Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE GOOD AND BAD SIDES OF BOUNTIES  (Read 10187 times)
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 03:12:52 PM

I don't think bounty hunters need 3 different emails for securing, as they can use the 2fa which is featured on exchanges and choose different password for both bounties account and exchanges account.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 03:47:44 PM

For newbies in the crypto business, you must Know this. make sure you never associate your exchange email with your bounty account.  make this a top priority. i advice hunters to have more than 3 gmail accounts.

The good side of bounties
1; you will definitely make lot of money campaigning for good projects.
2; you might even get rich on the long term if you are a holder of coins and able to detect good projects.

BAD SIDE.

1; whether you like it or now, your social media accounts will receive login threat(someone trying to login to your account from a different location)
2; hackers will also play with emails that was exposed while registering on bounties.

3; if your account is not secured properly, you will lose everything. even your wallet.

Guys i just got HACKED on my hitbtc exchange account.
login location United Kingdom.
i never know u.k have hackers too.

Always use two-factor authentication with exchanges. Also, hackers targeting bounty hunters are stupid, since most bounty hunters are poor. People with money don't spend significant amounts of time to earn coins that may turn out to be worthless.
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 03:52:01 PM

Doing bounty and having different email still not stop hacker to hack your email and your email might not get hack through bounty of a thing cis those guys use search engine to search for email and can get any .

The moral of the story still go to how you protect your password and how strong it is as there some code that can't be break by hacker when you use them .

On UK don't have hacker , you must be kidding me , so you believe that some country don't have back eggs , I can tell that those countries are the most dangerous one and it not always good to be thinking that its some country that has bad people as every single country has its bad eggs.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:04:40 PM

I would like to back in years and do bounty campaigns in 2016-2017. Where profits from signature campaigns were around 2000USD per month. Not like these days when you are thankful for few bucks.  Roll Eyes

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:11:19 PM

1; whether you like it or now, your social media accounts will receive login threat(someone trying to login to your account from a different location)
2; hackers will also play with emails that was exposed while registering on bounties.
3; if your account is not secured properly, you will lose everything. even your wallet.

Yes, I know this, since last year there have been many cases like this, even I myself became a victim. Many spam and phishing e-mails have entered my e-mail, this is very disturbing to me and fatal if someone lacks understanding of cyber crime, they will surely become victims later.
I always use different e-mails for social media and my bounty, I use a lot of e-mails for different purposes and this method is safer.
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:22:57 PM

The bad side is the only one. Spent time for nothing. The good side is that you can work from your home and the time is pretty flexible. Almost dream job if the payouts were higher.

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:27:40 PM

given the fact that there are many hackers out there.. you should have protect your account with 2fa aut.. in hitbtc when you add 2fa's in your account the ip that was used in your account is recorded.. you cannot add new 2fa unless you have confirmed them
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:39:59 PM

In order not to create confusion between accounts, the best solution is to come up with a nickname, register it in gmail and create a social networks for it Wink
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:46:31 PM

I have 1 mail and I do not see the point to use many other mail services.To protect yourself from the theft of the password from the exchange just need to keep the official domain names of exchanges in bookmarks.Just the day before yesterday, I was distracted and sent funds to the phishing site of the cryptocurrency exchanger.And lost his money.I also wanted to add that using the synchronization of your mailbox, hackers will not be able to somehow hack your mailbox.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:59:25 PM

yes, but not all ico projects open with a gmail address on the spreeadsheet and there are some ico projects that don't do it. but my advice is to avoid things you don't want. You only need to use system 2fa and then create a different password for both the gift account and the exchange account.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:06:07 PM

Undoubtedly bounty is a very good thing. Many people came to cryptocurrency thanks to this program. People love everything free and bounty program is the best choice.
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 05:59:24 PM

Here should be good and bad sides for projects

good:
1. may be some of hunters would become a regular part of the community
2. very cheap labour power
3. some materals are really good

bad:
1. you have to share money Grin
2. the way how hunters treat a token is usually super lame that leads to dump

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 06:14:34 PM

Hallo Friend,
Thanks for the tips. Yes, in this ull of hacking world, we have to be very caustious using all forums, exchanges, wallets and other cryptorelated systems.
As you mentioned, using different email addresses will minimize the risk to some extent but not completely. We must ensure to set more security towards these systems like enabeling 2FA, emailconfirmation for each activity like trading, generating API keys and more.
Also keeping our fund in differnt exchanges or wallets, i.e doing diversification, risk of getting our hard earned cryptos stolen  can be decreased to a great extent.

florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:43:50 PM

Becareful which project you are going to promote ,make sure its real and has working product or you might end up wasting your precious time and energy ,you will surely make good profits if you select only genuine bounties

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:57:20 PM

Just don't click links in your email that you don't expect. In other words, if you didn't click "forgot password link" yet you receive an email your have to change password then its something to doubt.

Becareful which project you are going to promote ,make sure its real and has working product or you might end up wasting your precious time and energy ,you will surely make good profits if you select only genuine bounties

Hard thing to see which project is genuine, even those with good working MVP you still will end up wasting time when the team won't spend a dime to list their project to an good exchange.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:59:53 PM

as long as I play bounty there must be sad and happy when the project I promote gets maximum sales and I get my rights there I feel happy and vice versa when the project I was promoting ended in scam and I didn't get my rights, I felt sad but in this case I never give up and always try

None of the campaign give your full rights to get the tokens as a reserve for the bounty participants. May be bitcointalk may enforce rule to handle the tokens distribution at the time of ICO has been launched their bounty program here.

Since this named as bitcointalk we could ask ICO team to give few bucks in BTC also to run their bounty program. Hence we can such good promising project in the market as a ICO itself.

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:19:36 PM

it's clear that bounty hunter should have a separate email for the projects. there are many demands to post it in open way so you will get a lot of spam.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 07:34:33 PM

For newbies in the crypto business, you must Know this. make sure you never associate your exchange email with your bounty account.  make this a top priority. i advice hunters to have more than 3 gmail accounts.

The good side of bounties
1; you will definitely make lot of money campaigning for good projects.
2; you might even get rich on the long term if you are a holder of coins and able to detect good projects.

BAD SIDE.

Guys i just got HACKED on my hitbtc exchange account.
login location United Kingdom.
i never know u.k have hackers too.

Wow! Nice idea of using different emails for bounties and for exchange. I haven't done it yet but reading your post makes me realized that it will truly lessen the risk of being hack if we use different emails with our bounties and another email for registering since to an exchange. I will do that from now. I hope you recover what you had lost with your crypto wallet that was hacked. God bless.. 👼
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 07:34:58 PM

The fact you got hacked doesn't have anything to do with using same email for your bounties and exchange. And that should be among the bad experience in bounties. But your advice of having more email accounts are vital and a good information.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 07:40:09 PM

A bounty has no bad sides other than the one that they may not pay for work.  And the rest is great.  The main thing is to choose a company.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: