Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency, KYC and Terrorism  (Read 2657 times)
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 06:45:12 AM

This is the reasons why a lot of people hate submitting KYC in projects because they are afraid that their personal information might be used to sell it in the different people or terrosist for their illegal activities, that is why i always reject to submit KYC in projects and gambling sites just to save my identity.
Kyc shipping is not worth the risk we suffer. I personally do not agree with that. Moreover, there is no legal protection from the government. I am afraid that if used for criminal acts and on our behalf, so we will deal with the law. will certainly make the atmosphere complicated by our mistakes in sending kyc

I'm now afraid because I participated before in projects that requiring KYC. I'm afraid that my identity can be stolen and can be use in illegal act. I saw articles before that there are projects and exchanges that sold the identity of their users in the dark net. That is why I always ignoring the projects and exchanges that requiring my identity. I want to stay anonymous that is why I'm against KYC.
I am also against in KYC because yeah some of the projects that needs KYC sells their clients identity in the deepweb. And as what I read in some articles the number of those who killed by anonymous people was increased and I think this is one of the reasons. Imagine someone got killed without any clue.
if what you say is really real, this is the most feared thing for all who give KYC. in fact it is true that KYC cannot guarantee whether the identity requested by what we may not know and not the institutions recognized by the state. if the institution is recognized by the state it will certainly be used properly and can be accounted for. it's better to avoid KYC.
Indeed there have not been many reports about the misuse of identity for KYC, but logically, without a legal guarantee from the government, it is better to avoid KYC. if our identity is used for crime, then the risk we bear it, and this is not comparable to the rewards received

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 07:54:16 AM

This is the reasons why a lot of people hate submitting KYC in projects because they are afraid that their personal information might be used to sell it in the different people or terrosist for their illegal activities, that is why i always reject to submit KYC in projects and gambling sites just to save my identity.
Kyc shipping is not worth the risk we suffer. I personally do not agree with that. Moreover, there is no legal protection from the government. I am afraid that if used for criminal acts and on our behalf, so we will deal with the law. will certainly make the atmosphere complicated by our mistakes in sending kyc

I'm now afraid because I participated before in projects that requiring KYC. I'm afraid that my identity can be stolen and can be use in illegal act. I saw articles before that there are projects and exchanges that sold the identity of their users in the dark net. That is why I always ignoring the projects and exchanges that requiring my identity. I want to stay anonymous that is why I'm against KYC.

No need to worry because some of project was trusted and it was good if you do know if the manager was trusted too. There are a lot of campaign that needed that and also to have or to avoid number of same account on the campaign.
Indeed. There are really some projects that we can trust when we already submitted our KYC forms to them that 100% sure they won't sell out our identities or personal informations. But we still need to be careful in sending our own personal information because it is not a joke from getting your information that they could use it in bad activities to trick other people.
We cannot guarantee 100% that there is a project that safe where our identity will not be stolen or sold to others. There are always risks so we should make sure that the risks that we are going to take risks. Our information should be private and KYC is a threat for me and it is the reason why I always avoiding exchanges or projects that needing my I.D's. 
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 07:59:22 AM

Some have speculated that terrorists have discovered a way to use the platform crypto currency to gather identities from different people from all over the world. use their identities for terrorist activities. From threads that i have seen, there are people thinking that some ICOs are used to fund terrorist acts by luring investors into investing into their companies, getting KYC in exchange of money, gather a large sum of it and then run away with big bags of bucks.
IMO, these scenarios have big possibilities since there is the anonymity factor feature of crypto currency, we really do not have the knowledge as to whom and where the money will go for when it was transacted in cyberspace.

what are your thoughts on this?
This is a fairly reasonable inference. I'm also quite suspicious of KYC implementation and then we get their tokens and money. All these things are not free and I suspect they will do something to terrorist organizations. This is really scary and we should protect ourselves from now on. Do not offer any KYC for airdrop campaigns or KYC reward programs. We should only provide KYC for major and major exchanges like Binance, MXC, Huobi to protect our assets.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 09:12:28 AM

No need to worry because some of project was trusted and it was good if you do know if the manager was trusted too. There are a lot of campaign that needed that and also to have or to avoid number of same account on the campaign.
Yeah, people feel the same as you and that’s why most people don’t invest in a project that asks for KYC. But mate I think now the number of such projects has reduced and people don’t like starring their KYC. Those projects who ask for KYC will keep your identification safe from harmful people so better keep them safe so we should invest with trustworthy projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: