Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the following extremes do you like best?
9 decimals and a coin worth $0.01 USD during ICO
6 decimals and a coin worth $0.00001 USD (0.001 ct) during ICO
3 decimals and a coin worth $0.00000001 USD (0.000001 ct) during ICO
No decimals and billions of coins being sold in a bunch at ICO, emulating 9 decimals w/o enforcing them

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] APTUM - EVERYBODY’S CRYPTO | White Paper released  (Read 2026 times)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 01:50:41 AM

I voted. But whatever majority vote for, is a good indication what people want.

Could you explain a little bit more what these mean? Or be specific as to what the large, medium, and small mean in terms of actual numbers and digits. Like, is it 1B, 1M, and 10M or 100M ...

Currently the base reward per block is being debated. It may be 1'000'000 coins (large), 1'000 coins (medium) or 1 coin (small) as a block reward.
With a target for the block time of about 15 seconds, we will have the following three emissions as possibilities:
When using the large supply, 2.19 trillion coins would be emitted every year.
When using the medium supply, 2.19 billion coins would be emitted every year.
When using the small supply, 2.19 million coins would be emitted every year.
Since the number of atomic units will stay the same, the question only is how many decimals to use. None for a large supply, 3 for a medium supply and 6 for a low supply.

Who needs emission anyway, am I rite?

Are there any thoughts in here on having no emission of new coins but still have a transaction fee? This way you cant say that new coins are created unfairly and that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.
With 1000 DPoS nodes, a 2ct transaction fee and a maximum utilization of the resources the network has, a node would still make 76M USD/Year.

Interesting.

Although I do think a small amount of growth is needed to account for lost/forgotten and misspent coins.
Without the creation of new coins Aptum would be deflationary.

People tend to hold on to things that become scarce over time.

The numbers that we are dealing with, in regard to the total supply of Aptum, may not make much difference within the distant future. However I think there needs to be a balance to ensure the active supply remains somewhat constant.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClashProject

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 01:43:03 PM

I voted. But whatever majority vote for, is a good indication what people want.

Could you explain a little bit more what these mean? Or be specific as to what the large, medium, and small mean in terms of actual numbers and digits. Like, is it 1B, 1M, and 10M or 100M ...

Currently the base reward per block is being debated. It may be 1'000'000 coins (large), 1'000 coins (medium) or 1 coin (small) as a block reward.
With a target for the block time of about 15 seconds, we will have the following three emissions as possibilities:
When using the large supply, 2.19 trillion coins would be emitted every year.
When using the medium supply, 2.19 billion coins would be emitted every year.
When using the small supply, 2.19 million coins would be emitted every year.
Since the number of atomic units will stay the same, the question only is how many decimals to use. None for a large supply, 3 for a medium supply and 6 for a low supply.

Who needs emission anyway, am I rite?

Are there any thoughts in here on having no emission of new coins but still have a transaction fee? This way you cant say that new coins are created unfairly and that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.
With 1000 DPoS nodes, a 2ct transaction fee and a maximum utilization of the resources the network has, a node would still make 76M USD/Year.

Interesting.

Although I do think a small amount of growth is needed to account for lost/forgotten and misspent coins.
Without the creation of new coins Aptum would be deflationary.

People tend to hold on to things that become scarce over time.

The numbers that we are dealing with, in regard to the total supply of Aptum, may not make much difference within the distant future. However I think there needs to be a balance to ensure the active supply remains somewhat constant.

The best way I would know to implement such a system without generating new coins would be to take from everyone and give to the active.
The issue with that is, you'll lose coins over time if you are not active or do not hold enough coins to be a validator node. If you simply vote for a delegate you are still counted as an inactive node, since you provide no service to the network.

Difficult situation, I agree. Care to discuss it?

I am currently looking into different versions how to implement the P2P protocol as well as the DPoS protocol. Feeless currencies and their incentive for you to include transactions and propagate the network are also being researched right now.
If you've got any resources about these or any more thoughts on the discussion above, please share them with me.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:16:51 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:06:58 PM by mprep

Twitter account created, please follow us!

Social:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aptumproject
Discord: https://discord.gg/DEYNzDA
Telegram: https://t.me/aptumproject

New poll added, please vote!
QoaHGX

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:03:43 PM

The Aptum Token [APT] has been launched on the ethereum mainnet and can be found in here
https://etherscan.io/token/0x83f77849243678979b52c85e25b939588b256f77

ICO price and faucet rewards are TBD, we expect them to launch next month.

it is a good job. the team operates promptly. it looks promising. I will keep track of this coin.

Agreed, great crypto! Keeping an eye on it!
ClashProject

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2019, 12:21:25 AM by ClashProject

After five days, the results of the vote are in.
After summing up the votes of the telegram channel and bitcointalk, we have eleven votes for nine decimals, two votes for 6 decimals and one vote for no decimals.

That's 78.5% for nine decimals, which means that this option won the poll with a strong lead.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 01:40:23 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:07:15 PM by mprep

After five days, the results of the vote are in.
After summing up the votes of the telegram channel and bitcointalk, we have eleven votes for nine decimals, two votes for 6 decimals and one vote for no decimals.

That's 78.5% for nine decimals, which means that this option won the poll with a strong lead.

I like this outcome, 1 cent per coin at ICO was my vote as well

Follow Aptum development and improvement proposals here:

https://github.com/aptumproject/papers/tree/AIPs

State of Aptum Update: August 20th, 2019

Hello to the Aptum community! We have been working diligently behind the scenes preparing and putting pieces into place for our official launch and ICO. We are now at a point where things are coming together, and we have news to share on a consistent and tangible basis. This is the first of our official monthly updates (look for them mid-month) that will be presented to include a summary of the happenings occurring.

1.   Aptum.io website has been launched! This iteration is a work in progress and presently is desktop only. Primary objective now is getting the Aptum Token (APT) faucet up and running – anticipating August 30th release. Once this is done, additional evolution of the website will continue to include mobile compatibility. Obsiter is responsible for this portion of the project.

2.   We are now moving to C#, since Microsoft has implemented .NET Core which allows the execution of .NET Code (C#) on any operating system and architecture. This includes ARM-based devices, such as IoT devices or phones, two things we previously were not able to support. Lucas is rebuilding code from C into C# while also migrating old framework to our new framework.

3.   White Paper aimed at investors is being written. The approach here is to take the complex and technical aspects of the Aptum project and break them down into easy to understand concepts and language where the less technical can easily comprehend them. As the segments are completed, they will be released individually for public consumption as the next piece is authored for release. Once the complete body is finalized, it will be compiled and published. The segment on Sharding is underway and will be the first piece released. Chris (Elambert) is handling this task.

Exciting times rolling out now, we are looking forward too much more interaction with the current community as well as building. If you have questions, please feel free to ask. If you want to get involved with the project, please reach out as well. We can be reached at any of the following:

Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5149835.0
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 11:54:01 AM

I haven't run my bullion wallet for some time. Watching this.

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:10:27 AM

1.   Aptum.io website has been launched! This iteration is a work in progress and presently is desktop only. Primary objective now is getting the Aptum Token (APT) faucet up and running – anticipating August 30th release. Once this is done, additional evolution of the website will continue to include mobile compatibility. Obsiter is responsible for this portion of the project.

Some English speaker has to proof-read the website [and the future whitepaper], to make it look a bit more professional, so ambitious phrases like "AIMING TO REPLACE VISA AND PAYPAL" don't sound too funny... BTW, do one necessarily need to put unrealistic goals to attract public..?

I am not native English speaker, but typos and mistakes like "Insted", "DPoS which stands [for] Delegated Proof Of Stake" are obvious even for me. And... what does "sanic" mean? citation: "The more the nodes the more the sanic." forced me to look for "sanic" in Google, and what google showed me is this: https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/798/sanichedgehog.jpg. Looks a bit unrelated to the topic, and, frankly speaking if more nodes will cause "the more the sanic" I would refrain from running too many nodes Grin. Does it have to do with "sanic hegehog" which google shows? Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 08:43:32 PM

Any plans of joining blockchain evenst or roadshows? It would be great to have that and see you there!

I don't see this project actively providing information updates and I'm confused why they don't have a website? I looked for it on the first page, but nothing.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 12:00:03 AM

They're working on a few things. Remember it's a couple of devs only and they don't have any funding as of right now.

ClashProject

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 10:30:30 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:08:05 PM by mprep

Some English speaker has to proof-read the website [and the future whitepaper], to make it look a bit more professional, so ambitious phrases like "AIMING TO REPLACE VISA AND PAYPAL" don't sound too funny... BTW, do one necessarily need to put unrealistic goals to attract public..?

I am not native English speaker, but typos and mistakes like "Insted", "DPoS which stands [for] Delegated Proof Of Stake" are obvious even for me. And... what does "sanic" mean? citation: "The more the nodes the more the sanic." forced me to look for "sanic" in Google, and what google showed me is this: https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/798/sanichedgehog.jpg. Looks a bit unrelated to the topic, and, frankly speaking if more nodes will cause "the more the sanic" I would refrain from running too many nodes Grin. Does it have to do with "sanic hegehog" which google shows? Smiley

Yes, we're currently working on getting the design up and running and used something similar to the typical lorem ipsum texts, so that topics can be determined more easily.
Once that's done, the entire text on the site will be rewritten by someone whose mother tongue is english. After that, it's going to be double checked for correctness using grammarly and only then it's published.
The current website is mainly a placeholder, I'd expect the final one to be up by the beginning of november, but can't promise anything, since I'm not its developer.

In certain communities, sanic the hegehog is synonymous for incredible speed. To put numbers to it, we expect each residential node to add approximately 1.4kTPS to the speed of the sharded aptum network.
While this certainly is an incredible claim, you'll soon be able to verify my math in a more elaborate paper about our interpretation of sharding.

The future whitepaper is currently being written and is not online. We wrote an initial script to have a short description of our rough plans and I also added a couple AIPs. None of these would be used as marketing material, as they assume too much knowledge yet don't go into detail at all. The whitepaper that's currently in progress, written by chris/elambert, is much more in-depth and both humanly understandable and readable.

The ambitious phrase you criticized is not exactly "too ambitious", as this is exactly what aptum is about. Aptum is not a cryptocurrency, aptum is a payment processor leveraging decentralized computing by artificially creating trust in a trustless economy. While VISA offers instant verification of many transactions per second, Aptum uses synchronous processing to be slightly "slower" yet, thanks to the power of the crowd, much more powerful. With just 20 active residential nodes, you'll easily be able to process all non-cash transactions. Every other node adds more power to the network, which can be used to reduce fees, increase speeds and become available to more people and use cases.
The reason this works in Aptum, but not in bitcoin, is because people work together, not against eachother.

Any plans of joining blockchain evenst or roadshows? It would be great to have that and see you there!

I don't see this project actively providing information updates and I'm confused why they don't have a website? I looked for it on the first page, but nothing.

I honestly have no idea what you looked for. When looking up "aptum cryptocurrency", http://aptum.io is the 6th link. This is mostly because our website is work-in-progress and therefore has no SEO yet.

Concerning the post you quoted (which ironically I'm unable to find), I've participated in the audience and spread awareness about aptum by talking to people at cryptocurrency events. Due to us being relatively small, I doubt that any major event would even accept a talk.

In case you are in Berlin, you could send me a direct message after joining our discord server, so that we could meet at one of the various cryptocurrency events in here.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 10:07:25 PM

Their website is not up again so I believe they are making changes.
Simple typos and mistakes should be corrected as it lessen the credibility of the project.
Let us see the next time it is up and running as they said wp is already released as well.
"Aiming to replace visa and paypal" is a very ambitious mission.
But if they can't proofread their site correctly, I doubt they will ever reach even half of the customers of Visa and Paypal.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:37:19 AM

It says internal server error when you try to check their website. When will be the approximate date of launching your website? It says from the ANN title thread that whitepaper is released. Any link for this?
sladkodalich

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:47:51 AM

Twitter account created, please follow us!

Social:

5 follower on twitter, and you want be in the TOP list?
reserved for more updates...
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 06:07:02 PM

It says internal server error when you try to check their website. When will be the approximate date of launching your website? It says from the ANN title thread that whitepaper is released. Any link for this?
If the developer or topic creator active in here, there might be information about the development of their website. But what happen is totally opposite. However for whitepaper you can read it here https://github.com/aptumproject/papers/blob/master/aptum.pdf

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:29:34 PM

Hello hello!

I finally arrived here and I guess just in time.

I read that there is supposed to be a swap fro the CBX to BXX to APTUM in September and lasting till October. Any more details on that?

The website seems to be still under construction.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 03:21:12 PM

State of Aptum Update: September 23rd, 2019

Hello to the Aptum community!

Couple quick tidbits of information to share presently.

1.   We are working out a few kinks in the website and once completed we will be able to conduct the swap form Bullion and Mono to Aptum tokens.

2.   We are currently researching artificial intelligence and neural algorithms to further explore consensus mechanisms before finalizing the code. A quick readme.md can be perused on GitHub should anyone want to read and interact https://github.com/ClashLuke/CharNet.

3.   CharNet is being added to the investor aimed white paper being constructed.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask. If you want to get involved with the project, please reach out as well. We can be reached at any of the following:

Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5149835.0
HodlerKing101

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:31:16 PM

Very interesting conceot by this project. How are you planning to raise funds for the project, will you do an IEO, ICO or do you already have funding?
adamlillian

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:49:48 PM

So will CBX be valuable? Will the team focus on developing AP tokens or CBX tokens?
But why is it so complicated in getting the token? Why don't we simply take it to cut costs?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 06:05:58 PM

Very interesting conceot by this project. How are you planning to raise funds for the project, will you do an IEO, ICO or do you already have funding?

We will be conducting an ICO
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: