Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Boomcoin|An scalable anonymous currency system based on Proof of Capacity  (Read 1963 times)
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:55:05 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2019, 02:00:41 AM by noaheelo

Description: After ten years of evolution since the birth of Bitcoin (BTC), BTC has been widely popularized and implemented, proving the feasibility of distributed, transparent and unchangeable point-to-point payment . But the way BTC implements the proof of work(POW) and the maintenance of the entire network, determined to waste a lot of resources, has made BTC a game between few mine overlords since the emergence of ASIC mining machines which lead to a higher threshold of BTC mining. As time goes on, the distribution of BTC is becoming more and more aggregated, far away from the decentralization idea of Satoshi Nakamoto. Boomcoin is a new currency brought out recently based on Proof-of-Capacity(POC). POC consensus abandons many defects of POW and the electricity consumed in each transaction of Boomcoin is about one in hundreds of thousands of BTC. Boomcoin optimizes the mining mode of POC consensus with efficient transaction dealing, flexible architecture and perfect Turing protocol, developers can create advanced applications within Boomcoin.

Proof-of-Capacity is a consensus algorithm where miners will “PLOT” their hard drives in order to take part in transaction verification. In other words, the miners will compute and store the solutions for the mining problems before mining. These solutions have to be calculated in advance as they are too complicated to solve in real time. Moreover, the block times are really short at an average of 1 block every 4 minutes (compared to Bitcoin’s 10 minutes). This is why the solutions to the hashing algorithm must be saved in advance. The way in which a miner is able to increase his / her chances of winning the block reward is making sure that they have the most solutions (plots) saved on their hard drives beforehand, which will be the fastest chance for increasing your solutions. It is worth noting, that slower plotting ability correlates with increase in ASIC resistance. This is why plotting is made via Shabal256 algorithm; this algorithm is very I/O intensive and thus too slow for ASIC to yield any economic advantage.

HOW IT WORKS?

There are two components that make up the Proof-of-Capacity, these are PLOT and the mining on the hard drive.
PLOT is the first stage and this involves that you creat your unique PLOT files. PLOT makes use of a hashing function called Shabal. This hashing algorithm is much harder to compute than SHA 256 algorithm used in the Bitcoin protocol. Hence, the miners will compute the solutions to the Shabal algorithm in advance and save them on the hard drive.
Boom will calculate a qualified hash in the process of Plot to determine whether the given nonce is valid. If it is valid, it will randomize the number by means of another hash.
With most cryptocurrencies that are not based on Proof-of-Stake, there is a process called mining. This process is the foundation for a blockchain to grow and secure transactions within the network. Boomcoin is not different, except that you use precomputed hashes to find values that can be used to forge a block.

The Improved POC Consensus Model
Boomcoin learned from the coin-holding model of POS and increases mortgage for mining with Boom. Users will purchase Boom in the market for mining; however, the purchasing has its end. When there is a upper limit for the investment in hardware equipment, it will become a multi-party game in the market.
Users: They constitute the largest community in the ecology of Boom and serve as the nodes for wallet. They also provide minders with Boomcoin during the process of mining.
Miners: They purchase hardware to dig up the minds in the mode of solo or pool.
Developers: They give technological support in the ecology of Boom.
Mine pools: They are venues for mining. Generally, they also provide coin lending services.
Hardware service providers: They provide hardware support concerning hard disks and mining machines.
Enterprise: It provides the Boomcoin application for users.
Wallet: It is equipped with core functions like storage, remittance, asset issuance and crowd-funding.
Exchange: It serves as the venue for purchasing and selling Boomcoin.

Core Features
Boomcoin is a currency based on POC consensus. It is modeled after the multiple functions of Burst, containing features like smart contract, asset exchange, digital shop and crowd-funding system. Boomcoin boasts of acute structure with the capacity of indefinite expansion.

Technical Roadmap
Anonymous Transaction | Anonymous Transaction | Dual-use Data Storage

Wallet

Windows(testnet) | Mac | Linux | Online Wallet

Mining
Miner | Plotter

website

Presale

something is coming!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhaoanjun

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:52:17 AM

there's another boom coin.

https://boomcoin.net/
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:22:46 AM

seems boomcoin have been around years for now since the last time update on the website its just 2018, not 2019. but, its a goood thing if they announce here to get popularized.
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 10:18:45 AM

Just the same name. Smiley

Thanks for paying attention to Boomcoin, the website is "www.Boomcoin.org".

Boomcoin is an scalable anonymous currency system based on Proof of Capacity(POC). POC is amazing,it is a sustainable blockchain consensus.

noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 10:27:04 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2019, 02:28:52 PM by noaheelo

Mining pool Huh

Yes,Boom is mined with low-power hard drives instead of high-power CPU, GPU and ASIC.

Boom is still testing, we will announce mining tools next.

Mining pool will come soon too.
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 10:30:10 AM

seems boomcoin have been around years for now since the last time update on the website its just 2018, not 2019. but, its a goood thing if they announce here to get popularized.

Sorry,just the same name.
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:49:21 PM

When is it expected to go live ? I am still a big fan of
 Burst. So will go with Boom too... Smiley
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 02:12:19 PM

When is it expected to go live ? I am still a big fan of
 Burst. So will go with Boom too... Smiley

Mining tools and wallet will come soon.
Burst is an excellent project which pioneers POC mining.I am a big fan of Burst too.
POC is the greatest consensus. Boomcoin will make the POC Consensus ecology more widely, and everyone should know POC.
ICOEthics

Activity: 392
Merit: 892

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 02:55:15 PM

Do you have a team? Can you provide information about them, such as professional link to profile (linkedin), photos, etc?

ICOEthics ━█ ██ Monitoring ICO Scams ██ █━ ICOEthics
☶ Browse ICO Scams List〚!〛Save your crypto from scammers〚!〛Submit a possible ICO scam ✎
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2019, 05:00:13 PM

It's about time someone forked Burst's PoC, I've been saying it for years.

But a presale?!? lame af

Do you have a team? Can you provide information about them, such as professional link to profile (linkedin), photos, etc?

Get rid of the presale and you don't have to do any of this Meet The Team shit.

twitter.com/notsofast
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:12:20 PM

Yes. We have a team, but we do not want to be disturbed. We choose to be anonymous, now and in the future.
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:29:53 PM

It's about time someone forked Burst's PoC, I've been saying it for years.

But a presale?!? lame af

Get rid of the presale and you don't have to do any of this Meet The Team shit.

Yes, we have a presale plan for R&D and early promotion. The expansion of POC ecosystem requires it.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 11:33:47 PM

And here too. BOOM coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716699.0
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 07:27:58 PM

The Boomcoin wallet "Boomcoin(testnet)-1.0.0" is released. Well ... enjoy!
manfromafar

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:11:31 PM

Ah yessss  more java nxt wallets
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:25:09 AM

Ah yessss  more java nxt wallets

Don't need to install JAVA to use Boom wallet.

Caztiel

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:09:17 PM

When can I expect Mainnet ? Please don't tell me soon. specify what is soon Tongue
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:47:41 PM

When can I expect Mainnet ? Please don't tell me soon. specify what is soon Tongue

Around mid-June. Smiley
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 06:50:03 PM

And just for the record, this has nothing to do with the PoC Consortium.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:11:59 PM

And just for the record, this has nothing to do with the PoC Consortium.

Glad to see you.   Smiley
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:31:10 PM

Yes. We have a team, but we do not want to be disturbed. We choose to be anonymous, now and in the future.

You are creating a project and you do no want to be disturbed?
But are you always available to answer technical issues thrown by the community?
You are conducting presale so I don't think potential investors will like the statement that you don't want to be disturbed.
Also, other links are not yet working- block explorer, source code? Are you going to publish it?
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 09:47:14 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2019, 10:29:00 PM by noaheelo

So, this is closed source too?

Another pyramid scheme like BHD...neato. Buy more coin so you can mine more coin so you can hold more coin so you can mine more coin.

The core team is debugging the Boom code. We will open the source code when the system is more stable. Boom is a code fork of Burst, inherited a lot of features like smart contract, asset issuance, crowdfunding and various features. I am looking forward to the explosive development of Boom after opening the source.
Boomcoin learned from the coin-holding model of POS and increases mortgage for mining with Boom. Enjoy! Smiley
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:17:15 PM

But are you always available to answer technical issues thrown by the community?
You are conducting presale so I don't think potential investors will like the statement that you don't want to be disturbed.
Also, other links are not yet working- block explorer, source code? Are you going to publish it?

Anyway, this is our decision after discussion, and it may change in the future.
We will solve the technical problems here for the time being.Later, in telegram or elsewhere. But not now, it will consume our energy. As you know, many programs are still being developed and tested.A lot of work..
Of course, we will publish the source code, but not now.
eulenstein

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 12:25:17 PM

Love the concept of HDD-mining. first there was BURST, then came BHD, volume, spacemesh and chia are announced for Q3/2019 and now BOOM - dont know which one will survive or perform best, but it seems a good idea not to dismantle and sell your HDD-mining rigs just because BURST fucked up. and thx for not beeing PoC-Consortium Wink
leigi277

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:18:47 PM

The contract address can't see how to transfer BTC? Always queued, ended with failure, very bad experience
jleoshao

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:49:54 PM

The contract address can't see how to transfer BTC? Always queued, ended with failure, very bad experience

+1
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:10:20 PM

Love the concept of HDD-mining. first there was BURST, then came BHD, volume, spacemesh and chia are announced for Q3/2019 and now BOOM - dont know which one will survive or perform best, but it seems a good idea not to dismantle and sell your HDD-mining rigs just because BURST fucked up. and thx for not beeing PoC-Consortium Wink

Glad to see you! Boomcoin needs your support. It is quite a great plan.
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:25:15 PM

There's been a rush on presale. Exceeded our imagination. 
Kasperiko

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:04:10 PM

Sometimes surprised by projects like this.
They come to the forum to show their product, but when people come up they hide it.
With these methods you are not far away guys you need to be open to earn the trust and money of the community.
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 05:50:28 PM

The core team is debugging the Boom code. We will open the source code when the system is more stable. Boom has borrowed Burst smart contract, asset issuance, crowdfunding and various features.

This is bullshit. BRS (The Burst Reference Software) is GPLv3.

If you "borrowed" code of it, (which you didn't by the way, you simply forked the whole code base and added some own extensions such as PledgeService etc.) then your code is also GPLv3 and withholding the source is a violation of the GPLv3 license.

Analyzing your diction, I'd say the "development team" is a weird mixture of BHD guys and some former BurstNation "developers". Maybe you would like to add websockets too?  Grin

In any case, using Java which has a nifty bytecode that can be decompiled pretty well proves your GPLv3 license violation, so cut the shit please.

---

I'm not against this project per se - any PoC coin instance can be valuable IMHO, but please try to maintain a slightly more professional approach.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 06:11:22 AM

And while you are at it:

https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/1066770865222750208

It is really very easy to ramp up the TPS of this coin, so you should maybe consider changing a few parameters to start out with a much higher TPS.

• You could raise the Multi-Out to a comfortable 128 (Burst: 64) and Multi-Out Same to 250 (Burst: 128). I wouldn't go over 255 as that would require a change in the format.
  • You could raise the number of possible transactions in a block from 1020 to ... idk ... 2048? and the max Block size from a very understated 175KiB to some 512 KiB.

This should give you something around 500 TPS instead of the max. 80 TPS of Burst. Alternately you could lower the block time to 2 minutes which would make fork resolution still bearable, would improve this coins usage as payment system (confirmation times) and - of course - double the tx capacity.

You're welcome.

noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:33:02 PM

This is bullshit. BRS (The Burst Reference Software) is GPLv3.

If you "borrowed" code of it, (which you didn't by the way, you simply forked the whole code base and added some own extensions such as PledgeService etc.) then your code is also GPLv3 and withholding the source is a violation of the GPLv3 license.

Analyzing your diction, I'd say the "development team" is a weird mixture of BHD guys and some former BurstNation "developers". Maybe you would like to add websockets too?  Grin

In any case, using Java which has a nifty bytecode that can be decompiled pretty well proves your GPLv3 license violation, so cut the shit please.

---

I'm not against this project per se - any PoC coin instance can be valuable IMHO, but please try to maintain a slightly more professional approach.

Yes. Boom is a code fork of Burst. We will open the source code when the system is more stable.
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:07:20 AM

And while you are at it:

https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/1066770865222750208

It is really very easy to ramp up the TPS of this coin, so you should maybe consider changing a few parameters to start out with a much higher TPS.

• You could raise the Multi-Out to a comfortable 128 (Burst: 64) and Multi-Out Same to 250 (Burst: 128). I wouldn't go over 255 as that would require a change in the format.
  • You could raise the number of possible transactions in a block from 1020 to ... idk ... 2048? and the max Block size from a very understated 175KiB to some 512 KiB.

This should give you something around 500 TPS instead of the max. 80 TPS of Burst. Alternately you could lower the block time to 2 minutes which would make fork resolution still bearable, would improve this coins usage as payment system (confirmation times) and - of course - double the tx capacity.

You're welcome.

Thank you for your attention and for your very important suggestions.
Raising the Multi-Out is an idea we never thought of before. It is very helpful. Regarding TPS, we have also been discussing it over and over again. We will improve it in the future.
Caztiel

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:02:38 AM

I see it works some what like BHD... You need to hold atleast 30 Boom Coin to get 95% of the block rewards... Do where is this 30 Boom coming from ? Presale or Free Distribution for Initial Miners ?
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 02:46:49 PM

Yes. Boom is a code fork of Burst. We will open the source code when the system is more stable.

Well, I am not the FSF, but once again: You do not get to decide that.

Once you published Boom (which you did for the TestNet already), you have to publish the source too. The GPLv3 license requires it unconditionally.

And not when you decide to do it. Your mode of operation basically is similar to BHD (where the authors also decided to "open the source once the system is stable"). Which means exactly 2-3 things:

• You suggest your code is not stable.
  • You start out your coin in an illegal way. Please be aware that everyone running a node is subject to ISP take down notices and license violation lawsuits. Now this may not bother you(?) in some anonymous way and behind some great firewall of China, but if you want people to run the nodes in sane jurisdictions, it becomes a problem.
  • It may hint to a security by obscurity concept. You believe that you gain security for the coin by obstructing access to the code. In a business such as cryptocurrencies, where strong cryptography and proven mathematical concepts are key, obfuscation is a very weak protection.

eulenstein

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:26:44 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2019, 07:38:24 PM by eulenstein
Merited by mindrust (1)

why trust rico666? some even say he killed burst. PoC-Consortium cheated the community. Now they want to charge miners a high fee when using helix. so much for the topic "professional approach"
feyd27

Activity: 6
Merit: 29

Fear is the mind-killer

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 09:14:04 PM
Merited by rico666 (29)

why trust rico666? some even say he killed burst. PoC-Consortium cheated the community. Now they want to charge miners a high fee when using helix. so much for the topic "professional approach"

how can a coin be killed? please, enlighten me. i'd really like to kill a couple (hundreds), so i could really use the info. for the benefit of all cryptocurrencies.

seriously:
burst is very alive and a new roadmap is out - allegedly with the dymaxion it. that much on the topic of "killing".
PoC Consortium cheated on nobody - the burst community simply decided to not like the aspera wallet license, and the PoC Consortium heard the community opposition and moved on: https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/a6o592/i_do_not_support_aspera/ and gave significant resources to the BMF (burstcoin.ist, burstwiki) and still keeps operating the explorer and helping the BATs get in touch with exchanges.

as for helix, you might want to check out the reasons why it is a closed source software that comes with a license that has to be paid: because the R&D costs, and even with the license price, it is still the cheapest TB one can buy for PoC mining - which will significantly level the playground, especially between the ~PB and smaller (50-100 TB) miners.

rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 02:10:14 PM

This thread is about Boomcoin and not about some whackos' perception of reality.

"Some even say I eat babies." So what?

What I wrote about obligations that the GPLv3 license brings, you can read it up yourself if you "don't trust me" https://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.en.html

Sheesh. I will even paste out the relevant passage for the tl;dr Dyslexion  Wink  guys out there:

Protecting Your Right to Tinker

Tivoization is a dangerous attempt to curtail users' freedom: the right to modify your software will become meaningless if none of your computers let you do it. GPLv3 stops tivoization by requiring the distributor to provide you with whatever information or data is necessary to install modified software on the device. This may be as simple as a set of instructions, or it may include special data such as cryptographic keys or information about how to bypass an integrity check in the hardware. It will depend on how the hardware was designed—but no matter what information you need, you must be able to get it.

If I insisted on obtaining the source for Boomcoin now (because I wanted to tinker with it, or even make another clone) and the Boomcoin author(s) would not comply, I could take this to the FSF.

---

As per your vomitory about Helix license: Yeah - duh! It's commercial software. We're not charging "high fee", we simply sell licenses for that software. It's not mandatory dummy, it's simply an investment for PoC miners - just cheaper than buying HDDs.

"Eulenstein", I do know that it doesn't matter what I write here, you made it perfectly clear in your little text that you are not to be rationalized with.

noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:41:00 PM

I see it works some what like BHD... You need to hold atleast 30 Boom Coin to get 95% of the block rewards... Do where is this 30 Boom coming from ? Presale or Free Distribution for Initial Miners ?

We had a pre-sale plan. You can buy BOOM from people who participated in it, in order to mine, or mine without a mortgage. Smiley
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:46:46 PM

In terms of Burst technology, rico666 does have a better understanding than most people. His suggestions on Raising TPS has also been helpful to us.
Villentretenmerth

Activity: 11
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 02:44:27 PM
Merited by rico666 (3)

That's completely inaccurate. There's so many layers of bullshit in your "statements" that I don't know where to begin.

I will just scratch the surface:

rico666 contributed to the core wallet software significantly. In the space of a year the PoCC did more to Burst than all of the previous years of BurstNation-led "development" (being generous here).

In fact, the wallet was left in such good shape that you now start to see all these cheap code forks of the BRS popping up left and right, including Boomcoin.  Wink

alloy_3in

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 11:06:36 AM

Does boom mining need a c drive, is it common with burst? Smiley
cnhncbw

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:37:05 AM

Windows Wallet could not be updated, and no nodes let me connect for synchronization.
The pre-sale interface can't log in. Where can I register to the account?
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:47:44 AM

how can a coin be killed? please, enlighten me. i'd really like to kill a couple (hundreds), so i could really use the info. for the benefit of all cryptocurrencies.

as for helix, you might want to check out the reasons why it is a closed source software that comes with a license that has to be paid: because the R&D costs, and even with the license price, it is still the cheapest TB one can buy for PoC mining - which will significantly level the playground, especially between the ~PB and smaller (50-100 TB) miners.

The only cheapest per TB you should be after is the price of a HDD. Not an external software. This is what BURST is about.

Read my Lips:

"PROOF OF CAPACITY"

NOT "Proof of GPU power with super fine software which doubles your HDD space in a magical way which costs you $1/tb and $4/tb for pro licence which you should buy at least 100tb btw"

And yes he killed BURST and now after other scamcoins like this one to scam more people.

He can't get enough of it now. Scam after scam, killing the old projects. Fucking degenerate.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
CapacityIdentity

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 02:07:46 PM

Fork burstcoin so BHD, "Boom" and the POCC aren't getting a penny of our profits. That goes for our double dipping miner traitors too.
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:00:15 PM

The only cheapest per TB you should be after is the price of a HDD. Not an external software. This is what BURST is about.

Read my Lips:

"PROOF OF CAPACITY"

NOT "Proof of GPU power with super fine software which doubles your HDD space in a magical way which costs you $1/tb and $4/tb for pro licence which you should buy at least 100tb btw"

And yes he killed BURST and now after other scamcoins like this one to scam more people.

He can't get enough of it now. Scam after scam, killing the old projects. Fucking degenerate.

I'd be careful about what you accuse others without backing it up with actual evidence.

He and the PoCC were leading Burst wallet development. Do you have any idea what that means in a permissionless environment?
In a nutshell, it means they can come and go without owing anything to anyone - or the "community" in this case. They were volunteers in forking the BRS, fixing the countless bugs and exploits that were present and improving it. The Burst community decided to follow their lead, and nobody was held at gun point to do so.

They left the wallet in a better shape than ever before. I don't know how that constitutes "killing" BURST. The fact that they decided - as a group - to not be involved anymore does not take away the merit of everything they did. You are just being plain mischievous or (most likely) ignorant.

Speaking of ignorant, you don't seem to understand what Proof Of Capacity is about at all. Just because the name says 'Capacity', it doesn't mean that stacking only HDDs is the most energy-efficient way to mine PoC2 plots. Or that there isn't PoW involved in a "pure PoC" setup, anyway (hint: there is). With Helix they made the PoC/PoW intermangling a little bit more evident, and actually made the "Burst/BHD/and_clones PoC" more energy efficient. Thinking outside of a box.

Suddenly, Helix is not an exploit of Burst-PoC, it's a cure.

So you see, I hope you somehow reach the logical conclusion that there's no such thing as "this is what BURST is about". BURST is about PoC2, and Helix is the un-gameable version of PoC2, nothing more, nothing less.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:08:41 PM

Read my Lips:

"PROOF OF CAPACITY"

I'd be careful about what you accuse others without backing it up with actual evidence.

He and the PoCC were leading Burst wallet development. Do you have any idea what that means in a permissionless environment?
In a nutshell, it means they can come and go without owing anything to anyone - or the "community" in this case. They were volunteers in forking the BRS, fixing the countless bugs and exploits that were present and improving it. The Burst community decided to follow their lead, and nobody was held at gun point to do so.

They left the wallet in a better shape than ever before. I don't know how that constitutes "killing" BURST. The fact that they decided - as a group - to not be involved anymore does not take away the merit of everything they did. You are just being plain mischievous or (most likely) ignorant.

Speaking of ignorant, you don't seem to understand what Proof Of Capacity is about at all. Just because the name says 'Capacity', it doesn't mean that stacking only HDDs is the most energy-efficient way to mine PoC2 plots. Or that there isn't PoW involved in a "pure PoC" setup, anyway (hint: there is). With Helix they made the PoC/PoW intermangling a little bit more evident, and actually made the "Burst/BHD/and_clones PoC" more energy efficient. Thinking outside of a box.

So you see, I hope you somehow reach the logical conclusion that there's no such thing as "this is what BURST is about". BURST is about PoC2, and Helix is the un-gameable version of PoC2, nothing more, nothing less.

You know he could have let everybody use that software for free. Instead, he chose to sell it for money. There is a software called ETHpill, you can get it for free, why not Helix?

You want us to thank him for not fucking up the project while they were in charge? Well, they fucked it up actually.

If they were so great on developing burst, why did they even leave?

Boom and BHD are not even necessary at this point while Burst exists. This whole thing stinks.

Btw, come back with your real account. Don't be a coward.

I just checked this topic, almost all posters are newbies. Fucking multi account scammers.

DONT BUY THIS SHIT THAT's UH SCAM

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:32:03 PM

Read my Lips:

"PROOF OF CAPACITY"

You know he could have let everybody use that software for free. Instead, he chose to sell it for money. There is a software called ETHpill, you can get it for free, why not Helix?

You want us to thank him for not fucking up the project while they were in charge? Well, they fucked it up actually.

If they were so great on developing burst, why did they even leave?

Boom and BHD are not even necessary at this point while Burst exists. This whole thing stinks.

Btw, come back with your real account. Don't be a coward.

I just checked this topic, almost all posters are newbies. Fucking multi account scammers.

DONT BUY THIS SHIT THAT's UH SCAM

Oh please, God forbid them for trying to profit from their expertise. Why don't you fill a complaint to Seagate when you buy their HDDs? Or to Walmart, for being the middle-man and charging you an extra. No? So suddenly it's OK to charge for a commercial product, be it hardware or software? You are making yourself look completely stupid on this one.

They left BURST because the community wanted to. I'm sure you weren't there and you know jack shit about what happened, judging by your "statements". But I was there and was involved, so I know better than you.

"Boom and BHD are not even necessary at this point while Burst exists" is the only sensible and coherent thing you said in your last 700 words.

And by the way, this is my real account. I don't usually post, but when I do, is to call bullshit on people like you spreading baseless accusations. Keep it up and you'll hear a lot more from me in the future.

Imagine being called a "fucking scammer" by a normie who has "CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK" and referral links in his signature to scam noobs.
CapacityIdentity

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:39:22 PM

You know what?! Chia, Volume and Spacemesh with their VDFs will rule. Poc2 is a scam...Soon people will use FGPAS or  GPU farms to emulate more capacity. When scaled high it will have the power requirement of a GPU coin. Is doubling the capacity not bad enough? Kick these double agent miners out...FORK this coin. Bunch of members profiting off a scam!!!!! FORK THIS COIN. The dev's are rich with one account with 165PB (probably more) with a 15% premine with renting too......FORK THIS COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 11:11:50 PM

You know what?! Chia, Volume and Spacemesh with their VDFs will rule. Poc2 is a scam...Soon people will use FGPAS or  GPU farms to emulate more capacity. When scaled high it will have the power requirement of a GPU coin. Is doubling the capacity not bad enough? Kick these double agent miners out...FORK this coin. Bunch of members profiting off a scam!!!!! FORK THIS COIN. The dev's are rich with one account with 165PB (probably more) with a 15% premine with renting too......FORK THIS COIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VDFs are sequential proofs of work. So basically, Chia is implementing PoC+PoW below the fancy name. I doubt it will be more energy-efficient than PoC2.

Calling PoC2 a scam just shows how big of a troll you are.

What I consider scam is the mortgage and staking implemented in these Burst clones. cPoC is lame as fuck, and concentrates the wealth on the creators. It’s a ponzi.

Burst is still the only PoC2 coin that matters.
CapacityIdentity

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:33:36 AM

1) Your Enormous Cognitive Dissonance

How big of a troll I am? Do I need to spell it out?? We all know in the business of what the TERM "secret ASICS"  mean. How do we know he hasn't created something that could quadruple his capacity? 250 GB could mean 1 TB etc. The community sure was suprised with Helix despite all you high-iq "master coders/techies" reasoning.  We all know you only sell mining-type technologies when they are outdated trash for smaller alt-coins.

Scrypt was created long before even high single digit TB miners were created for Bitcoin for a REASON! If these quadruple BHD miners aren't here (I find that hard to believe with the salivating, thirsty PoCC) they will be soon.

2) Your Enormous Cognitive Dissonance Part 2

How can you authentically complain about BHD, when many of our miners are in cohoots with THEM. You strengthen/secure their network and make it function properly. Mining Burst only gives you 1/3rd of a penny a day. You're also complaining against a coin that is the only thing propping us up. 

Helix is the antminer s7 and you are too brainwashed to see the antminer s9, s17 (etc) is coming along.

PoC2 is DEADDDDDD!!!.

3) You are Brainwashed

P.S Nobody cares that it is more Eco-Efficient we got that....What we do care is small parties making a fortune!! That's what we care about!!
I don't care if it produces negative energy that makes a Warp Drive for 0 cost.

P.S.S If he emulates 1PB++ with burning  even a minimal amount of watts we are still looking at a small GPU coin type burning of power, rendering our Eco-Efficiency entirely meangliess with technological and capacity mass inflation.

The PoCC pre-ASIC lobby is probably paying you...

peterhammond

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:47:55 PM

will this use burst plots or new plots? so we have to make a decision where to go
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 05:10:11 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 07:44:56 PM by Villentretenmerth

1) Your Enormous Cognitive Dissonance

How big of a troll I am? Do I need to spell it out?? We all know in the business of what the TERM "secret ASICS"  mean. How do we know he hasn't created something that could quadruple his capacity? 250 GB could mean 1 TB etc. The community sure was suprised with Helix despite all you high-iq "master coders/techies" reasoning.  We all know you only sell mining-type technologies when they are outdated trash for smaller alt-coins.

Scrypt was created long before even high single digit TB miners were created for Bitcoin for a REASON! If these quadruple BHD miners aren't here (I find that hard to believe with the salivating, thirsty PoCC) they will be soon.

2) Your Enormous Cognitive Dissonance Part 2

How can you authentically complain about BHD, when many of our miners are in cohoots with THEM. You strengthen/secure their network and make it function properly. Mining Burst only gives you 1/3rd of a penny a day. You're also complaining against a coin that is the only thing propping us up.  

Helix is the antminer s7 and you are too brainwashed to see the antminer s9, s17 (etc) is coming along.

PoC2 is DEADDDDDD!!!.

3) You are Brainwashed

P.S Nobody cares that it is more Eco-Efficient we got that....What we do care is small parties making a fortune!! That's what we care about!!
I don't care if it produces negative energy that makes a Warp Drive for 0 cost.

P.S.S If he emulates 1PB++ with burning  even a minimal amount of watts we are still looking at a small GPU coin type burning of power, rendering our Eco-Efficiency entirely meangliess with technological and capacity mass inflation.

The PoCC pre-ASIC lobby is probably paying you...

Your Enormous Cognitive Dissonance Part III: Brain Fart Unlimited

How can you claim the PoC2 format is "DEADDDDDD" because of GPU-assisted decompression and at the same time believe Chia and VDFs "will rule"? Chia will have ASICs too, so how does that work in your brain?
Miners will always try to increase energy efficiency and push the boundaries of what's exploitable, it doesn't matter what kind of hardware (or combination of hardware) they will use, or what is the consensus. Yes, energy-efficiency is a zero-sum game once a miner has no edge over the others, but that's the dynamic of mining, it doesn't matter if it's PoW, PoC, PoWCSPABCXYZ. AsicBoost, more energy-efficient ASIC technology in general is proof that something like that can also happen with Bitcoin, is Bitcoin broken and dead now?

In the end, Helix pushed the boundaries of PoC2 to the limits of "exploitable", and EVEN SO it cannot be economically viable for every mining rig (PoC mining is still predominantly CAPEX-heavy anyway). So now we have proof that not only PoC2 is the most energy-efficient mining algorithm, but cannot be "gamed" beyond what you can compress/decompress using PoW (the Helix format).
Therefore, PoC2 is not dead - Helix proves that Proof Of Capacity works!
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:38:09 PM

Does boom mining need a c drive, is it common with burst? Smiley

The mining method of BOOM is similar to that of Burst. Smiley
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:40:18 PM

Windows Wallet could not be updated, and no nodes let me connect for synchronization.
The pre-sale interface can't log in. Where can I register to the account?

Presale has ended and registration is closed.
We‘re about to launch an official wallet to replace the test wallet. Smiley
heigua2

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:40:43 PM

Seems no progress on this new project. Huh
noaheelo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:10:53 AM

The Boomcoin wallet "Boomcoin-1.0.0" is released. You can mine BOOM now. Enjoy!! Mining Software and Plotting Software are here! Boomcoin.org  Smiley
peterhammond

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 10:43:27 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 11:06:20 AM by peterhammond

so how do u mine this? is there a pool or solo?

is there a proxy to use to mine it?
whats the address to point miner to?
where do you get the API key from?
changesl

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 12:50:55 PM

The Boomcoin wallet "Boomcoin-1.0.0" is released. You can mine BOOM now. Enjoy!! Mining Software and Plotting Software are here! Boomcoin.org  Smiley

I need to 1 coin to active solo mine.  my address: BOOM-B5NJ-D9WY-8CWK-86F3T . thank you

any link for community ?  discord or something ?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 01:16:36 PM

Fun fact: Helix mining possible with Boomcoin

rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 01:19:11 PM

Fork burstcoin so BHD, "Boom" and the POCC aren't getting a penny of our profits. That goes for our double dipping miner traitors too.

You will need to replot then, because if it's PoC2 mineable, it's Helix mineable too.
Which means you need to shoot yourself in the knee first. Be my guest.

erdnapa

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:43:08 PM

Hi, did anyone find a original thought in the whitepaper? Seems like a blatant copy of existing material.
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 07:40:57 PM

Hi, did anyone find a original thought in the whitepaper? Seems like a blatant copy of existing material.

Well...

It is a copy.

Not only it's a copy, they managed to fuck up a lot of things, including the license.
cnhncbw

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:00:15 AM

Hello, I want to build a pool of boomcoin, how do I operate, is there a guide?
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 06:28:54 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2019, 06:53:44 AM by rico666

Seriously @OP - you need to relaunch.

1) make it open source.

As is, it's illegal. You will encounter constant takedown notices both based on DMCA for the webpage containing the downloads (from fellow US-based copyright holders) or good old EU copyright law. The coin network will not get any node/feet on the ground in US and Europe. Decentral much?

Any exchange will be informed about the license breach of the software (and as such not list the coin). You will not be able to use e.g. Github - be it even for binary only releases. etc. etc.
Do you really intend to keep up a coin with such a shaky basis?

By the way, you also violate the license of the Blago miner.

2) Make at least the fundamentally necessary changes

You managed to change the name, but you didn't manage the communication ports 8123 & 8125. Gosh even to the point, where the regular BRS (Burst Reference Software) syncs on your network. A total fuckup.

Roll Eyes

edit

In addition:

I wrote about the tx increase you'd get free house - make use of it.

Also, you couldn't help but premine this coin, well ok. But did you really need to f*ck in there 50k blocks for no other reason than get your premine???
You could simply anchor a transaction with XXX Boom on a certain address (you had the passphrase to) directly in the genesis block - you know?
That way not everyone would need to lame-ass sync 50k blocks from behind the great firewall of Yellowmanland.

Think about it.

Menaxerius

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 03:11:23 PM

So is this project dead already or whats going on @OP?
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:30:53 PM

Why the f* are crypto currency projects closed source?! It is against the very essence of the ecosystem.
alamanlage

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 11:37:33 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 07:55:55 AM by alamanlage

Tweets
Boomcoin@Boomcoin_org
At block height 54574, there is an abnormal block. Please stop mining !!! Wait for us to deal with it.

Account BOOM-HELX-RMFX-3Z2V-CFLYQ Info
The account named PoCC Helix Experimental Server #1 has a balance of 64'232.63965 BOOM.

he is doing it again....

but since boom "devs" are so greedy keeping 80%, they dont deserve better Wink
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 06:44:18 AM

Suicide hotline: https://discord.gg/tvNd3Xg

kechenzhou

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:12:04 AM

I formed a telegraph group about POC mining.
Communicate with you on topics related to POC ecological construction, mining, and cryptocurrency transactions.
https://t.me/joinchat/IZowkBOQkOsjchRCU483_Q
kechenzhou

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:19:19 AM

Discover the excellent cryptocurrency of the POC Ecology, find more partners to join the POC family, and share with you the topics related to POC ecological construction, mining, and cryptocurrency transactions.

This is a new link.

https://t.me/pocecological
Villentretenmerth

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 12:30:36 PM

Discover the excellent cryptocurrency of the POC Ecology, find more partners to join the POC family, and share with you the topics related to POC ecological construction, mining, and cryptocurrency transactions.

This is a new link.

What is this even supposed to mean?  Grin

Among many indecipherable and badly translated from Chinese expressions, "POC ecological construction" in particular? ROFL

From what ground holes these guys are coming from?
alamanlage

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:10:06 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 08:44:05 PM by alamanlage

BOOMcoin seemed to be dead befor it even started.

The Helix Block and following fork yesterday mad it all clear. who will trust a coin that is so vulnerable ??

Chuck_Norris

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 07:56:43 PM

People that just want to mine and dump : )
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 08:36:57 PM

For your immediate attention!

Boomcoin is a complete scam:

https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/c4v1yi/important_boom_coin_scam/

In short, they have hard-coded in accounts that can mine at 10x, 100x, 1000x, 10000x the capacity and two accounts that instamine:

https://paste.ee/p/BlZ2t

I knew this coin was shit, but I didn't expect that level of insolence.

alamanlage

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 08:50:22 PM

somebody: what is POC ecological?

admin: it’s a new consensus algorithm

somebody: So, it is proof of concept?

admin: Proof of capacity

somebody: Ah, yes

admin: Just like bitcoin

...at that point I had to quit. nonsense.
Menaxerius

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 12:22:39 AM

Just close it, its dead
alamanlage

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 04:50:30 AM

Still here ??

Get lost, you scammers !!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
TheMatrix101

Activity: 330
Merit: 130

Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 06:48:10 AM

Hey guys, pretty sure this is the same boomcoin. burst did a post about this that is eye opening as to why the devs arent talking and why it's closed source: https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/c4v1yi/important_boom_coin_scam/

█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 06:55:39 AM

Hey guys, pretty sure this is the same boomcoin. burst did a post about this that is eye opening as to why the devs arent talking and why it's closed source: https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/c4v1yi/important_boom_coin_scam/

Pretty sure you didn't read the thread - maybe message #76 ?  Wink

heigua2

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 11:12:55 AM

some one said this is a shit Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 06:23:03 PM
Merited by Villentretenmerth (1)

It's incredible. They = Devs

1) They violate the GPLv3 - allegedly to not be copied.

Blatantly using Burst source code themselves (but ok, that's what GPLv3 is for), but then worse

2) They are being caught cheating like hell with instamine and 10000x,1000x privileged accounts

In the source they tried to hide.

3) Analysis reveals they grabbed 99.49% of the total supply cheating from 2

As if nothing happened, they relaunch and secure those 11 million Boom in a premine account.

And again they find donkeys who follow the carrot.

Some people simply can't be helped.

irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 11:26:24 AM

it is any exchange selling this coin?

back here after the boom in 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: