Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best alternative to Tether?  (Read 845 times)
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:11:01 PM

I think usdc will be the clear best choice very soon. It is supported by Circle and that is why it is so strong. Circle has investments from Goldman Sachs and that firm is not one that will lose money in any way or sense because they have politicians in their pockets and keep bribing them meaning if there is any hit on the stable coin world because of a SEC rule or something then USDC will not be affected by it.

So, the supporters are Poloniex which is owned by Circle which is owned by Goldman Sachs, what type of power could you ever ask from a coin above this one? Maybe Winklevoss twins GUSD will be fine but for me USDC will be the new norm when this USDT thing blows over. Even binance has USDC now and that is saying much more about USDC than USDT while they are competing.
Your information is really rewarding because I'm also very interested in keeping USDC because the speed of transactions and cheap costs are the main reason I chose this stablecoin. In fact, USDC has a very strong management of many great exchanges and even many countries are considering using this stablecoin for many different purposes. I believe that USDC will one day beat USDT and become the leading stablecoin in this market
  What I read according to a recent survey is that the best stable coins in the crypto space right now is the true USD and since I have not invested in stable coins yes, I am looking forward to know more about it as well. There are news about the stable coins of Binance as well. USDC also looks to be the best coins so far. But I do not see USDC beating TUSD anytime soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:09:14 AM

[....] But I do not see USDC beating TUSD anytime soon.

It is already beating it by:
            Market Cap        and   Circulating Supply
TUSD: $245,554,095 USD     245,195,643 TUSD
USDC: $343,456,824 USD     343,418,236 USDC

Volume (24h) however is a different story:
TUSD: $230,429,424 USD
USDC: $105,397,940 USD 

We'll see...  Cool

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Pipdips

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:50:48 PM

Best alternative to Tether?

USDC.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:33:04 PM

Market Cap        and   Circulating Supply
TUSD: $245,554,095 USD     245,195,643 TUSD
USDC: $343,456,824 USD     343,418,236 USDC

Volume (24h) however is a different story:
USDC: $105,397,940 USD 

We'll see...  Cool

Most of that TUSD volume is coming from BitForex, Bit-Z, and Bitinka. They are massively faking volume.

Compare the size of Binance's TUSD markets to Binance's USDC markets. That will give a more realistic idea of daily volume. It looks like TUSD has ~70% of USDC's volume, if that.

rez303

Activity: 338
Merit: 10

StartFi

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:43:29 PM

The coming will be a disaster for USDT if they continue to develop this way. Globlacoin is certainly more prestigious and the transaction fees are much cheaper. In the near future they will have to compete with a very big competitor and I think this will really cause big losses for USDT. Market share will be stolen by Globalcoin.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:43:12 PM

[...]Volume (24h) however is a different story:
USDC: $105,397,940 USD  [...]
Most of that TUSD volume is coming from BitForex, Bit-Z, and Bitinka. They are massively faking volume.

Compare the size of Binance's TUSD markets to Binance's USDC markets. That will give a more realistic idea of daily volume. It looks like TUSD has ~70% of USDC's volume, if that.

I'm with you on this one; I use Binance too, and I use USDC for a stablecoin on it...  Lips sealed

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:41:47 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2019, 08:07:52 PM by gentlemand

The coming will be a disaster for USDT if they continue to develop this way. Globlacoin is certainly more prestigious and the transaction fees are much cheaper. In the near future they will have to compete with a very big competitor and I think this will really cause big losses for USDT. Market share will be stolen by Globalcoin.

USDT only exists within the confines of crypto exchanges. It doesn't have any use or purpose outside that. USDT's main appeal is their indifference to compliance as long as you stay within it. Facebookcoin will be a very different beast and we don't know whether they'll allow it to touch any exchanges beyond their approved ones, and even the approved ones may only allow exchanging to proper fiat currencies.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:02:40 PM

~snip~
Your information is really rewarding because I'm also very interested in keeping USDC because the speed of transactions and cheap costs are the main reason I chose this stablecoin. In fact, USDC has a very strong management of many great exchanges and even many countries are considering using this stablecoin for many different purposes. I believe that USDC will one day beat USDT and become the leading stablecoin in this market
Let see how it looks like when the market finally is in the bull run. It is quite some times that USDT never has good liquidity results depending on what exchanges we used. Everything will be possible as the market keeps on moving and also Tether will be no longer as its potentiality soon.
But as OP stated, he might wrong and really not a good idea of investing in Tether alone cause we know the risk, it is better to spread it in other coins to make it safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pipdips

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 02:50:17 PM

After I switched from USDT over to USDC things are much slower. The volume of USDC pairs is very low in comparison. For the most part, now I only trade with BTC/USDC. When I traded with USDT, I had dozens of higher volume pairs to choose from...

C'est la vie!
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:31:27 PM

The alternative to tether from my view is USDC. If we are talking about stacking stable coins tether is the best stable coin for me. But hey, don't stack all of your money to tether. It will not grow. Remember the word STABLE. It means it will stay the same. Bitfinex is a good exchange but putting your assets on an exchange, it shouldn't be that way. Try exchanging those tether now to btc and download electrum in which you own the private key. Put all your btc to electrum.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 09:27:58 PM

After I switched from USDT over to USDC things are much slower. The volume of USDC pairs is very low in comparison. For the most part, now I only trade with BTC/USDC. When I traded with USDT, I had dozens of higher volume pairs to choose from...

C'est la vie!
This is the reason I have always preferred USDT and not USDC due to factors like the low pair volume and the slow adoption rate and growth prospects. And you as you said, USDT offers you a huge option of pairs to choose form and you can choose the pair keeping in mind the price moment of the pair. In case of USDC, it keeps you limited to limited options.
Rajbir1994

Activity: 246

For success work hard!

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 10:56:26 AM

What do you think? This is high time to leave Tether and drive into another crypto? I am a little bit confused while reading about Tether fraud from online https://all-stocks.net/featured-the-full-story-of-bitfinex-tether/ Waiting for your reply what to do next. Thank you!
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 11:10:47 AM

I'm quite worried that Tether will just collapse and all my trading capital will simply vanish.
Is that a valid concern? And do we have a time-frame for when things will be concluded with the latest tether fiasco.?

Would very much appreciate some insight on this.
Thanks.
TG
If you are too worried about your transactions and assets being disrupted, you should also use a few other stablecoins. In the crypto market, there are many types of stablecoins, such as PAX, USDC, TUSD, ...
You don't need to use USDT and become too nervous. We have many options bro, relax.

Rajbir1994

Activity: 246

For success work hard!

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 11:21:12 AM

I'm quite worried that Tether will just collapse and all my trading capital will simply vanish.
Is that a valid concern? And do we have a time-frame for when things will be concluded with the latest tether fiasco.?

Would very much appreciate some insight on this.
Thanks.
TG
If you are too worried about your transactions and assets being disrupted, you should also use a few other stablecoins. In the crypto market, there are many types of stablecoins, such as PAX, USDC, TUSD, ...
You don't need to use USDT and become too nervous. We have many options bro, relax.

That's a very good idea you discovered. In this way, the OP allaeast will get some relaxed.
its-a-me-mario

Activity: 88
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 07:59:35 PM

I'm a huge fan of DAI because it's a stablecoin that is decentralized and not backed by USD deposits.

If you want a centralized option backed by USD, USDC is the best option IMO.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 08:57:02 PM

What do you think? This is high time to leave Tether and drive into another crypto? I am a little bit confused while reading about Tether fraud from online https://all-stocks.net/featured-the-full-story-of-bitfinex-tether/ Waiting for your reply what to do next. Thank you!

The market disagrees. Tether's market cap has plateaued above $4 billion and shows no signs of dropping: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/

The liquidity is lacking on all non-USDT stablecoins though. USDC is okay on Binance, but even as a smaller trader I've struggled at times to get in/out of positions quickly. It's even worse everywhere else.

I'm a huge fan of DAI because it's a stablecoin that is decentralized and not backed by USD deposits.

DAI is super cool. I love the idea of hedging USD value with a decentralized token. I just wish the markets were bigger. Coinbase and Kraken launched markets but they are very disappointing.

tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 07:06:37 PM

I was about to mention the TrueUSD but you already said you don't like it and you also not interested in USDCoin. Okay, what about PAXOS STANDARD (PAX)? Their token is regulated and it's approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services. You should check it out and read more about them. Their already wallets that are offering them. If you have Blockchain wallet you will see the coin in your wallet and you can exchange to it. Their own exchange is itbit.com and it's also listed on other exchanges.

Apart from PAX there is also Gemini Dollar (GUSD) offered by Gemini exchange. I discovered this coin around the time PAX was launched so I think they came out the same time. And based on the information I have on them, they are really good.
its-a-me-mario

Activity: 88
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 08:03:44 PM

The market disagrees. Tether's market cap has plateaued above $4 billion and shows no signs of dropping: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/

The liquidity is lacking on all non-USDT stablecoins though. USDC is okay on Binance, but even as a smaller trader I've struggled at times to get in/out of positions quickly. It's even worse everywhere else.

DAI is super cool. I love the idea of hedging USD value with a decentralized token. I just wish the markets were bigger. Coinbase and Kraken launched markets but they are very disappointing.

Yeah one of the biggest issues w/all the different options for stablecoins is that its just spreading liquidity thin across a bunch of base pairs. When it was just USDT that was great since it had lots of volume. Unless exchanges decide to really care that DAI is the most ideal approach to a stablecoin, I don't think it will be a viable trading pair until the overall market has a LOT more liquidity and volume.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 01:59:10 AM

I was about to mention the TrueUSD but you already said you don't like it and you also not interested in USDCoin. Okay, what about PAXOS STANDARD (PAX)? Their token is regulated and it's approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services. You should check it out and read more about them. Their already wallets that are offering them. If you have Blockchain wallet you will see the coin in your wallet and you can exchange to it. Their own exchange is itbit.com and it's also listed on other exchanges.

Apart from PAX there is also Gemini Dollar (GUSD) offered by Gemini exchange. I discovered this coin around the time PAX was launched so I think they came out the same time. And based on the information I have on them, they are really good.
Currently, USDT is still the first choice of many investors because this stable coin always has a high volume of transactions and is easy liquidatity than other stable coins. Maybe the options you listed are quite good, but USDT always has trading pairs with all altcoins in this market. Currently, I only see USDCoin has the most potential in the near future because this coin is starting to become more popular.

In my opinion, holding many stable coins does not bring much profit and should only choose 1 or 2 to ensure you the absolute safety when participating in this market.
Shasha80

Activity: 1876
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 04:12:26 AM

If you are worried about saving money in USDT, because of the bad news that is developing about USDT. There really is an alternative
to stable coins, I would recommend Dai coin and USDC. Both of them in my opinion are the best alternative to tether (USDT), especially
DAI coins very recommend. Besides its price which is stable, but DAI is not centralized. DAI is decentralization built on ethereum blockchain.
So in my opinion there is no doubt the potential of the DAI coin. Or if you are still in doubt about the DAI coin, you can choose USDC as an
alternative to tether.

BIGGEST AND MOST
TRUSTED FULLY LICENSED
CRYPTO CASINO
▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄
▄█████████████▄
███▀▀███████▀▀███
█▀      ▀█▀      ▀█
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████