Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:47:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Proposes Creating On-Chain Ether Mixer  (Read 180 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:41:48 PM

Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin has proposed creating an on-chain smart contract-based ether mixer in a note on collaborative development platform HackMD on May 24.

In his note, Buterin argues that the Ethereum ecosystem needs more privacy, and points out that the default behavior is to do everything through a single account, allowing for all of the user’s activities to be linked to each other. Furthermore, he notes that simply spreading the ether across multiple addresses is not a solution, since the transactions sending ETH to those wallets connect them.

Buterin also linked to a Twitter thread where it has been brought to his attention that to apply for the HumanityDAO initiative, users are asked to simply tweet their Ethereum address. Twitter user Mooncritic noted: “You can now look up many people's Ethereum balance by their Twitter handle.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-co-founder-vitalik-buterin-proposes-creating-on-chain-ether-mixer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:55:44 PM

It's about time they plan and implement features regarding privacy in their blockchain ecosystem.
I like privacy coins but they are mostly marketed on the basis of privacy only and not many other functionalities.
A mixer is a good addition as it won't require hard changes to be made and can be easily implemented.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:57:08 AM

Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin has proposed creating an on-chain smart contract-based ether mixer in a note on collaborative development platform HackMD on May 24.

In his note, Buterin argues that the Ethereum ecosystem needs more privacy, and points out that the default behavior is to do everything through a single account, allowing for all of the user’s activities to be linked to each other. Furthermore, he notes that simply spreading the ether across multiple addresses is not a solution, since the transactions sending ETH to those wallets connect them.

Buterin also linked to a Twitter thread where it has been brought to his attention that to apply for the HumanityDAO initiative, users are asked to simply tweet their Ethereum address. Twitter user Mooncritic noted: “You can now look up many people's Ethereum balance by their Twitter handle.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-co-founder-vitalik-buterin-proposes-creating-on-chain-ether-mixer

[img]https://images.cointelegraph.com/images/740_aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy5jb2ludGVsZWdyYXBoLmNvbS9zdG9yYWdlL3VwbG9hZHMvdmlldy9lY2M4ZTRmZjFlZjk1ZGVlNjdjYjlkYzA2MDliNjhhNS5qcGc=.jpg[/im g]
I see what they are trying to do here, it has been a long time they came up with new features and a lot of investors are already taking their eyes off them, this is why the binance team have always been creating something new since their launch in order just to be relevant in this time of competition in the crypto space, I believe vitalik doing this is going to cause an increase in the price of the coin.
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:51:53 AM

If this new development succeeds, it will be a win-win for both the ethereum platform and its users. Although, we are already passed the date stated @OP and nothing is yet to come up.
Perhaps works are still going on at the background, because i believe its a serious task.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 08:57:42 PM

I also think this will help the coin to get new investors and clear a lot of people will use neew feature if is implemented, i will also wait to see and i will try it, i think will take some time to be done.
andronikos

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:03:05 PM

Well, I think privacy should be the main target for all crypto currencies. This is what crypto is all about.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:20:38 PM

And it does not hurt the goverment´s confidence in Ethereum? When goverment realize that Ethereum becomes anonymous then they will not begin with a ban of Ethereum?

ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:26:38 PM

This is one of the best posts I've read today to be sincere, getting to know about these development update coming from Ethereum team. But what I didn't get is, you mentioned that Vitalik talked about enhancing privacy, and in the same context, one can easily know ether balance of someone else by twitter handle, that's contradictory a lil. But in all, nice post here.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:36:10 PM

This is great and I think that on-chain ether mixer is good and more safe in terms of security because all we know that etherium is a good coin and well experienced so I am sure thay if they make another project it will be good and successful because they already know that is good or wrong in this industry.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 10:42:39 PM

This is quite through..Twitter giveaways are easy ways of harnessing blockchain wallet address for hacks this days.. I think vitalik views on privacy are true but my question is,  won't trying to implement something to solve this problem cost too much? I won't like to hear of another hard fork to improve the ethereum blockchain infrastructure..

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: