Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STO vs ICO - security  (Read 11091 times)
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 04:59:00 AM

Hi,

I've compared a few ICOs and STOs.

In my opinion, they are nothing different when it comes to security.

What do you think?

Security more preferrend as long term investment. For raising funds, i think there is no different between ICO or STO in crypto but right now many STO offered on IEO. If i should to choose to invest, i think i will invest in STO because it should be regulated by financial authority

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:58:09 AM

My side is on IEO, coins are going for this crowdfunding, but if I have to pick between the two I'll definitely go for STO because they are more regulated than ICO, there's a lot of scams in ICO and it keeps growing every day, and they keep scamming people
well, now ICO is the last choice after IEO and STO. STO is also the newest form of ICO, and people now also prefer STO to ICO. well, for now, only a very good project will make ICO successful.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:05:21 PM

So far, only in the information space we hear about the advantages of ico over IEO companies.  As soon as we get real results, then it will be possible to say with accuracy which concept of promoting new projects is not only profitable, but also safe.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:12:11 PM

Hi,

What do you think?

Well i do think STO is more like stock and also they do need legal from their country. I do think STO will come out pretty much in 2019 which i think ICO are already dead and if institutions want to enter crypto world STO is the best to fund money and the best way offer to investors. I do hear that coin from STO is only act as stock and cant be act as token.

republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:23:05 PM

Hi,

What do you think?

security for what ? if we talk about return i think an ICO or STO even for IEO project, will not ggive us a guarantee for return mate
because after hit the market, the price will always depends on supply and demands from the project itself,
so, we must know all things about the project before investing, always DYOR buddy
regards
vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:45:28 PM

for me STO security is more guaranteed than ICO. because STO itself is a security token offering that shows that security is more important for the convenience of users.

Genkotsu

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:50:05 PM

i think that is have a long distance bitween ICO and STO.
if you mean is initial coin yeah that is same, but for security i think that is so much different.
ICO is not have security system they just make a smart contract with based other blockchain like erc20 and they can play ICO, so simple.
STO is have more and more security system to lauch they own STO.

Elsop

Activity: 166
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 07:42:59 PM

I see no difference to it STO and ICO seem the same.

█████ ███ ██
GOLDARIO█████ ███ ██
▐ ▌ Your Share in the World's Digital Economy ▐ ▌ (http://www.goldario.com/)
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:44:58 PM

STO offer security tokens which represent a share of company holdings while ICO do not offer such. STO is regulated to an extent with legal backings and this is not the case for ICO. In terms of investor security, STO is better than ICO.  Both gear towards token sale anyway. 
Bananington

Activity: 1442
Merit: 344

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:16:41 PM

STO and ICO are very different, so saying they are same isn't true. ICO is just a crowdfunding means to raise funds for a crypto startup with no legal backings most times. STO on the other hand represent a means to issue security tokens which represent company shares and has legal backings.  Also, not all exchanges can list security tokens.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:46:08 PM

STO offer security tokens which represent a share of company holdings while ICO do not offer such. STO is regulated to an extent with legal backings and this is not the case for ICO. In terms of investor security, STO is better than ICO.  Both gear towards token sale anyway. 
We have seen it clearly, now a new project mostly use STO. Even for low budget project, they do STO except for scamming project with low life will still use ICO, because the goal is indeed to scam investor.

Batalo

Activity: 63
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:09:48 PM

Ok, thanks.

So, we have:
1. ICO
2. STO
3. IEO

What else?
WI want to knoq IEO better than ICO or STO or they are just the same with only difference in system?
fukajiyus.sa

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:10:46 AM

I think  STO is a secure and good option for investors compare to any ICO that usually became scam later.
Butern Butler

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:14:28 AM

Hi,

What do you think?

Yes.I agreed with you but what is the different between in system?

▀█✘██✘██✘█▄     BlockX     ▀█✘██✘██✘█▄
✘✘✘ Digital Assets Settlement & Payment on Blockchain ✘✘✘
✘✘✘blockxnet.com✘✘✘
Uikjuysd

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:28:41 AM

Advantages of ICO:
::Decentralization,
::Low state regulation (advantage for small independent investors),
::Ease of investment (there is no minimum investment value).

Advantages of STO:
::Rights over company profits as well as dividends,
::Increased security,
::Regulated by the SEC (advantage only for large investors in the traditional market).

So in my opinion STO is more secure then ICO.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:31:51 AM

We have seen it clearly, now a new project mostly use STO. Even for low budget project, they do STO except for scamming project with low life will still use ICO, because the goal is indeed to scam investor.
Where i can see most of the project use STo rather than IEO, are you saying bullshit about that? STO dead and you can see now some STO didn't even raise the funds. Crypto investors are still interested in IEO that listed instantly after the crowdsale rather than STO without a lot of guarantees.
lebev.hus

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:12:34 AM

I haven't invested into IEOs or STOs yet, as I see them as just another rebranding of ICOs.I think all are same like ICO.
Elsop

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:20:56 AM

STO is actually a new, improved version of the ICO. It has been made due to the large number of ICO scams in recent times.That;s why

█████ ███ ██
GOLDARIO█████ ███ ██
▐ ▌ Your Share in the World's Digital Economy ▐ ▌ (http://www.goldario.com/)
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 12:17:03 PM

Where i can see most of the project use STo rather than IEO, are you saying bullshit about that? STO dead and you can see now some STO didn't even raise the funds. Crypto investors are still interested in IEO that listed instantly after the crowdsale rather than STO without a lot of guarantees.

I think STO is still running. There are several STOs that can reach up to millions of dollars in sales. For many investors, the IEO is profitable for the short term and some investors choose long-term investments by buying STO because of STO is like bonds or company shares

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Ablaba Huston

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:03:33 AM

I think STO is still running. There are several STOs that can reach up to millions of dollars in sales. For many investors, the IEO is profitable for the short term and some investors choose long-term investments by buying STO because of STO is like bonds or company shares
Thank you for your reply.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: