Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeing Potential with Nimiq?  (Read 250 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:24:35 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 09:37:59 AM by CryptoBry

Nimiq is considered to be the browser-based platform which hoped to be a platform or a bridge towards massive adoption by getting away the usual barriers for many to get into the blockchain. Designed with simplicity, greater user-friendly experience without compromising safety, the Nimiq Protocol offer the accessible ecosystem right in your own browser and amazingly with this there is no more required installment of any other software which can then contribute a lot for its widespread adoption. Nimiq is designed to be mobile-friendly as the amount of download data required is greatly reduced and we know that people are now into mobile devices.

With just a marketcap of $5,705,366 USD as of press time but with a total supply of 4,883,445,454 NIM, do you see some growth potential of this cryptocurrency if the leadership behind is doing their job or do you think situation is now not conducive for this coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NImiqNews

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 04:47:36 PM
Merited by Nimiq (1), rngkll (1)

Nimiq is considered to be the browser-based platform which hoped to be a platform or a bridge towards massive adoption by getting away the usual barriers for many to get into the blockchain. Designed with simplicity, greater user-friendly experience without compromising safety, the Nimiq Protocol offer the accessible ecosystem right in your own browser and amazingly with this there is no more required installment of any other software which can then contribute a lot for its widespread adoption. Nimiq is designed to be mobile-friendly as the amount of download data required is greatly reduced and we know that people are now into mobile devices.

With just a marketcap of $5,705,366 USD as of press time but with a total supply of 4,883,445,454 NIM, do you see some growth potential of this cryptocurrency if the leadership behind is doing their job or do you think situation is now not conducive for this coin?

Nimiq just got better, with the biggest release since Mainnet launch!

Create an account in under 30 seconds, multiple addresses, Login Files, a new API, and much more!

Try it here: https://safe.nimiq.com/#

Read more about release in our blog!

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 05:36:19 PM

I really don't know if this coin will grow, maybe will have some grow only on bull run with this high supply i think is hard to have high price, but maybe some potential is if team behind it continue development.
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 08:25:45 PM

It has been added to trustwallet while ago. Maybe we can see on binance later Smiley I sold some airdrop tokens on Latoken for nimiq
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 03:53:10 AM

The lunch of its mainnet should have brought another phase of growth. If that seem not to be coming, it then means it has not been put into use or that there is not much awareness, which make make the growth to linger. There so many of such coins, which only grow significantly when there is an upsurge in the general market.
DosPower

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 03:56:31 AM

Browsers are very tricky. They always have to be updated, and with that comes vulnerabilities. So I'm not sure.
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:58:33 AM

in my opinion when compared to brave, in terms of the concept even though both use a browser, of course brave is better. nimiq still has a little potential it's just not able to defeat the brave (bat).
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:31:28 AM

The lunch of its mainnet should have brought another phase of growth. If that seem not to be coming, it then means it has not been put into use or that there is not much awareness, which make make the growth to linger. There so many of such coins, which only grow significantly when there is an upsurge in the general market.
Yes, there is no much awareness, I did not know about this platform until I saw it now and went to check it out to see what it's all about, I think they really need to work on marketing themselves, because it's not just about creating something good this days since we have a lot of competitors in the market, the team should make sure they create awareness about the project in popular crypto forums and also run ads on crypto ad website or on coinmarketcap and other crypto related platforms.
vj1977

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:26:47 PM

I am closely following Nimiq for almost 2 years now. Nimiq has very strong team and delivering high quality product.

* Native to web (JavaScript/Rust)
* Supported by Ledger Nano S
* Supported by TrustWallet
* Designed for Mass Adoption
* one of the best UX
* Ultra fast onboarding.
* Easy to use
* Easy to implement

Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, Nimiq does not require a third-party node to send transactions directly from the browser.

Show me another project with 6.5M$ CMC with Ledger and Trust Wallet support!

Crypto-to-FIAT bridge will be implemented in Q4 2019. Read about Nimiq OASIS here - https://medium.com/nimiq-network/nimiq-makes-fiat-currencies-blockchain-compatible-7503096a6252

Learn more about the novel consensus algorithm published by #Nimiq and @trinkler_sw here: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/research-collaboration-albatross-63599386a7c9

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:50:33 PM

I really don't know if this coin will grow, maybe will have some grow only on bull run with this high supply i think is hard to have high price, but maybe some potential is if team behind it continue development.

I think this is the big problem for the project, lack supporting community and it will be very hard for a project to gain public adoption in this space without huge community support and another thing here is that project like this can easily be forked and improve upon and another team will take credit for the ground work

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Chugwig

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:20:03 PM

Hi there, long time Nimiq fan here and same for BAT which I saw mentioned.  I've had varied interest in both at pretty much all stages of the project (just an idea, beta, main launch, now) and think they're both great projects.  What I see in both projects is an extremely exciting team, BAT due to having Brendan Eich behind it and NIM due to the incredibly dedicated team that's created it from the ground up.

I am closely following Nimiq for almost 2 years now. Nimiq has very strong team and delivering high quality product.

Learn more about the novel consensus algorithm published by #Nimiq and @trinkler_sw here: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/research-collaboration-albatross-63599386a7c9

https://i.ibb.co/JQjLGJx/Nimiq-Oasis.jpg

I completely agree, the Nimiq team has been putting out big release after big release with smaller events constantly in between for the past 6 to 8 months!  If this acceleration continues, 2019 will be an exciting year!

I think this is the big problem for the project, lack supporting community and it will be very hard for a project to gain public adoption in this space without huge community support and another thing here is that project like this can easily be forked and improve upon and another team will take credit for the ground work

I think Nimiq has a really solid community behind it, and while it's not giant it's definitely not small.  What I like most about Nimiq's community is that it's very active and the team is constantly interacting with us to make sure Nimiq is going down a path the community can agree with.  Of course forks can happen, and it's been mentioned in Nimiq chat channels at pivotal events, but any project can be forked and improved upon which is the whole point of open source projects.  What matters isn't the idea but the execution, and the Nimiq team has both down really well.  Any team that wanted to fork and improve Nimiq could try, but there'd need to be some real motivation behind it for them to outpace the rate at which the Nimiq team is improving the project.
normana

Activity: 155
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 01:27:21 PM

in my opinion when compared to brave, in terms of the concept even though both use a browser, of course brave is better. nimiq still has a little potential it's just not able to defeat the brave (bat).

I don't think it makes sense to compare Nimiq to Brave/BAT:
- Nimiq uses a browser as any other web app. No installation is needed as it runs in whatever browser the platform provides. The main use case of Nimiq is web payments for everyone, to replace PayPal. The code is completely written from scratch.
- Brave is a browser and cryptocurrency light client in one application. It is not installation-free, it's a normal desktop app (and most people refuse to install such). The main use case of Brave/BAT is to change/replace advertisement/tracking industry. Brave is basically Chrome+AdBlocker+Cryptocurrency+Marketing, thus the technological advantage of Brave over just using any browser with a few plugins (Metamask,uBlock,...) is limited IMO.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:09:09 AM

Which is why I was a little confused when the poster mentioned the first browser to be based on blockchian and I was like, does he know what he is saying? So what has BAT and other browsers that has developed their browsers with blockchian, I know they are not many yet which may still make this browser too to thrive provided their team knows how to market the product strongly, because I am not sure they do, if not, I shouldn’t be reading about it for the first time if indeed they are the first, if they were first, many people would have embraced it and create some hypes for it.
smf1943

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 11:12:06 AM

Which is why I was a little confused when the poster mentioned the first browser to be based on blockchian and I was like, does he know what he is saying? So what has BAT and other browsers that has developed their browsers with blockchian, I know they are not many yet which may still make this browser too to thrive provided their team knows how to market the product strongly, because I am not sure they do, if not, I shouldn’t be reading about it for the first time if indeed they are the first, if they were first, many people would have embraced it and create some hypes for it.
Two are the infinte things: the Universe and the human stupidity.
bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:57:42 PM

Oh, my God. Another promising project. How many of them I have seen,but in fact no one was able to implement anything, just say.
vj1977

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:07:06 AM

Oh, my God. Another promising project. How many of them I have seen,but in fact no one was able to implement anything, just say.

Nimiq has delivered amazing product, try it https://safe.nimiq.com/#

Onborading in just 30 seconds.

Read more about Nimiq here https://medium.com/@nimiq

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: