Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is better than gold and USD?  (Read 1525 times)
Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 02:15:13 PM

I beg to differ from the believe that bitcoin is better than gold or fiat money in this case USD. The uncontrolled fluctuations in price of bitcoin makes it a risk for investors despite the huge opportunity to make quick return on investment. To me I will rather ride the hype of bitcoin and invest my profit in traditional assets like Gold.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:51:28 PM

Bitcoin might have a bigger price and you can profit from it but clearly, that does only a little advantage over the two. Bitcoin is still useless if you can't transact with it in real life without further restrictions from using it. USD can be used in most of the places like in money changers in any other country. Gold's value is also high and can be sold easily. But in bitcoin, in some countries, they restrict bitcoin and can make bitcoin useless.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:24:47 PM

I don`t think bitcoin is better than gold and USD. Bitcoin is still new and the mere fact that most of the world`s population don`t know yet bitcoin means it is not better. Bitcoin is not stable unlike the stability of gold and USD.
Emjohn.

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:50:27 PM

Bitcoin is better than gold and USD as of now. The good thing about bitcoin is that it is profitable due to its instability but risky unlike gold and usd that is quite stable, yet profitable.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:58:24 PM

~~ To me I will rather ride the hype of bitcoin and invest my profit in traditional assets like Gold.

With this, Bitcoin is more far better than gold and USD. Life is all about taking profits from your investment, and when that's not forthcoming then something must be wrong. Let us be sincere to our selves, when you trade Bitcoin you get rich, and better stick to Bitcoin than any other, just speaking from experience, nothing comparable to Bitcoin when it come to currency or coins.   

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4406

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:06:26 PM

gold sits on 2 markets. the commodity market (mined and sold for industry/product creation)
                                  the asset market(bought and sold for speculative prices for investment)

putting aside the commodity utility and concentrating just on the asset market. gold is similar to bitcoin.
both assets have an upfront cost for mining.
gold has excavators, sluice machines and diesel
bitcoin has asics and electric.

because it costs X amount to mine these assets give the assets a good underlying bottom value. where people refuse to sell below,
after all if it cost pennies to mine gold and nothing to mine bitcoin. those getting the mined assets would be happy to sell at any price and still profit. but would refuse to sell for less than the cost price of obtaining it.

USD is just paper and is dirt cheap to create a $100 bank note. and digital USD is just created from people signing credit/mortgage agreements. so USD has no real upfront creation cost. USD's value comes from laws such as minimum wage laws where in some US states a $10 bank note is worth 1 hours labour, but state to state this is variable as some states have $7.50 some have $15

this means from a point of view of basic value. USD is the worse store of value just looking at its creation/store.
golds store of value is the same as bitcoin. but has extra utility value(speculative) and worse tangeable value(heavy)
golds utility value(commodity) is higher as the whole world uses gold, whether it be gold tooth fillings, circuits jewellery, pretty sure everyone has something in their house that contains gold
the USD utility value comes second as hundreds of millions of americans use it daily(not as great as say china's billion users)
then comes bitcoins utilily value which is only a few million users

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bekkioPEK

Activity: 356
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:23:10 PM

i don't know, gold e USD keep the value over time (slight fluctuations) I do not consider them an investment. Gold is an excellent refuge asset. Bitcoin is an investment with very high volatility, at the same time if one believes in the blockchain and in the decentralization, BTC is at the same time a asset of refuge and investment

spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:26:24 PM

There are differences and there are some same characteristics of all of these in the above. USD, gold and bitcoin are all assets. It could be added to your assets and liabilities. The differences are, gold is not that volatile when it comes to price.  Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are pretty much volatile. I can say that bitcoin is better than gold in terms of investment and bitcoin is not better than USD in terms of assets speaking.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:37:33 PM

I also don't think about such statements, even though btc, gold, and usd are different things and cannot be equated. They have their own functionalities and are very different, even though BTC and gold are still based on USD but that does not mean USD is better and although more expensive than USD does not mean the best BTC then even though gold is rarer than BTC and USD doesn't mean the best. All three have different values and in different fields, so we must understand that.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:44:22 PM

even though BTC and gold are still based on USD but that does not mean USD is better and although more expensive than USD does not mean the best BTC then even though gold is rarer than BTC and USD
It is valued against fiat but not tied to any currency.   If you equal the total amount of gold against the total bitcoin supply it is as rare

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
sunilnagaraja1996

Activity: 233
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:05:17 PM

Gold and USD is better than to Bitcoin because now Bitcoin is not that much of value but gold and USD value is day by day increasing so I think gold and USD is more profitable
Raja das

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:04:11 PM

I think bitcoin is not better than Gold and USD. Because
USD means United States Doller, The US Doller is the currency of the United States, it is the reserve currency in the world.
Gold would be second in this list and Bitcoin would be a third.
when it comes to investment plans, Gold would be the best option because of its longevity.
 As a speculative investment, Bitcoin would be better compared to gold and the USD.
Iceblast

Activity: 783
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 06:12:35 PM

in terms of profit income I see if bitcoin is better than gold and USD but for security and stability gold and usd are better because bitcoin has large fluctuations and is very easy to experience increases or decreases. so it all returned to each owner

BL46K 7193R (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:41:08 PM

GOLD
- Have value and will always have
- Can be used to make jewelries, etc.
- Price more likely stable
- May used as a mode of payment
- Limited supply but still can't predict how many golds left

USD
- Worlds most recognized currency
- Can be used as a payment
- Can create more and more paper money
- Can be considered as a stable money

Bitcoin
- Online money
- Limited resources
- Anonymous transaction
- Volatile price

As you can see they have their own uses, advantages and disadvantages. They have their own uses as well and their own values, there's no need to compare them all.

Yes, it is absolutely right to not compare any of them. You've been able to catch my points. I wanted to say that Bitcoin, Gold, and USD are three different things used in different fields and their users are different and different in many areas. These three valuable resources are useful to us in different areas, so in my opinion, it is better not to compare them.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:54:19 PM

My point is that Bitcoin is the crypto currency, on the other hand, gold is one of the natural resources and USD is the real currency. So how is Bitcoin compared with gold or USD and is called Bitcoin gold and better than USD? Where Bitcoin Gold and USD are used in various different things and in different fields. Give your opinion.

aren't they all used as money? so maybe the comparison is warranted.

gold is the most recognized of all commodity monies. in fact, USD and other fiat currencies used to be backed by gold and silver. now they are just free floating currencies but they are still used as money just the same.

bitcoin's properties make it an ideal form of money---predictable and fully transparent supply, finality of payments---assuming it works as intended.

diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:00:20 PM

Level 10 dead question in this forum I believe. How times and how many threads we saw people are comparing bitcoin with gold and better than gold.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21107.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5548.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=11766.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39924.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34320.0

Now yours, really tired of seeing thread comparing bitcoin with gold and relevant replies. You guys may dig and read if you have more interest on it. That is avoid some spam replies.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 447

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:36:29 PM

All three are very valuable and profitable, but gold and USD bitcoins have different movements and ways.
Bitcoin can move or rise at very high prices quickly and more profitably, and gold and USD have stable price values but not like bitcoin.
but all will end in the form of money in the currency of each country to be able to use any transaction without restrictions.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:24:49 PM

It is not about how better Bitcoin is comparing it to either USD or Gold. In my personal opinion, Bitcoin is just a digital version of money thus any kind of money used by people in this world. I see no differences in Bitcoin and physical fiat. Bitcoin is just an alternative representation of money which provide a more convenient form which gives any one the freedom to make transactions at any part of the world without difficulties.   
Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:33:11 PM

we only compare values.  I always say that gold is the best and not BTC.  fiat will be destroyed in the near future and BTC will disappear after the internet is gone.  so gold will last to the end.  gold not only has a nominal value but also has intrinsic value.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:55:22 AM

others got turned off by bitcoin's volatility but it's actually the greatest thing about it..that's what making people money and of course also losing money.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: