Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice from respected big rank members for cleaning Indian local board  (Read 245 times)
Bitlover10 (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

Love is all

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:04:10 AM

Note :- This topic is only concerned about the Indian local board

Subject :- Need advice and guidelines for cleaning Indian local board

I am new here and still in my learning stage in this forum. I created this thread for asking some advice and guidelines from respected big rank members in this forum. And my intention is cleaning the Indian local board from spam and low quality post.

Problem with Indian local board and my question :-

1 - As my understanding In Indian local board post should be in hindi language and I saw local Indian Board have almost 80 percent post in English language. Which should not be acceptable.

[ Here many people may be arguing or think that India have so many languages so English should be allowed. I am not going to discuss deeply about this but I want to mention it if you think English can be understood by Indian person then you can post in other sections. You don't need to post in indian local Board.]

2 - Second problem is low quality post. And I found many old thread since 2014 or 2015 have a just a low quality post . I wonder why nobody is reported them. (For example this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528990.0)

My Question :-

1 Can I report all English post which are posted in the indian local board?

2 Can I report old low quality post ?

3 Is english allowed in the local Indian Board?

Bitcointalk
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 03:20:19 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2019, 03:30:36 AM by GreatArkansas

I think this thread should be in Meta board

- You can report it, for example in the post contains a lot of sentences and most of them are constructed in English.
2 Can I report old low-quality post ?
-Yes you can, but you should consider that those posts are really old, like for how many years.
Those posts by members who are now in higher ranks, back then they are on lower ranks, newbies (maybe)
- For me, YES, especially when you want to explain a simple idea that is when you say it in English, it's easier to understand that making a sentence with your local language which consumes a lot of reading but the idea is the same, ( I can encounter this sometimes on my Local board).

Your local moderators should be aware of this, this kind of problem are not only in your Local board but I also encountered this on our Board and it's easy to deal with it, just press the magic button 'Report to moderator' and state your reason.

EDIT: Just found that that, India Local board has no Moderator.  Shocked

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:33:11 AM

1. You just said 80% of that board is English and if for a longer time that haven't been prohibited I guess there's no point for reporting it. I guess you should report it even if it's English if they are off-topic, trolling  and spamming. And fair guess if 80% of that board is in English you'll have a hard time reporting all those posts.

2. Yes you can, even if it isn't English language as long as low quality posts.

3. I bet they are, even on all local boards as long as it has meaningful content, helpful for other members and does not meant just for spams.

You can report low quality post/replies of old threads.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4153

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 04:35:41 AM

1. You're only allowed to report spam or off topic post, reporting post just because it is in english will be marked bad as posting with english on local board isn't against forum rules.

2. Sure, irrespective of when a post was made if you observe it's a low quality post (spam) you're free to report and it's left for the moderators to decide whether to delete post or not delete. Don't forget forum members are also getting ban for plagiarism of post even as far back as 2010-2014. So there's no excuse for spam or low quality posts.

3. English is the universal language of the forum so it can be used on all board. e.g if a non native user has very important message to pass on a local board using english instead of google translator is idea.

BTW: Collectively as local board users, you guys can set local rules on each of your started threads indicating that only India should be used for communication this will encourage the use of India on the board.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:41:59 AM
Merited by dbshck (4)

Ohh, I just bumped the thread for active Indian moderator after seeing your thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3125174.

Now coming back to your questions.

1 - As my understanding In Indian local board post should be in hindi language and I saw local Indian Board have almost 80 percent post in English language. Which should not be acceptable.

Hindi is not the only language that is spoken in India, There are so many regional language spoken in India including English.
In fact English helps all Indian to communicate irrespective of their language and cultural difference.

You should not , Did you failed to see the stickies in English in Indian local boards.
Only English post in this thread need to be reported (if exists). all other topics are fine.

Sure, you can, But if you look at the above thread , look like nobody is handling the report.

When previous moderator Benson Samuel is himself posting in English in India Board , then I can say answer  is yes.

I am alive
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 05:47:55 AM

Problem with Indian local board and my question :-

[ Here many people may be arguing or think that India have so many languages so English should be allowed. I am not going to discuss deeply about this but I want to mention it if you think English can be understood by Indian person then you can post in other sections. You don't need to post in indian local Board.]
Hindi is not the default Indian language and never assume Indian local board post should be only in Hindi, Let us say there are 22 languages approved by the Constitution to be used officially and so everyone has their own voice in the Indian local board and that includes English, it is diverse and respect that diversity  Smiley.  

More than 19,500 languages spoken in India as mother tongues

Sure, you can, But if you look at the above thread , look like nobody is handling the report.
I am saying this time and again, my reports are being handled by the global moderator, not sure who that is but it is handled  Wink.

YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1761

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 05:52:56 AM

I strongly support your efforts to clean the spamer in the local local post board section,
Of course it's all for the good of the local Indian Forum.

You can report spammers, fraud etc., in your local part of India,

Low quality, please report it. This is the risk of the account being blocked.

I don't think it's permissible, not all members of India can speak English, so if this happens people have difficulty information about the discussion being discussed.

This is very useful for you, before acting: TS: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036308.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████