Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:05:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit my job to do full-time crypto-trading. Made 12 BTC profit last month  (Read 10764 times)
Mark_R (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 34

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 01:43:08 PM

Wish you'd start a youtube channel as well!!

Just started from Bitcointalk and Twitter. Probably will start a channel a bit later, but currently the idea was to share the deals and the info I find useful. Youtube may to the next step, we'll see.

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
https://twitter.com/MarkRobTrades

Follow me to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
https://www.tradingview.com/u/Mark_Robinson/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Samwise_Coingee

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 01:47:26 PM

You may have become one of the successful traders. You can get a lot of BTC with the results of your efforts so far. Maybe I have to learn a lot from you. Please for guidance. Honest I am not good at trading.
well, producing 12 bitcoin per month is a very extraordinary thing. when you can produce it normally every month, I don't think it's a problem to get out of your job. well, many people quit their jobs to make more money.

12btc per month is not easy if you are not a skilled trader and if you dont have a verry large amount of capital  .

this is why its better if we dont permanenty quit our job because job is the only thing that can provide us a stable income  .

you cant also make more money if you already quit your job  . if you want to make more money , you will need to do multi tasking (ex. Working on your job at day time and do trade at night time )

I asked the same question
The answer was that trading is a job as well and to get the results you need to dedicate enough time.
I was almost killed by my losses, Mark gave me some advice.. I feel all the experience and I'm ready to work for it to achieve the same results. Hope I will

Yeap. I always tell that if you treat trading seriously, it gives more results. When I was quitting job I was aware of all the risks it brings. However, there were more benefits dur to experience. The more time you dedicate to trading, the more you study and analyse, the better youк balance becomes. As soon as I became a full-time trader, I dedicate much more time to it. Saw the results during the first week. What I sugest is to continue learning curve and pay a special attention to money and risk management.

By the way, what's up? How are your trades now?

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:

Yes, I'm slightly recovering, thank you what you shared with me. The positions are still small, but I feel at least confident!
Thank you a lot. I hope to keep in touch with you/ Btw, Twitter is a good idea!

What did happen? Harsh loss?
It passed a week since I read this thread. And actually I was thinking to ask you to share any social media to watch your trades and other info. Cool
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 03:04:55 PM

You may have become one of the successful traders. You can get a lot of BTC with the results of your efforts so far. Maybe I have to learn a lot from you. Please for guidance. Honest I am not good at trading.
well, producing 12 bitcoin per month is a very extraordinary thing. when you can produce it normally every month, I don't think it's a problem to get out of your job. well, many people quit their jobs to make more money.

12btc per month is not easy if you are not a skilled trader and if you dont have a verry large amount of capital  .

this is why its better if we dont permanenty quit our job because job is the only thing that can provide us a stable income  .

you cant also make more money if you already quit your job  . if you want to make more money , you will need to do multi tasking (ex. Working on your job at day time and do trade at night time )

The answer was that trading is a job as well and to get the results you need to dedicate enough time.
I was almost killed by my losses, Mark gave me some advice.. I feel all the experience and I'm ready to work for it to achieve the same results. Hope I will

Yeap. I always tell that if you treat trading seriously, it gives more results. When I was quitting job I was aware of all the risks it brings. However, there were more benefits dur to experience. The more time you dedicate to trading, the more you study and analyse, the better youк balance becomes. As soon as I became a full-time trader, I dedicate much more time to it. Saw the results during the first week. What I sugest is to continue learning curve and pay a special attention to money and risk management.

Yes, I'm slightly recovering, thank you what you shared with me. The positions are still small, but I feel at least confident!

It passed a week since I read this thread. And actually I was thinking to ask you to share any social media to watch your trades and other info. Cool

That was a common problem caused by margin trading. The losses are indeed harsh, but the recovery anyway is possible.
The best solution is to reduce the positions and then use only the instruments which you are absolutely confident in. Set harsh limits on risks and learn the position sizing.

By the way, recently heard that the founder of a Chinese crypto fund management firm called lost about 2,000 bitcoins in a 100x leveraged trading. Then he committed suicide.
Leverage isn’t as simple as many portray it to be. Be careful

Follow me to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:47:23 PM

12 btc for a month is very cool, but it is not clear the strategy itself, I see the dynamics and the curve, and when to sell...according to the curve?Or it's just luck, in any case, the result exceeded all expectations, good luck, sell in the same spirit.
I also met with people who made over 50000% with 6 months of trading during bull market. Whatever coin he bought it increased and he liquidated one for another coin. When alt season starts it become easier to trade all kind of cryptocurrencies.
Sometime i just imagine, people like that is luck or really have their soul in trading. Because we've must be have friends or meet someone who really get a lot of profit in trading. But when we try it, not really good.  Grin
Not everyone is built to become a successful trader, on the surface it seems very easy you just need to buy a coin when its value is down and wait until you get great profits, but anyone that has traded for a long time know that is not true, it is very easy to trade when you are winning but from time to time you are going to be in a difficult streak in which you will lose several trades in a row and a newbie in trading will get desperate and make mistakes from which it is impossible to recover.

Instead the smart trader knows this is just bad luck and that eventually things will turn around and that he just needs to be very patient.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 11:01:36 PM

12 btc for a month is very cool, but it is not clear the strategy itself, I see the dynamics and the curve, and when to sell...according to the curve?Or it's just luck, in any case, the result exceeded all expectations, good luck, sell in the same spirit.
I also met with people who made over 50000% with 6 months of trading during bull market. Whatever coin he bought it increased and he liquidated one for another coin. When alt season starts it become easier to trade all kind of cryptocurrencies.
Sometime i just imagine, people like that is luck or really have their soul in trading. Because we've must be have friends or meet someone who really get a lot of profit in trading. But when we try it, not really good.  Grin
Not everyone is built to become a successful trader, on the surface it seems very easy you just need to buy a coin when its value is down and wait until you get great profits, but anyone that has traded for a long time know that is not true, it is very easy to trade when you are winning but from time to time you are going to be in a difficult streak in which you will lose several trades in a row and a newbie in trading will get desperate and make mistakes from which it is impossible to recover.

Instead the smart trader knows this is just bad luck and that eventually things will turn around and that he just needs to be very patient.
This is the truth behind about those successful traders which they do able to sustain these hardships and challenges along the way.
Only experienced ones would able to know the effect of those situations which it would be piled up or add up on your experience
and you will able to tell that constant or stable profits isn't possible on trading world.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SolarFox

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:47:42 AM

12btc per month is not easy if you are not a skilled trader and if you dont have a verry large amount of capital  .

this is why its better if we dont permanenty quit our job because job is the only thing that can provide us a stable income  .

you cant also make more money if you already quit your job  . if you want to make more money , you will need to do multi tasking (ex. Working on your job at day time and do trade at night time )

That was a common problem caused by margin trading. The losses are indeed harsh, but the recovery anyway is possible.
The best solution is to reduce the positions and then use only the instruments which you are absolutely confident in. Set harsh limits on risks and learn the position sizing.

By the way, recently heard that the founder of a Chinese crypto fund management firm called lost about 2,000 bitcoins in a 100x leveraged trading. Then he committed suicide.

Comon it is insane... Feel terribly sorry for that Sad
Did you share the techniqies to recover the losses? Nice from your part. What are the general steps you are usually undertaking?
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:55:59 AM

Sometime i just imagine, people like that is luck or really have their soul in trading. Because we've must be have friends or meet someone who really get a lot of profit in trading. But when we try it, not really good.  Grin
if my thinking is that such people have great luck in trading, I can't be sure if everyone can do that so I think it's luck and maybe they have a little more ability. so they get the profit
And besides luck, those who succeed in trading will surely experience difficult times on their journey when trading and must have strong patience to get maximum results and all require a long process and prior experience.
I judge people like them are great people and besides that they have big capital to make big profits even though it is very risky.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:06:40 AM

You tell the truth that idt is not as ease as it seems to be. But I cannot absolutely agree on this: "Not everyone is built to become a successful trader". Yeah, the phrase is rather about talent. But here we more talk about practice and learning. Nobody can be a good accountant without getting right education. People are studying for several years to get a profession, trading is the same. Tthere is only the illusion of simplicity, but my opinion that with the appropriate efforts applied  the success is more than possible

Cheers!

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:11:04 AM

12btc per month is not easy if you are not a skilled trader and if you dont have a verry large amount of capital  .

this is why its better if we dont permanenty quit our job because job is the only thing that can provide us a stable income  .

you cant also make more money if you already quit your job  . if you want to make more money , you will need to do multi tasking (ex. Working on your job at day time and do trade at night time )

Comon it is insane... Feel terribly sorry for that Sad
Did you share the techniqies to recover the losses? Nice from your part. What are the general steps you are usually undertaking?

Some general stuff on the drawdown. Will dedicate one of my next posts to it

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:19:55 AM

4h gives quite a comprehensive pic of what is going on with BTC price. Here's my view
Will see further moves.

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 01:32:40 PM

Some basics to share.
This is what I learned about 12 years ago and exactly this is what I use daily and never forget of. Easy but really helpful. Save it!

zonom

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:00:11 PM

4h gives quite a comprehensive pic of what is going on with BTC price. Here's my view
Will see further moves.

Wow. Didn't see this. Use short term charts.  Sometimes see it appealing to look through different time frames
zonom

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:02:01 PM

Some basics to share.
This is what I learned about 12 years ago and exactly this is what I use daily and never forget of. Easy but really helpful. Save it!

Good stuff. I lost all the deposit before I lern it lol
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 05:14:44 PM

Today's BNB trade on breakout. Closed a couple of candles ago

zonom

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:01:03 AM

Today's BNB trade on breakout. Closed a couple of candles ago

Yeah I'm a fan of your trades. Are you still in long?
4IRIK

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:10:06 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 08:20:48 AM by 4IRIK

Gosh
Margin is scaring Sad
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:13:48 AM

choice is yours. follow your heart as long as you are getting enough money. i lost my job and finding another one is difficult. learning the crypto trading has been a major thing for me but i am finding it difficult. i wish that i have some one to train me. i know i will be good at it.
4IRIK

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:20:03 AM

Hey. I see you are successful in crypto. I’m crying my heart here, probably you could give me any piece of advice. I lost almost EVERYTHING…
How you survive..? I saw your statement. Feel like I won't have such ever. I'm lost and have no idea how to recover my funds...

Hello. I was starting from small steps and silly mistaked. I had no detailed plan for some time and suffered losses. What you see is the result of years. What did happen? Why did you lose  so much?
I suggest you not to trade for a while for sure.

I already stopped.. I lost almost EVERYTHING… All my crypto and fiat funds… I was always believing in crypto and was buying ETH and BTC at the bottoms and the price was increasing. Even when the bear market reduced the value of my portfolio I didn’t give up.

Then the story was quite pleasant, with the market recovery I was actively speculating and increased my deposit from 0.02 BTC to 0.2. I was really euphoric. That was the time of my graduation and I was thinking to cover my tuition fees by my profits in crypto. I has trading for hours. The feeling of happiness came to me so quickly. And in the same mode it gone…

That time I dot known with leverages. Started trading at Bitmex (I see your screens are exactly from there).
So, I was confident in my strategy. I earned some more money and started my margin trading. That was a mistake. I did everything as before, but with one unexpected market movement I lost everything. Then started a revenge trading. And one more mistake followed. Willing to get back my money I used the ones I was saving for years… What I got is margin call and the one more margin call. The last money was lost tonight… What is left for now is zero. Zero deposit and zero desire. Seems like it is the end of my crypto trader career. Overall, I lost 1.6 BTC, which is probably  not a lot for you… But for me it is everything since I have just graduated. I feel really suppressed  writing it and sometimes I feel like I’d better have killed myself… I don’t know what to do.

I feel what you are talking about. Learned the same lesson at about your age and as I can remember the sum of money was similar, but that time I was trading triple leveraged ETFs. Remember I lost everything I had, and I was going to lose even the first car I just bought. I was really devastated and decided to learn from it. By the way, it took me about a year to really get over the loss.

I decided to start fresh and just learn from it. It took me about a year to really get over the loss, but I bounced back and worked my ass off doing double shifts at the restaurant I worked at. Fast forward 11 years and I’m sitting in a paid off house that I never dreamed I would be living in at this age. You can do big things if you work hard and focus on your goals. The lesson I learned at 23 years old had a lot to do with the work ethic I have now that made me very successful financially. $10k is nothing to me nowadays. My crypto portfolio alone lost about $45k in value today and I’m having a beer right now feeling fine if that tells you anything.
My point is that your situation will change drastically in a few years if you choose to fight for it. It can get way better. The deciding factor is you. Now it is better to stop for a while, analyse the reasons an then start strading very carefully, that's my advice

Thank you for the support, it's really important to hear sth like that from a person with a similar experience. So you started to trade after a year?
I can share the screens, that's terrifying....

Not really, it actually took me about a week to start trading again. What I did that week was deep studying of risk and money management. I saved the rest of my deposit with the help of scalping. The positions also were decreased. Are you familiar with the techniques to recover the deposit and what about your risks? Everything can be fixed

Read here that you helped this guy to stare the successful recovery. Could you please share your advice?
That would be precious, as I see your results and feel that you are very very advanced in trading
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 08:26:56 AM

choice is yours. follow your heart as long as you are getting enough money. i lost my job and finding another one is difficult. learning the crypto trading has been a major thing for me but i am finding it difficult. i wish that i have some one to train me. i know i will be good at it.

It is not easy as any other interesting job. Learning on your own by books only is complicated as well, the practice and mentors are highly recommended in this case. Anyway, books may make a good base for the further steps to become a professional.
Leaving job is wisy only if you dedicated enough time and feel confident enough in it, having your staretegy tested and already getting constant earnings.
If you are still learning crypto, feel free to grab some knowledge from here and ask what you are interested in

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 08:52:41 AM

Hey. I see you are successful in crypto. I’m crying my heart here, probably you could give me any piece of advice. I lost almost EVERYTHING…
How you survive..? I saw your statement. Feel like I won't have such ever. I'm lost and have no idea how to recover my funds...

Hello. I was starting from small steps and silly mistaked. I had no detailed plan for some time and suffered losses. What you see is the result of years. What did happen? Why did you lose  so much?
I suggest you not to trade for a while for sure.

I already stopped.. I lost almost EVERYTHING… All my crypto and fiat funds… I was always believing in crypto and was buying ETH and BTC at the bottoms and the price was increasing. Even when the bear market reduced the value of my portfolio I didn’t give up.

Then the story was quite pleasant, with the market recovery I was actively speculating and increased my deposit from 0.02 BTC to 0.2. I was really euphoric. That was the time of my graduation and I was thinking to cover my tuition fees by my profits in crypto. I has trading for hours. The feeling of happiness came to me so quickly. And in the same mode it gone…

That time I dot known with leverages. Started trading at Bitmex (I see your screens are exactly from there).
So, I was confident in my strategy. I earned some more money and started my margin trading. That was a mistake. I did everything as before, but with one unexpected market movement I lost everything. Then started a revenge trading. And one more mistake followed. Willing to get back my money I used the ones I was saving for years… What I got is margin call and the one more margin call. The last money was lost tonight… What is left for now is zero. Zero deposit and zero desire. Seems like it is the end of my crypto trader career. Overall, I lost 1.6 BTC, which is probably  not a lot for you… But for me it is everything since I have just graduated. I feel really suppressed  writing it and sometimes I feel like I’d better have killed myself… I don’t know what to do.

I feel what you are talking about. Learned the same lesson at about your age and as I can remember the sum of money was similar, but that time I was trading triple leveraged ETFs. Remember I lost everything I had, and I was going to lose even the first car I just bought. I was really devastated and decided to learn from it. By the way, it took me about a year to really get over the loss.

I decided to start fresh and just learn from it. It took me about a year to really get over the loss, but I bounced back and worked my ass off doing double shifts at the restaurant I worked at. Fast forward 11 years and I’m sitting in a paid off house that I never dreamed I would be living in at this age. You can do big things if you work hard and focus on your goals. The lesson I learned at 23 years old had a lot to do with the work ethic I have now that made me very successful financially. $10k is nothing to me nowadays. My crypto portfolio alone lost about $45k in value today and I’m having a beer right now feeling fine if that tells you anything.
My point is that your situation will change drastically in a few years if you choose to fight for it. It can get way better. The deciding factor is you. Now it is better to stop for a while, analyse the reasons an then start strading very carefully, that's my advice

Thank you for the support, it's really important to hear sth like that from a person with a similar experience. So you started to trade after a year?
I can share the screens, that's terrifying....

Not really, it actually took me about a week to start trading again. What I did that week was deep studying of risk and money management. I saved the rest of my deposit with the help of scalping. The positions also were decreased. Are you familiar with the techniques to recover the deposit and what about your risks? Everything can be fixed

Read here that you helped this guy to stare the successful recovery. Could you please share your advice?
That would be precious, as I see your results and feel that you are very very advanced in trading

Yeah, we analysed the case. The drawdown was harsh, but we structured everything and the recovery already comes

I will write all the steps I’d recommend, including the ones related to psychology.

SO, DRAWDOWN

Thus, if you have a losing position,

1) Accept that you are losing. It is an integral part of trading. The earlier you accept it, the more money you will save

2) Analyse. This is what our trading journals for. I often make screens of the trades to look through them and understand what the reasons of the failure are

3) Cut your losses. Part by part reduce the position which causes your drawdown. Make it insignificant for you

4) Having got rid of the losing position, you need the recovery:
4.1) Minimize the position size. It would not be so stressful (if you feel you are in tilt, stop trading for some days)
4.2) Understand what your best strategies/tools/trades/markets are
4.3) Use them only. Be it one trade a day or a couple of days. But it should be confident and perfect

5) Try strategies:
5.1) Scalping
5.2) Strong trend would be your true friend that time
5.3) My fav pyramid trading (increase the position step by step) and reversal (take profits by several steps)
5.4) Manage stop losses (you can use breakeven strategy), but not rush into it, cutting profits. This point should be applied in a very careful way.

Actually, these rules and strategies are applicable in any case. An effective way to cut losses and make more profits with less risks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: