Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why DEX (Decentralized Exchange) still unpopular?  (Read 1360 times)
Cent21

Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:14:22 PM

The real decentralized exchanges that i know, are all for trading eth and its tokens only.

Are there any other dex exchanges where you can trade bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with their own blockchains? If they exist could someone post them?

I would like to give a try.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 07:28:08 PM

Most obvious reasons include complexity, user unfriendly interface, slow transactions, overall sluggish exchange plus poor compliance are some of the things that keep most of the people away from dexes but im sure some advanced dexes will be launched soon to cover this gap and in efficiencies.

BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 08:22:27 PM

Hi all traders!
Why you always using Centralized Exchange to trade Decentralized Asset?
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Why traders still using Centralized Exchange?

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Not your keys, not your coins
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)
well you can only trade in dex using there token like ETH for eth token
some trader is using bitcoin and other coin to trade and there are not much trade order to trade with
also dex is so slow and laggy but if there will be some advanced dex to be lauched someday maybe it can become popular.

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 08:36:33 PM

this is due to the demand of the exchange! lets not be blind of what we are having. iti is still on what we can hve...
i have been there done that and waves token willl be there so lets not expect for a while
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:28:53 PM

One of the reason why most people are still using centralized exchanges is because they have user-friendly interface, that is, orders can be executed easily and host of others. Another reason is, they are faster and have high volume when compared with Decentralized exchanges.
But in terms of security, Decentralized exchanges are far better as it follows the true ideology of blockchain. So I think, if there will be Decentralized exchanges with user friendly interface, it will stand a better chance of challenging most centralized exchanges because no matter what, funds security can't be taken for granted.

sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 09:36:11 PM

For me, the main challenge in using decentralized exchange is low volume, also they are notorious for listing a lot of shitcoins since there are no stiff requirement for listing. Dex does have a lot of advantages but the space need to grow, at the moment it  is more of a dumping ground for shitcoins
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 09:41:23 PM

You said that decentralized exchange give fast response? Have you ever tried it? Decentralized exchanges based on ethereum are killing the network. Website are loading too long.  Roll Eyes

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:19:11 PM

Hi all traders!
Too many 'hacked' news or maybe "hacked by internal" at 2019, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Etc.

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Binance has launch Binance DEX but still have low volume and pair only for BNB (not BTC)
This may be caused by the fact that most decentralized exchanges are not attractive. Most of them are not useful.
But, we also have mistakes in this regard. We have all sanctified Binance, and we just worship it.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 10:39:59 PM

Hi all traders!

Centralized Exchange

+ Huge Volume
+ Fast CS Response

- Less security
- Paid to list

Some people still find it difficult to risk our own wallet to use on the DEX Exchange, even though some currently use metamask extensions for security and also if you want to sell or buy, the process is more complicated. besides that prices are also far worse than centralized exchange and sometimes have poor support.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 11:24:42 PM

I think because DEX exchange is usually for ERC20 tokens support not all coins are available there and DEX exchange also low support team to assist your problem, not like a centralized one. For me, I don't care if it is DEX or centralized exchange as long as I can trust the site and have positive feedback to their customer not having a bunch of complaints.
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 11:45:53 PM

I think because DEX exchange is usually for ERC20 tokens
There are so many DEX exchanges, and they do not only provide supports for ERC20 tokens, but also for lots of altcoins, including Proof of Stake / Masternode coins. For example, you can find lots of PoS/MN coins on Crypto Bridge. The main reason why DEXes are not popular by now is fear of security and supports. Crypto investors, especially someone whom don't have enough knowledge and experience tend to stay away from DEX. They don't want to get troubles in case they need exchange's supports. Another reason is by using DEX, users have to secure their private key / seeds themselves. Such DEXes don't support users to get their private keys / seeds back.
mangsitin

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:12:40 AM

I think because DEX exchange is usually for ERC20 tokens support not all coins are available there and DEX exchange also low support team to assist your problem, not like a centralized one. For me, I don't care if it is DEX or centralized exchange as long as I can trust the site and have positive feedback to their customer not having a bunch of complaints.
Yes right, as far as I know DEX is an exchange that is specifically for the Erc20 Ethereum smart contract for trading before the main Token enters the global market, and so far the DEX exchange site is very safe.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 01:45:27 AM

DEX are for people who dont want to give security info. Yes it is not yet popular but it is quite convenient when you need yo trade without any hassle. BinanceDEX is also great but hopefully they can add some other common or stablecoin. Not just BNB, I know they are the host but they should not monopolize the BNB coin. Anyway, more power for decentralization. I support DEX.

stablecoin is the only they need. binance may really be able to do that. there are coins are starting to migrate into the binance chain because of this. i'm just not sure if BNB token is also in the dex, this might change soon there are dex that i have been waiting for its development like the weidex (for erc token) they do have a token there which is for the trading fees as well.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 01:49:25 AM

There are many things that makes it difficult for people to switch to DEX.
People are used to Regular exchange and it's interface. DEX have a learning curve. The operation is slow. The fees are higher. There are several steps to convert from one coin to another as DEX mostly are based on a single currency. And with a lot of phising sites in action, DEX are more unsecure than Central exchanges.
DEX mostly needs a computer while people also do trade with smarthphones.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:52:13 AM

DEX hasn't worked out many of the problems. They are still in developing phase. You can use them as a trail but they can't be a tool for regular traders. Not at least at current times.
They can't have another pair as they only work with the base currency whose wallet the user are opening. So we'd need a cross blockchain automated wallet to have multiple pairs on single dex.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:55:33 AM

Decentralized exchange works as a escrow on peer to peer trade. So inspite of double conversion, it would better let users put any pair on exchange and do it when matched. For fees, users should have a exchange specific token on their wallet which would be deducted on matching.
Currenty the Decentralized exchanges are doing multiple conversion to make a simple trade happen.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 02:34:41 AM

It will take awhile to catch on, but DEXs are the future.
In fact, that is what crypto is all about.
From the beginning it was a way for p2p transactions to take place.
A way for people to directly do business and interact with each other without the need of a middleman or central agency.

Also, when people catch on to the security of a dex, then centralized exchanges will be a thing of the past.
Overall, dexs are cheaper, faster, and more secure.
Who wouldn't want that?

But for now, I think people don't have a fundamental understanding of it.
And oftentimes, it takes a while for people to truly catch on.

robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 02:43:46 AM

Decentralized exchange works as a escrow on peer to peer trade. So inspite of double conversion, it would better let users put any pair on exchange and do it when matched. For fees, users should have a exchange specific token on their wallet which would be deducted on matching.
Currenty the Decentralized exchanges are doing multiple conversion to make a simple trade happen.
they follow technological developments and market desires. because the market considers the decentralization exchange to be easier and more convenient to use, therefore the more people do trade there, it makes a number of new decentralized exchanges also be created.
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:32:36 AM

it seems to me that time will pass and users will gradually migrate to DEX exchanges, there are more trading volumes on centralized exchanges and everyone is used to it and does not want to give it up, because DEX exchanges for most are something new and unknown.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 05:37:21 AM

they follow technological developments and market desires. because the market considers the decentralization exchange to be easier and more convenient to use, therefore the more people do trade there, it makes a number of new decentralized exchanges also be created.
More convenient but in terms of security, it's not secured as centralized exchange.
I mean, based on my experience using decentralized exchange where you have to put your private key to trade, I thin that step alone is very risky.

I like to try a new style for decentralized exchange which we can created username and password and I just don't know if its possible.

I also don't want to over think things, the fact that less people are using it now, that says they are not safe to use.
Compared to the volume of centralized exchange, the volume for decentralized exchange is just 1 to 2 percent.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████