his objectives for bitcoin, just be grateful that bitcoin came into existence.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 06:21:21 PM

I don't think so. I don't think he expected it to become something so big to be honest. He just wanted to provide an alternate payment option to people without the need to fill in documents and forms and depend on centralized forces. He must have been blown away by the response in this aspect.

I believe that he was not thinking to make this big also, but just another alternative method of payment. It will always be a mystery for us because we can't interact with the real Satoshi and will not know his real disposition towards bitcoin. But in any case, I don't want to dwell what he really thought of or his objectives for bitcoin, just be grateful that bitcoin came into existence.

You can interact with the real Satoshi xD
Send a tweet to that lunatic, Craig Steven Wright xD

Just kidding ...

I wish Satoshi (whoever he/they are) is still alive and keep smiling ;-)

You know, what scares me?

Quote from: Joseph Goebbels
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

xD
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: