Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GlobalCoin by Facebook - speculation.  (Read 706 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 01:00:20 PM

A new cryptocurrency is coming in 2020 by Facebook. Zuckerberg will try to partner with the governments and make it a bridge between his products like WhatsApp and Facebook.

Where could it be heading to?

I started a thread in the Economy section, about where I think it is headed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5147740

My perspective is that FB are using crypto in order to suck up yet more personal data, this time in the valuable area of what we purchase, and then selling this on to advertisers. It's an example of the wider trend of surveillance capitalism, where anything that can be captured and digitised is captured and digitised in order to build up very detailed profiles on what our behaviour might be in the future.

jossiel

Activity: 3010
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:10:27 PM

A new cryptocurrency is coming in 2020 by Facebook. Zuckerberg will try to partner with the governments and make it a bridge between his products like WhatsApp and Facebook.

Well, we still can't say where it is heading until we see them rocking and operating already. I've read also that it's likely Mark Zuckerberg will be teaming up with the Winklevoss twins.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/zuckerberg-reportedly-held-talks-with-winklevoss-twins-about-facebooks-cryptocurrency-plans.html
https://www.ft.com/content/0207778c-7d62-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560

and if this really happend in the next year, maybe most of good crypto will green and touch another level on price and market capitalizations too
because in 2020 bitcoin halving even will be happend to right ?
hope this not only a rumours  Wink
We don't have to wait for next year, looking at the price and charts today makes sense that the market is on green. You may see bitcoin on red but that's $8,730 you are looking at and it's not bad as before whenever bitcoin goes red, the price plunges that much.

Yes, 2020 and by May 22 to be exact as per https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/ the halving will occur. The halving is no rumor because it's a real event that happens every 4 years.  Wink
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:56:07 AM

It will be a good thing if this globalcoin is decentralized and has an approval of government but the way it is I think it is going to be a centralized coin! This Facebook develop coin is going to be one of the popular coin as Facebook has great users and it is easy to promote. I strongly believe that governments is going to give approval for this and majority of the financial institutions are going to use this.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 06:35:36 AM

Well somehow it could be a fun thing to do if we don't care about centralization/government or so

I am not sure if it will be implemented this way
But if one can actually tip on a post or content to shows support, it would bring in more content creator on facebook
Definitely it would push facebook further than now
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:36:54 AM

It definitely would be a plus for cryptocurrency adoption, we need more huge blockchain projects like GlobalCoin, Dfinity, TON. That can raise another new wave of hype and adoption, new people inflow. With those giants all industry will grow up(i mean other coins too). Will see, besides that GlobalCoin is good idea, Facebook has millions of users.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:36:25 AM

I wouldn't expect much in terms of mass adoptions, Facebook has no ethics and they would sell their own mothers to make money.  Cool
I think your view is wrong this time around, 70% of people that are using Facebook are IT inclined and it won’t be much of a strange thing to them when they bring the coin to the notice of the public. The adoption might not be immediately, but Facebook as you know will have their tactics that will enable them gradually impose it on their users with time.

I mean their business users, because that will be their main target. If you look at most of the investor that ICO has successfully gotten are through social media and majority of them got to know about it through Facebook, so what makes you think they will not succeed now that it’s their own personal project.
davis196

Activity: 2996
Merit: 915

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:23:41 PM

Don't know where Zuck is heading,but I've found something interesting...
There's another globalcoin(GLC) listed on coinmarketcap with a current price of 0.003 USD.
It looks like a dead altcoin with a 198K USD market cap.Perhaps all the hype about facebook's globalcoin will boost the price of this globalcoin?
Or the GLC dev team will try to patent the name globalcoin and sue facebook...

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:22:50 AM

Yup, this news is true. Facebook will launch their first coin called GlobalCoin and this coin itself is a centralized coin like ripple. Yes, even though it's only a utility coin in my opinion, this coin will be able to compete with the top 10 cmc now.
And at the same time in 2020, there will be bitcoin halving, I don't know if that year will be the year of crypto explosion.
I have never been worried about Facebook coin ever since the rumor came out because I was sure that what they will create will be a stable coin to be used internally,so those who are thinking or believing that Facebook might replace bitcoin are just lost in their unrealistic thoughts as it will be impossible since they cannot perform same responsibility.

Moreover, it will really be less accepted because of its centralized nature, first, it’s going to be fully monitored by Facebook and at the same time government will also have access to its usage and activities which is not in line with what bitcoin was created for.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:12:57 AM

Another ripple in the making, probably government must have even directly contacted him to create such coin since he has the largest user database when it comes to social media to be able to have control over the cryptocurrency, if not, what would make them suddenly revert their policy after they have locked out most bounty campaigns from their site.

People are still complaining of binance of monopolizing the crypto currency industry, they should wait and watch, these are the real players that will do that and I hope that they don’t end up changing satoshi’sintention for creating crypto with these partnership they have with government.

MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:37:58 AM

It definitely would be a plus for cryptocurrency adoption, we need more huge blockchain projects like GlobalCoin, Dfinity, TON. That can raise another new wave of hype and adoption, new people inflow. With those giants all industry will grow up(i mean other coins too). Will see, besides that GlobalCoin is good idea, Facebook has millions of users.
When GlobalCoin is launched, billions of investors around the world will have a special interest in this coin as this is a social-related coin and the project built by Facebook will definitely achieve great success. I think Facebook is one of the pioneering companies in this area and surely many other well-known companies will soon start making this change so expect what will happen next.

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
FitzgeraldZ

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:45:19 AM

On the other, without scientifically supported protection highlights having the majority of this information in one spot would be a huge wellspring of security and security chance, and a tremendous shelter for nations with influence over FB to get information get to.

yet, should I invest in this ? indeed id invest. As a speculation opportunity its an easy decision. regardless of on the off chance that it will be a shitcoin first year it will explode or until peoples justify itself what to do with this coin.
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 01:28:16 PM

On the other, without scientifically supported protection highlights having the majority of this information in one spot would be a huge wellspring of security and security chance, and a tremendous shelter for nations with influence over FB to get information get to.

yet, should I invest in this ? indeed id invest. As a speculation opportunity its an easy decision. regardless of on the off chance that it will be a shitcoin first year it will explode or until peoples justify itself what to do with this coin.

Nowadays every coins simply comes to the market and after the day that coins has been listed on any big exchanges. That coin is falling like something.
This coin is also do the same in the market not the revolution.
Moreover social site like facebook cannot do anything crypto industry. May be they make the cryptos familiar through out the world. Without knowing the effects they are coming to market. We will be benefitable for sure.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀