Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:08:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wolf Game, Day 1  (Read 13696 times)
martin (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 07:10:15 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2010, 10:00:44 PM by martin

There has been some discussion about building a game which uses bitcoins as an in game currency. The current directions the designs are taking is a version of the good old forum game "The wolf game". I thought it would be fun to play some game, so here goes:

This is the wolf game!
The year is 2024. A group of bitcoin users has gathered together to celebrate, tonight Satoshi releases Bitcoin 10.4 which will be adopted as the official currency of 3 countries. A huge party is had, everyone has fun. However, government agents have infiltrated the celebrations and will stop at nothing, during the night Satoshi is murdered! A mob gathers in the hotel foyer, regarding one another suspiciously...

The aim of the game is simple
Some players are "wolves", every night they send votes to the GM (me) on who they want to murder this night (only humans can be murdered). Wolves all know who each other are.
During the day the mob discusses who the murderer(s) is(are), the wolves pretend to be innocent humans and try to accuse other innocents - at the end of the day the vote is tallied up and the someone is lynched.
If you are a wolf, you must try and steer the daytime voting to get innocent humans killed.
If you are a human, you must try and deduce who is a wolf (bear in mind, people killed during the night must be human - that's the only solid information you have)

Special Roles
There are 4 special roles:
The Medic can autopsy a body that has been lynched and find out if they were human or wolf.
The Guardian Angel can guard one player every night, if the wolves try and murder that person they will fail. The angel may guard themselves.
The Seer will be told the identity of one wolf at the start of the game.
The Moderator is a well respected member of the forums and thus his votes can count double on one single day of his choice.

Special roles are revealed privately to players, the GM will never confirm any player as a special role publicly.

Gameplay
The game starts during the day, players can post and vote on who to kill, votes should be in BOLD AND GREEN, if you changed your mind and make another vote, then please go back and remove the first vote (make it normal text and I'll ignore it). Obviously voting will go back and forth, I will post warnings when the day is ending. One game day will be a couple of real days to allow everyone in different time zones to post.
The game then swaps over to the night, wolves and specials should send their actions to the GM (me) by PM, at the end of the night (when I've received votes off everyone, or when I don't have the patience to wait any long) the day will start with a big post by me explaining the events of the night.

Other rules
1. Private messaging is allowed between living players
2. Private messaging from dead people is NOT allowed, please report it to me and ignore that PM.
3. Dead people should make only one post after they die, and it should not reveal *anything* relevant to the game, it is merely for role-playing an impressive death
4. No posts should be made by anyone during the night. Anyone breaking this rule risks getting struck by lightening when out on the hotel roof having a sneaky cigarette Wink
5. In the event of a tie during the wolf voting then I will choose a random one to kill
6. In the event of a tie during the human voting then NO ONE is killed during that day
7. Any player inactive for too long will be replaced or killed
8. Sharing PMs from the GM is strictly NOT ALLOWED. If someone sneds you a copy of any GM message, then please tell me - they will be punished but you might get a reward Wink
9. Any rules may change slightly as the game progresses (special powers especially may be modified to be slightly more or less powerful) - you won't be punished for rules that didn't exist when you broke them.

Prize Fund
We are playing for a 13.5 Btc prize fund

Surviving players
mizerydearia
EricJ2190
Kiba
Freemoney
Brre
awwright
rokh

Dead players
Satoshi - Assassinated by government agents night 0
Quantumplation - sleeping with the money day 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 07:18:52 PM

F1RSTTT!!!~!`1`1`

In other words, Count me in.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 08:36:39 PM

2econd
EricJ2190

Activity: 134
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2010, 04:08:23 AM

So basically a variant of Mafia? Count me in!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 22, 2010, 12:02:35 PM

I am in.

martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2010, 12:44:20 PM

So basically a variant of Mafia? Count me in!

I believe it's otherwise known as Mafia, every forum I've seen it played it's been called "the wolf game" though.

Is anyone interested in staking some coins to become eligable for the prize fund?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2010, 11:53:08 PM

I'm and I'll pay.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Brre

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2010, 12:34:47 PM

Will there be parrots?

Love to play.
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2010, 11:45:19 PM

Parrots?
awwright

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 27, 2010, 06:01:44 AM

I'm in. Also, I'm thinking Google Wave would be such an awesome way to play this (let's consider it for next round), with inline private messaging between individuals or groups of individuals, and all.
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2010, 07:58:08 AM

Come on people, only 2 more slots to fill!

Wave would be a pretty awesome way to play TWG actually, we should try it sometime
rokh

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 01:36:22 AM

Count me in, whoooo!
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2010, 01:48:58 AM

Excellent, just one more player required now.

Come on people, fill that last slot!
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2010, 11:43:32 AM

I will play it,but not now,because now I am playing the ffxiv gil game,I like playing it very much,thank you.

*calls a moderator*

Check out this guys past posts, he looks very spambotty.
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2010, 10:14:00 AM

I'm going to start the game by the end of today. If anyone wants to enter the prize fund now is the time to do it. I will acceptno entries once I have sent PMs detailing your role in the game.
martin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2010, 07:18:03 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2010, 07:36:22 PM by martin

Sign ups are now closed, I shall be sending roles via PM shortly and then the game will begin.

The sun rose above the horizon, silhouetting the city skyline and waking Kiba from his sleep. He squinted at the light, and stumbled across the room for a drink of water before heading out of his room to see if breakfast was available yet. As he walked down the corridoor he saw the door to Satoshis' rooom was slightly ajar, he knocked and poked his head around the door. Kibas shouts of horror soon summoned the rest of the group. They were the only people in the hotel tonight, it must have been one of them who was a government agent who had murdered Satoshi to stop the release of Bitcoin, a mob formed in the corridoor of the hotel, regarding one another suspiciously...

It is now DAY, start voting.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 01:28:44 AM

Quantumplation

I saw those teeth.

Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 01:58:30 AM

Me?!  Kiba was the first on scene.... Who's to say he didn't kill him, and shout for us to belay suspicion of himself?

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 02:10:13 AM

Me?!  Kiba was the first on scene.... Who's to say he didn't kill him, and shout for us to belay suspicion of himself?

Could be, he doesn't seem to care much for the sun.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 02:25:20 AM

Quantumplation is just trying to get the suspicion off his back. He must be the wolf.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: