Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Telegram's TON a scam after all?  (Read 310 times)
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:50:58 PM

It could very well be scam. However, no updates or information from the team for sometime.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:52:00 PM

I very much doubt that TON is a scam, they raised a lot of money, much more than it is necessary - perhaps, but scam - definitely not.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 05:02:26 PM

Since I joined ico the development takes more than 1 year, I think ton is not a scam, maybe Mr. Pavel has a separate plan for that because if it is wrong, maybe the funding obtained by the telegram will be in vain, giving a little longer so they can plan mature ones
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 05:19:14 PM

Until I can see the coin itself and is traceable on exchange that is when I can say it is a scam or not but I dont think it will ever be a scam cos the project has a reputable image.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 06:12:23 PM

I think such projects do take time so be patient, it is correct that they raised massive amounts of money but then again if we stay positive and trust them then we can come to the conclusion that they are developing a world class platform with out any bugs or errors that may be the reason for slow progress. I hope the final telegram product powered by tonn will be near to perfect one in its category.

Daha19

Activity: 725
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 06:17:10 PM

Come on, they don’t need scammers, there’s plenty of money, I think Pavel Durov is more interested in cryptocurrency, show another breakthrough and show his best

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER    
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:35:57 PM

I don’t remember where you come up with such guesses because the telegames are one of the largest social networks and have collected a lot of money and it’s not at all beneficial to be a scam because it will lose a very large audience.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:09:44 PM

I don’t remember where you come up with such guesses because the telegames are one of the largest social networks and have collected a lot of money and it’s not at all beneficial to be a scam because it will lose a very large audience.
I read about it  in the news. I want to believe that this is not a fraud. Durov created an excellent and convenient social network, I want to trust him.
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:55:38 PM

it's not over, they will make a public sale. I guess they've been waiting for better market conditions.

https://www.coindesk.com/messaging-giant-telegrams-ico-token-is-at-last-going-on-public-sale
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:07:54 PM

The project is probably still under development or things didn't work out as they planned.

Well, don't forget that no startup or new project has 100% chances of succeeding. The big company experience failures too and also do alot of experimentation behind scenes. Just that we don't  hear much about them.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 02:48:31 PM

These guys are doing an overview on what's happening with TON https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/what-happened-to-telegrams-ton/

But what the hell man I mean these guys raised over 1 billion dollars a while ago and I haven't heard squad from their super messaging app yet. Even Bizz has their app on the app store!

Thoughts?
Maybe the amount is fantasy to attract a lot of investors, it's absolutely illogical to have raised up to that amount and they do not have anything to show the this present moment.
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:42:37 PM

They've been VERY quiet... that's for sure...
That was not good to them. Because they were showing some conclusions for their project to turned to be scam. Beware of investing some projects related on this because it may turned to scam.

SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:48:16 PM

The project is probably still under development or things didn't work out as they planned.

Well, don't forget that no startup or new project has 100% chances of succeeding. The big company experience failures too and also do alot of experimentation behind scenes. Just that we don't  hear much about them.
That is right. But when I message them on telegram, they keep on making promises and use this tag line 'soon" which is not really relying on. Better to just keep away from this project.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: