Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMD] New AMD RX Graphics Cards of 2019 - RX 5700 / XT, RX 600  (Read 23268 times)
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 12:10:26 PM

After the start of sales of new products from AMD - Radeon RX5700XT, the first information on the capabilities of these cards in mining cryptocurrency began to come. And this is not what many counted on, because All current versions of miners either do not work with this card or give a very low hashrate. At the moment, we managed to launch testing of the Radeon RX5700XT on the miner Phoenix 4.2 and Lolminer 0.8.3 and the test results were much worse than one would expect from video cards of this level. Most miners are primarily interested in the performance of Ethereum's cryptocurrency mining cards on the Ethash algorithm, where AMD cards have traditionally always had a significant advantage from competing Nvidia solutions, so we’ll give the test results for this mining algorithm first.

The Radeon RX5700XT hashrate based on the Ethash (Ethereum) algorithm:
Phoenix 4.2c - 4 -4.5 MH / s

The result of 4 MH / s per second can be called frankly weak, since significantly weaker RX570 / 580 video cards use 29-33MH / s for this algorithm

For other Equihash, Cuckatoo algorithms, the situation is the same.

The Radeon RX5700XT hashrate on the Eguihash 192.7 (ZERO) algorithm:
Lollipops 0.8.3 - 0.67H / s

Hashreyt Radeon RX5700XT on the Eguihash 144,5 Zhash (BitcoinGold) algorithm:
Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,2H/s

Hashreyte Radeon RX5700XT on the algorithm Cuckatoo31 GRIN31 (GRIN):
Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,1H/s

It is the new RDNA architecture that should be blamed for this failure. All current miners for AMD video cards are optimized for the previous GCN architecture, and to fully unlock the potential of the new generation of AMD video cards in mining, you will have to be patient until the first miners with optimization for Navi video cards with RDNA architecture appear.

That's a complete cut and paste, and tells us nothing new. I see Claymore has a card and is testing it, which is excellent news. Fingers crossed we get RDNA mining figures soon...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 01:32:17 PM

After the start of sales of new products from AMD - Radeon RX5700XT, the first information on the capabilities of these cards in mining cryptocurrency began to come. And this is not what many counted on, because All current versions of miners either do not work with this card or give a very low hashrate. At the moment, we managed to launch testing of the Radeon RX5700XT on the miner Phoenix 4.2 and Lolminer 0.8.3 and the test results were much worse than one would expect from video cards of this level. Most miners are primarily interested in the performance of Ethereum's cryptocurrency mining cards on the Ethash algorithm, where AMD cards have traditionally always had a significant advantage from competing Nvidia solutions, so we’ll give the test results for this mining algorithm first.

The result of 4 MH / s per second can be called frankly weak, since significantly weaker RX570 / 580 video cards use 29-33MH / s for this algorithm

Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,2H/s

Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,1H/s

It is the new RDNA architecture that should be blamed for this failure. All current miners for AMD video cards are optimized for the previous GCN architecture, and to fully unlock the potential of the new generation of AMD video cards in mining, you will have to be patient until the first miners with optimization for Navi video cards with RDNA architecture appear.

That's a complete cut and paste, and tells us nothing new. I see Claymore has a card and is testing it, which is excellent news. Fingers crossed we get RDNA mining figures soon...

I say that it is pretty much guaranteed, knowning claymore's reputation

What I fear is that we small miners will get a cut version and large mining farms a much more efficient one.

When others start to build code for RDNA then competition will force everyone to provide good performance to the public too.
alumar

Activity: 208
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 02:51:00 PM

Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,2H/s

Lolminer 0.8.3 - 0,1H/s

The miners you have listed leverage a generic CL Kernel, that is the only reason they run at all. There are no released kernels atm for the new architecture. Once those are released you will see better results. The change in the way AMD handles compute on this card should be interesting. Excited to see post Kernel releases

Carter - Host of BitsBeTrippin
Original Cryptomining Channel on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/bitsbetrippin
Branko

Activity: 2436
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 05:48:24 PM

Don't forget, these are PCI-E 4.0 cards, thats twice as fast loading DAG into card memory

(need X570 chipset and Ryzen 3xxx processor, though)
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 12:02:37 AM

What about big navi coming out later. Will it be twice as powerfull as the 5700 XT?
DDesignE

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:16:18 AM

Hi guys,

well, i'm also waiting for a miner...

meanwhile, I have a Brute Force software, that uses both Memory and Core intensively, and just for you to have an idea of the XR5700XT performance relative to other cards:

- RX470 - 35.5 to 41.6 MKeys/s
- GTX1050ti - ~27 MKeys/s
- GTX1060 - ~48 MKeys/s
- GTX1070ti - ~78 MKeys/s

- RX5700XT - 158 to 161 MKeys/s (YES, THAT'S A LOT for a 400$ Card!)

I Don't know if it's the new Architecture, but i was SHOCKED when I compiled the code and got it Runnig...

so, and i know this things are not linear, we have a factor of x3.87 compared to the RX470...

extrapolating to ETH:

RX470 - 30 to 32MH/s (mine does 33.2 MH/s Tongue)
RX5700XT - 116.1 to 123.84 MH/s

take this calculations with 'a full gram' of salt!
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:49:25 AM

Don't forget, these are PCI-E 4.0 cards, thats twice as fast loading DAG into card memory

dag is not loading to the gpu memory. It is calculated by gpu in it originally
Branko

Activity: 2436
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:08:04 AM

dag is not loading to the gpu memory. It is calculated by gpu in it originally

Well, who knows, I usually see info like this:

https://2miners.com/blog/ethereum-mining-with-gtx-1060-3gb-cards-stopped-mining-eth-etc/

"GTX 1060 3GB stopped mining ETC because of the DAG file. This file is a data block of considerable size that is loaded into the GPU memory during miner launch.
Without DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph), miners can’t search for block solutions in Ethash-based cryptocurrency networks. "

I admit I didn't research how exactly algo works, so maybe I'm relaying wrong info  Grin

Dowper_

Activity: 221
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 08:59:22 AM

Hi guys,

well, i'm also waiting for a miner...

meanwhile, I have a Brute Force software, that uses both Memory and Core intensively, and just for you to have an idea of the XR5700XT performance relative to other cards:

- RX470 - 35.5 to 41.6 MKeys/s
- GTX1050ti - ~27 MKeys/s
- GTX1060 - ~48 MKeys/s
- GTX1070ti - ~78 MKeys/s

- RX5700XT - 158 to 161 MKeys/s (YES, THAT'S A LOT for a 400$ Card!)

I Don't know if it's the new Architecture, but i was SHOCKED when I compiled the code and got it Runnig...

so, and i know this things are not linear, we have a factor of x3.87 compared to the RX470...

extrapolating to ETH:

RX470 - 30 to 32MH/s (mine does 33.2 MH/s Tongue)
RX5700XT - 116.1 to 123.84 MH/s

take this calculations with 'a full gram' of salt!

1070Ti makes ~35MH/s, so 5700XT is making x2 - ~70MH/s, in reality maybe not more than 50MH/s.

My crypto mining channel - Aleks Mining
xMindx163

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 11:44:58 AM

Talked to the developer of the miner Wild Rig. He says that AMD does not provide tools for completely new videocaeds and even under RVII there are no normal tools for writing miners. That's sad. Apparently, we will not mine on 5700/5700XT soon.
Peбятки... вce плoxo. Mнoгиe нe знaют, нo пиcaть мaйнepы пoд AMД cлoжнee, чeм пoд Hвидия. T.к. AMД пpocтo нe дaeт нopмaльныx инcтpyмeнтoв. Инcтpyмeнтoвв нeт дaжe нa RVII. He тo чтo для 5700/5700XT. Bидимo, пoмaйним мы нa этиx кapтax нe cкopo.
andrucrypt

Activity: 719
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 12:02:45 PM

Talked to the developer of the miner Wild Rig. He says that AMD does not provide tools for completely new videocaeds and even under RVII there are no normal tools for writing miners. That's sad. Apparently, we will not mine on 5700/5700XT soon.
Peбятки... вce плoxo. Mнoгиe нe знaют, нo пиcaть мaйнepы пoд AMД cлoжнee, чeм пoд Hвидия. T.к. AMД пpocтo нe дaeт нopмaльныx инcтpyмeнтoв. Инcтpyмeнтoвв нeт дaжe нa RVII. He тo чтo для 5700/5700XT. Bидимo, пoмaйним мы нa этиx кapтax нe cкopo.
Well, e.g. sgminer will work, xmrig and xmr-stak should too ) Any miner that uses kernels written with pure OpenCL and not compiling them into binaries, will work fine
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 01:00:27 PM

Well, e.g. sgminer will work, xmrig and xmr-stak should too ) Any miner that uses kernels written with pure OpenCL and not compiling them into binaries, will work fine

Supports Navi in latest version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167363.msg51785677#new

Anyone can post results?

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 02:16:45 PM

Supports Navi in latest version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167363.msg51785677#new

Anyone can post results?

tested on 5700xt
Algo: normalv4
1 min avg: 231 H/s
5 min avg: 206 H/s
Max Speed: 866 H/s

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Kalibanos

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:38:31 AM

German tom's hardware guide just got the 5700 xt within an inch of 2080 performance by boosting it to 2.276 GHz @1.25V with an EK waterblock.
Using 250 watts.

Google translated article:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tomshw.de%2F2019%2F07%2F11%2Fungefesselt-radeon-rx-5700-xt-auf-ueber-22-ghz-uebertaktet-break-the-limits-mit-den-neuen-softpowerplaytables-fuer-die-rx-5700-und-rx-5700-xt%2F

igor'sLAB

Unrestrained: Radeon RX 5700 XT overclocked to over 2.2GHz. Break the limits with the new SoftPowerPlayTables for the RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT

By: Igor Wallossek on 07/11/2019 at 9:41 am posted in graphics cards

In contrast to Nvidia's restrictions, you can virtually override and change the default settings of the Radeon cards - be it clock caps, power limit or even the voltage. Always provided you have the right profile at hand. The whole thing is called SoftPowerPlayTable and, for the end user quite simple, can also be quickly implemented in the registry. As with the Radeon VII and earlier at Vega, our forum user hellm has once again done a great job here and left me the new tables to experiment. Yes, the RTG (Radeon Tweaker Group) is alive!

Important preliminary remark

But I have to preface this with an important preliminary remark. The here linked in the article SoftPowerPlayTables (short SPPT) are an experimental intervention in the system and certainly not suitable for 24/7 use in production systems! Especially the now possible, higher voltages are a big unknown in the usual overclocker-Milchmädchen bill. Because if you overdo it, you might save the money for the next faster card at the moment, but you risk losing your hardware and thus the entire investment for a long time. The article should show what we could do with it and where there are possible limits is nothing more than a short description of what we have done. No liability is assumed for your hardware and the consequences, because you are completely responsible for that!

Test the limits!

It was a tedious approach, because there was no experience. By the way, you do not have to use a chiller to get similar values, simple water cooling is fine if you do not overdo it, so you do not even have to use a chiller. The delta between the water temperature and the GPU diode was in extreme cases about 35 degrees, with only medium overclocking then much lower. As long as you remain significantly below 50 ° C GPU temperature, even with the maximum clock actually no major hurdles. Below about 45 ° C is ideal, but requires a water temperature of 30 ° C maximum. You can do it that way, but not with air coolers.

AMD's Power Tune on the Navi cards is a pretty interesting thing, because the clock control is usually something of Chill, the power-saving feature of the AMD driver. The maximum clock (including voltage) is therefore not always on, but only if the graphics load requires it. This style of play is quite smart, of course leaves no constant tact to specify, but a good timing, which adjusts the game load dynamically. If you like it consistently, Witcher 3 invites you to stop. Then the stove beats as if Hansel and Gretel had to burn 100 witches at once.

In the WattMan you can, depending on the implemented SPPT, adjust the settings of the card (chip quality) and cooling:

For my test with the 2.2 GHz + peak clock I have chosen a setting with 2276 MHz for the clock and the full 1.25 Volt. The curve can be left as it is and later flattened if necessary. For the power consumption that plays almost no role. The setting for the power I have set to 95%. we'll see on the next page that this does not end in extravagant stream orgies, but it may be important for a smoother frametimes.

That's exactly what I noticed when I logged the frequencies. In the maximum profile, we see a slightly softer course with fewer drops in fluctuating loads. I have again tested Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Full HD, but all settings on Ultra. And no, it does NOT limit the CPU, as many suspect, because even an RTX 2080 Ti OC scales well with shaders and clock, which I've tried in a plausibility test, of course, before times. Only the GPU is limited here.

These high peak clock rates are quite remarkable for this card because whenever they occur, the graphics load is especially high.

I'll show you on the next page, that the performance has risen again neatly and the power consumption is NOT extremely exploded. The increase in tension at this point had no dramatic consequences. But, I must emphasize once again, the high voltages cause even with perfect cooling in the long run a creeping death. And that's why it's not for everyday use. You have to pay attention!

Test system and measurement methods

I have already described the new test system and the methodology in the basic article " How we test graphics cards , as of February 2017 " (English: " How We Test Graphics Cards ") in great detail and therefore reference only this detailed description for the sake of simplicity , So if you want to read everything exactly again, is invited to do so.

Those who are interested in the summary in tabular form will quickly get a quick overview:
Test systems and measuring rooms
Hardware:
   Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
16GB KFA2 DDR4 4000 Hall Of Fame
1x 1 TB Toshiba OCZ RD400 (M.2, System SSD)
2x 960 GB Toshiba OCZ TR150 (Storage, Images)
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11, 850-watt power supply
Cooling:
   Alphacool Ice Block XPX + EKWB Vector Radeon RX 5700
8x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM, 2x 480mm Alphacool Nexxos UT60 480mm
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (for radiator change)
Casing:
   Lian Li PC-T70 with expansion kit and modifications
Modes: Open Benchtable, Closed Case
Monitor:    Eizo EV3237-BK
power consumption:
   Non-contact DC measurement on the PCIe slot (riser card)
Non-contact DC measurement on the external PCIe power supply
Direct voltage measurement on the respective feeders and on the power supply
2x Rohde & Schwarz HMO 3054, 500 MHz multichannel oscilloscope with memory function
4x Rohde & Schwarz HZO50, current clamp adapter (1 mA to 30 A, 100 KHz, DC)
4x Rohde & Schwarz HZ355, probe divider (10: 1, 500 MHz)
1x Rohde & Schwarz HMC 8012, digital multimeter with memory function
thermography:
   Optris PI640, infrared camera
PI Connect evaluation software with profiles
acoustics:
   NTI Audio M2211 (with calibration file)
Steinberg UR12 (with phantom power for the microphones)
Creative X7, Smaart v.7
own anechoic measuring room, 3.5 x 1.8 x 2.2 m (LxTxH)
Axial measurements, perpendicular to the center of the sound source (s), measuring distance 50 cm
Noise development in dBA (slow) as RTA measurement
Frequency spectrum as graphic
operating system    Windows 10 Pro (1903, all updates)

contents

Introduction and Settings
    Gaming performance and power consumption
    SoftPowerPlayTables - Application and Download

f
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:08:06 PM

<@1.25V>
God damn.  Well its going to be a lot of fun.  Like vega right after release
Kalibanos

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:29:28 PM

Water Blocks are already available to preorder!
https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-vector-blocks-engineered-for-amd-navi-gpus/
WhackOBill

Activity: 73
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:58:02 PM

I'm going to go with not more than about 56MH/s ... based on memory bandwidth given the algorithm is memory bound.
xMindx163

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 11:14:26 AM

nanominer v1.5.1
@Grumpy-Dwarf Grumpy-Dwarf released this 18 hours ago

Added Ethash binaries for AMD Radeon RX 5700 and AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT cards. Performance is awful but maybe it will boost with next driver update.

https://github.com/nanopool/nanominer/releases

tests?
karim_hassan777

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 12:06:15 PM

what is the performance with this new miner nanominer v1.5.1
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 09:53:37 PM

PCI-E 4 isn't compatible with current GPU risers.  Some people have been able to mess with BIOS and get them working by changing them to pcie 3.0 speeds, but not all mobos work like this.  So plug the GPUs directly into the mobo 16x Slot to utilize it and even then you wont see any mining improvements.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: