Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A call for mandatory KYC for core members of projects conducting an ICO or IEO.  (Read 292 times)
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:43:25 PM

~
This looks more like an epistle. I think it needs some editing for it to be more interesting and appealing to the readers.
Although I understand you to an extent and I strongly agree with your points.
The issue of kyc for the core team members has been on ground for quite some time now NAD I believe some platforms are now working on it.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 11:11:51 PM

For assurance about investment like in ICO then we can do KYC in their team who run this so we can trace them like if they scam us

Still i think KYC can copy so this is very risky like if they do this of course they plan to scam their investors so for me better to risk in IEO then try this if the trading site are already popular and useful here in crypto like Binance

I also began to agree with this IEO system, so that the project will have a lower scam potential because usually on the IEO if the sales target is successful, it can be ascertained that the project will be listed in the same market. Of course we have to choose a market that already has a good reputation.
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 11:38:04 PM

I also began to agree with this IEO system, so that the project will have a lower scam potential because usually on the IEO if the sales target is successful, it can be ascertained that the project will be listed in the same market. Of course we have to choose a market that already has a good reputation.
IEO in the beginning is very promising for me since i think that it would at least minimize scam projects but as i have observed recently many project is doing IEO thus making it scam prone because of abuse though there are some exceptions. IMO, those IEOs which conducted in Binance is more likely to succeed as it has full support from CZ.
bitsurfer2014 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 08:11:44 AM

I agree with you about the need to introduce a mandatory KYC procedure for the ICO team. I think this is very important for assessing the reliability and success of the project. If investors know all about the developers, then there will be less scam and cheating on projects and will attract more potential investors.

Implementing this needs a central authority.  There are lots of factors to consider but if government will step in, those problem regarding who will conduct the KYC for ICO projec developer will be solved.  Without government intervention, there will be lots of KYC verifying company to sprout taking advantage of this new profitable venture.  Another problem is how credible are those company that will conduct KYC.

I think those 3rd party KYC providers will not risk their business integrity or possibly loose their business if they deliberately falsify identity records of supposed to be scammers because they could also be held liable if they are found to have been conniving with those people especially if huge sums of money are involved.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: