Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2019, 05:15:08 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is successful? - this one statement sums it up!  (Read 902 times)
Slow death

Activity: 1316
Merit: 740

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 05:17:22 PM

Bitcoin is only successful at specific time periods,
usually ~ 4 years from the last peak, then the rest of the time it remains in the shitter.

There is always a very long crypto winter for the very short crypto springs.

Next Crypto spring is scheduled for Nov 2021 , if the pattern holds.
When it does not hold , odds are bitcoin price will collapse back 10 years.

Huh

These guys don't think like you:

ICE Releases Initial Margin Limits for Bakkt’s Coming Futures Trading

Winklevoss’ Gemini Crypto Exchange Launches Custody Service

Japan: Bitcoin Surpasses XRP in Yen-Denominated Crypto Holdings

bitcoin is increasing its adoption

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Khaos77

Activity: 266
Merit: 55

Flag Day ☺

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 05:29:06 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2019, 05:39:46 PM by Khaos77

usually ~ 4 years from the last peak, then the rest of the time it remains in the shitter.

There is always a very long crypto winter for the very short crypto springs.

Next Crypto spring is scheduled for Nov 2021 , if the pattern holds.
When it does not hold , odds are bitcoin price will collapse back 10 years.

Huh

These guys don't think like you:

ICE Releases Initial Margin Limits for Bakkt’s Coming Futures Trading

Winklevoss’ Gemini Crypto Exchange Launches Custody Service

Japan: Bitcoin Surpasses XRP in Yen-Denominated Crypto Holdings

bitcoin is increasing its adoption

Well sorry for them ,we can't all be right.

Just me and the chart.  Wink
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
Nov 2013->Jan 2017  
next
Jan 2017 -> Dec 2021

Bitcoin does not have enough coins for a global currency , if their were truly an adoption increase ,
we would see a price rise every day, not the price stagnation that has existed since the last crash.  Tongue

FYI:
Next BTC halving is May 2020, which means btc price has to double for the miners to maintain their profit margin,
Also as rewards decrease transaction fees are going to have to increase to help offset the lost profits.
This will make bitcoin less competitive in fees with other coins and payment services not more so.
When the price does not double overnight, more miners will be going bankrupt
and the remaining ones begin begging their venture capitalist greater fools for more funding.   Roll Eyes

squatter

Activity: 1218
Merit: 890

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 09:11:05 PM

You're only talking about price. That doesn't say anything about Bitcoin's success as a peer-to-peer currency constantly increasing in adoption.

Your attitude reveals something about your true motives: Your primary concern is profit. That's obviously why you promote altcoins like ZEIT while constantly bashing Bitcoin.

migws

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 09:49:41 PM

This pyramid just perfectly explains the success of Bitcoin. I agree, Bitcoin was created to help people get rid of third-party control and destroy centralized financial management. This makes the coin valuable and successful.
leftgirly

Activity: 100
Merit: 3

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 11:23:36 PM

It is simple, the anonymity behind bitcoin is what keeps it going. That is the candid explanation of what bitcoin is all about. There are also no known founding  members who may want take advantage of people and be organizing press conferences after falling apart from the rest of the team.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
shoreno

Activity: 770
Merit: 103

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 03:17:11 AM

It is simple, the anonymity behind bitcoin is what keeps it going.
when it comes to anonymity many coins can offer more than what bitcoin can do but bitcoin is just the first crypto to have anonymous feature so it got alot of supporters  .

This pyramid just perfectly explains the success of Bitcoin.
what pyramid  ? you mean bitcoin is a kind of pyramiding scheme ? bitcoin works like a pyramid though but it does not end instantly because the value recovers before it plunges into zero  .

I agree, Bitcoin was created to help people get rid of third-party control and destroy centralized financial management.
by using bitcoin we still need to download bitcoin wallets and most of them are i think centralized and often called as third party apps  .

Prateek_sharma

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:34:43 AM

Why bitcoin is successful?
Why no other crypto currencies are able to even come closer to it?

We often look for the answer of these questions. The twitter handle of CryptoKanoon answered it and I can't resist myself from sharing it with the fellow community members.

The tweet says,

No head
No funding
No employee
No PR agency
No Social media
No advertisement
No board meetings

The only reason which made #bitcoin succesful was the purpose and that was to help people overcome their sufferings.

I don't think of anything better can be answered against those above mentioned questions! Want to beat it??

Original content link: https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon/status/1132223935058042880

Because of anonymity
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1869

Remember tonight for it's the beginning of forever

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:33:31 AM

I agree, Bitcoin was created to help people get rid of third-party control and destroy centralized financial management.
by using bitcoin we still need to download bitcoin wallets and most of them are i think centralized and often called as third party apps  .

in this context "third party" is referred to someone else that takes control of your money. bitcoin wallets don't do that. and you downloading one doesn't mean you are using a third party nor does it mean they are centralized! all bitcoin wallets are open source and have nothing to do with centralization! not to mention that you will be in full control of your bitcoins.

if it is other than what i said, then it can not be called a bitcoin wallet. for example you can't call Coinbase, exchanges, closed source things like Coinomi a bitcoin wallet.

Rose_btc

Activity: 49
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:34:21 AM

In my understanding it is the decentralised feature and the technology that has created the place that it standing now.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1062

LiveCoin - is a modern stock exchange

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:45:21 AM

This pyramid just perfectly explains the success of Bitcoin. I agree, Bitcoin was created to help people get rid of third-party control and destroy centralized financial management. This makes the coin valuable and successful.

Every thing that states adoption and promulgation have this pyramid system as a core.  Government structure, offices structure, and even the population growth has it.  It is the universal blueprint of adoption and development.  One thing I understand why Bitcoin is successful, many people are fed up with these third party that controls their finances so they wanted something new that enable them to direclty transact with other people.  It is sad that for others, only the profit gain indicates the success of a project and believe that it failed once it crash in price.

Because of anonymity

Bitcoin is not fully anonymous, because it can trace the addresses used on the blockchain and once one of the source address is link to a certain bank account, then your identity can be traced.

█████████▄           ▄█
▀██▄         ██
▀██▄    ▄▄ ██
▀███ ███ ██
█████████▄        ▀▀ ██
▀██▄      ▄▄ ██
▄█████████ ███ ██
▄██▀          ▀▀ ██
████
█▀            ▄▄ ██
▄██ ███ ██
▄██▀   ▀▀ ██
▄██▀        ██
███████████▀          ▀█

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
█▄           ▄█████████
██         ▄██▀
██ ▄▄    ▄██▀
██ ███ ███▀
██ ▀▀        ▄█████████
██ ▄▄      ▄██▀
██ ███ █████████▄
██ ▀▀          ▀██▄
██ ▄▄            ▀█████
██ ███ ██▄
██ ▀▀   ▀██▄
██        ▀██▄
█▀          ▀███████████
Wonder_woman

Activity: 374
Merit: 100

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:11:26 PM

We often look for the answer of these questions. The twitter handle of CryptoKanoon answered it and I can't resist myself from sharing it with the fellow community members.

The tweet says,

No head
No funding
No employee
No PR agency
No Social media
No advertisement
No board meetings

The only reason which made #bitcoin succesful was the purpose and that was to help people overcome their sufferings.

I don't think of anything better can be answered against those above mentioned questions! Want to beat it??

Original content link: https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon/status/1132223935058042880

Bitcoin is successful because all over the world bitcoin attracts people like big whales investors, many rich people involved in bitcoin because of the tempting price of bitcoin last 2017.its very expensive and everybody's expecting for the price increase of this coming year.

RachelX ✦ 
THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1013

LiveCoin - is a modern stock exchange

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:23:50 PM

Yes, BTC has those major advantages. I think BTC needs more awareness, actively usage in daily life rather than HODL, credibility and trust in order to be reach its deserved success because with those major advantages BTC deserve more. There are vast majority people of who are ridiculously sceptical against BTC.
Seriously, that is what can get us to the promise land, many of us thinks that holding is what will make the value increase, but as we hold, it does not stop of from using it for other things, but this forum user said, I have forgotten his name or handle, there is no way that we can spend bitcoin if we don’t have where to spend it.

I think the awareness that needs to be created first is the one that will cut across, merchants and business people, we need establishment of payment processors and there is need for people who are into buying and selling to start using it, it is whenever we see what we can spend bitcoin on that it will also encourage us to release whatever we have in our spending wallet and not just focus on holding it down.

█████████▄           ▄█
▀██▄         ██
▀██▄    ▄▄ ██
▀███ ███ ██
█████████▄        ▀▀ ██
▀██▄      ▄▄ ██
▄█████████ ███ ██
▄██▀          ▀▀ ██
████
█▀            ▄▄ ██
▄██ ███ ██
▄██▀   ▀▀ ██
▄██▀        ██
███████████▀          ▀█

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████

▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
▄▄█
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████

█████

█████

█████
█▄           ▄█████████
██         ▄██▀
██ ▄▄    ▄██▀
██ ███ ███▀
██ ▀▀        ▄█████████
██ ▄▄      ▄██▀
██ ███ █████████▄
██ ▀▀          ▀██▄
██ ▄▄            ▀█████
██ ███ ██▄
██ ▀▀   ▀██▄
██        ▀██▄
█▀          ▀███████████
Khaos77

Activity: 266
Merit: 55

Flag Day ☺

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 10:37:48 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2019, 10:54:10 PM by Khaos77

You're only talking about price. That doesn't say anything about Bitcoin's success as a peer-to-peer currency constantly increasing in adoption.

Your attitude reveals something about your true motives: Your primary concern is profit. That's obviously why you promote altcoins like ZEIT while constantly bashing Bitcoin.

Bitcoin lost it's utility as a micropayment system.
Bitcoin needs a offchain secondary network called LN (Banking 2.0) to use , how pathetic is that.
Use as a currency is declining because it's competition is cheaper and faster.

I bash bitcoin, because so many here , talk about it like it has no flaws.
It has flaws , which government powers will use against it.
The refusal to admit those flaws is my biggest complaints against the bitcoin community.

Profit is one of my concerns, anyone here that says profit is not a % of their goals is a liar.
But also having a coin that can resist government domination and be truer to satoshi original vision is high on my list.
In the beginning ,
Anyone could mine btc, and it's location was variable to protect it from government corruption and no middle men,
Now only the rich mine btc, it's location can not be hid due to power waste, and LN is nothing but a network of middle men.
Anyone can stake ZEIT, and  it's location is still variable and micro-payments is still an utility and no middle men.
If you can't see which coin is closer to Satoshi's original vision, then the real dream is already dead for you.   Smiley

FYI: Sometimes the Dream is more important
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHrqrlZYsDA

retnocintaku

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:25:58 PM

Many people who previously did not expect that cryptocurrencies had tremendous potential to make money. Especially for Bitcoin and experienced the peak of success occurred in the year 2017. The price of one Bitcoin is incredible and many people suddenly get rich.

This increase in Bitcoin occurs because this coin is number one in crypto. I think the condition of 2017 can be repeated again at the end of 2019.

Iykejunior

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:37:23 PM

The tweet says,

No head
No funding
No employee
No PR agency
No Social media
No advertisement
No board meetings

well you have a very good point , all other crypto assets with their teams and meetings and media hype still fail to do as well as bitcoins. Lowkey showing that the media and too many team members are not in any way a sign that a project will do well in this space
Iykejunior

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:39:28 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin succeeds not only because of its security, independence or transparency. It succeeds because bitcoin has no owner. Who knows who satoshi nakamoto is? Maybe he doesn't exist
If he does not exist how where people able to com up with his name? and if that name is really his, then he should have been discovered by now, but then it is still all a misery
Iykejunior

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:42:08 PM

There are so many alt coins that are far better than bitcoin in terms of technology, Concepts and Decentralization but nevertheless Bitcoin  remain the best because its the foundation, the pillar of all Blockchain Cryptocurrency . As you stated, It doesnt have employee, no advertisment , no CEO , alal these features makes it completely decentralized and free from human manipulation or control. Bitcoin will be successful, it has just started the success journey .
well said, I totally agree with your opinion,lets see exactly what the future holds for our favourite bitcoins. Holding alts has been weird of late btw
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1354

★ ChipMixer | Bitcoin mixing service ★

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:59:40 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin succeeds not only because of its security, independence or transparency. It succeeds because bitcoin has no owner. Who knows who satoshi nakamoto is? Maybe he doesn't exist
If he does not exist how where people able to com up with his name? and if that name is really his, then he should have been discovered by now, but then it is still all a misery

Satoshi Nakamoto was a person or a group of people, because the protocol could not write it self, it could also not post on this forum or interact with people online. Someone fired up the first node on a computer and they shared the Bitcoin White paper with other people to explain the concept.

The genius behind this makes me think that it might be a collaboration of several people and the fact that they covered most of the loopholes and exploits is proof of that.

The fact that they created this without No head, No funding, No employee, No PR agency, No Social media, No advertisement and No board meetings is simply astonishing!

slaman29

Activity: 952
Merit: 286

Roll with the best at BitDice

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 08:09:29 AM

The reason behind the success of bitcoin? The answer is the technology behind it: the BLOCKCHAIN.

Ever since the creation of bitcoin, the blockchain was developed in order to solve and eliminate the need for a third-party in handling our resources (i.e. banks, etc.). Another purpose that it covers stem from its very nature and convenience- cash and anonymity, which not every e-currency have. When people started to see the potential in bitcoin, its price skyrocketed the market and still continues to surprise almost everyone who has bitcoin stored in their respective wallets.

I just hope that people realize that bitcoin is more than its price. What is really valuable is the blockchain technology and its limitless potential in the future when applied to almost everything in relevance with transactions and data.

I partly agree but then, why is the exact same blockchain technology (or even more superior technology than Bitcoin if we're being honest) not working to give other altcoins the same success?

Blockchain isn't enough is the answer. Bitcoin also has a lot of other things. Hashpower securing the network. Loyal community of merchants and users. Volunteer nodes and developers who run it not for profit. All these!

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
Sebas.tian

Activity: 555
Merit: 102

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:13:03 PM

Bitcoin can be successful because whales support it. People with economic potential, dreams of changing the investment trend of the world. Those who have created Bitcoin's success can be known as heroes of Cryptocurrency.
I think the most important aspect of the success about Bitcoin is that of it decentralized process of existence among all other cryptocurrency. Its just a project with success and never attached anyone to the success, no controllers, no intimidation from owners, a technology that give freedom for all to be their own self bank and have full control over their wealth. Sometimes, Bitcoin wonder me about it success when I see other coins struggling with the regulations and government, like Libra coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.