Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't share your first email or KYC documents with every bounty or airdrop!!!  (Read 1723 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:58:54 PM

I left a bounty campaign recently because of kyc, i don't see any reason why they actually need a kyc for a token that is a utility, i think kyc is necessary for a security token. It is now a norm for all bounty whether it's utility token or security. I think you are right for utility project asking for kyc therefore it's suspicious.
Most of them asks for KYC so that people does not abuse their system, like joining a bounty program with multiple account or joining and hogging all those airdrops for themselves using multiple account (but I don't think they actually verify those users). But, most of those ICOs are just scam. They will just be making extra money by selling your identification on the dark web. It is always best to avoid them.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:59:18 PM

Having seen what kyc docs can be used for why don't this forum admins ban kyc for bounty/airdrop participants, other means of identification can be used.

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:09:00 PM

the topic proves once again that you should think twice about joining kyc for a worthless token. your own data has a value and many people want to make money from.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:13:37 PM

Having seen what kyc docs can be used for why don't this forum admins ban kyc for bounty/airdrop participants, other means of identification can be used.

You maybe recommend it to the forum admin do that buddy. Practically it will not work for it. You can analyze the best bounty which is really worth for sharing your information.
If you still believe that bounties not worth to share the KYC details you may ignore it personally.

labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:14:37 PM

fully I agree with you, giving up personal data to get a gift of grace or airdrop is the same as killing yourself. I personally have never done anything stupid before and after here and don't let it happen to ourselves. keep that stupid thing away

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:25:49 PM

When reading this information, I also fear that personal information obtained from bounty will be used similarly like this.
I did not know that people can go to this extent in marketing their projects using other people personal information! I think kyc means " know your customers" and I keep asking this question, are we their customers as a bounty hunter? If no, then why should a bounty hunter undergo KYC?
after reading op comments, I now understand that something is wrong and we really did not need kyc as this is going to expose our identity to those that we may really not want to have our identity. From now on I have decided not to participate in any project that requires kyc.
Genkotsu

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:27:40 PM

good thread and thanks for this information.
i am airdroper and bounty hunter too before read this i fill many time airdrop and bounty with KYC.
because i think KYC is not too important for me and that is a proof if i am not using double account.
thanks for your sharing.

Mata Kripto

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

guestcrew.com

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:49:19 PM

honestly i just found out this, and you have provided good information. sometimes I also think about the abuse of personal data from KYC results and it turns out that there is a trading system like that. next time I will be more vigilant about projects that require participants to do this stupid KYC.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[GuestCrew]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Earn GUEST Tokens by sharing content
guestcrew.com
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 07:58:47 PM

It is of course unreasonable to transfer your identification data to practically strangers, as is being done now in the bounty companies of ICO. I always try to ignore the side of the ICO campaign, whose teams require us to undergo a KYC check. However, this is not always possible, because even if at first we are assured that there will not be such a KYC check, at the end of the ICO, the opinion of the ICO team often changes.
So far this is a very big problem for bounty hunters, especially since we should not undergo such checks at all, since we are not investors in such projects.
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 09:17:30 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 09:32:36 PM by wwzsocki

I see that my thread caught a lot of attention and this is very good.

The main purpose of this thread was to warn all Bitcointalk members once again that sharing private data with strangers is a bad idea.

One more time if you have to pass KYC for airdrop or bounty ask first what for scans they need.

Most of the time a random document is enough for bounty or airdrop where only your face and name should be visible.

The rest should be covered and water stamps added or any other data which makes this document useless to resale.

Bounties and airdrops are not entitled to ask for full KYC and they use tricks and lack of knowledge to get them and avoid problems with legal actions.

In court, they would say: "We never asked for full KYC, only some document with a name, to check identity, is not our fault that people are so dumb and send us full scans. We told them not to do this in a Tweet a few months before this airdrop or bounty."

I hope now you have the big picture in the view.

Xalata

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 10:02:35 PM

Its sad how small tokens can drive us to give our information to people easily. I have stopped participating in airdrops because most of them don't even pay and the sad news is that, they even request for KYC. So they will take your information and your time and give you nothing in return. Let's stop feeding them with our information.

baeva2

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 10:16:05 PM

Thank you for such a necessary topic. I try not to participate in projects that require KYC, but still I participated in several projects that required KYC and this constantly worries me.
novy

Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 10:17:46 PM

many scammers just collecting KYC database from us and sell that database on the black market to some other scammers. So, think twice before register to a new bounty or airdrop.

kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 10:19:50 PM

thanks for your information.  I will be more careful when filling out KYC.  sometimes KYC is very useful to avoid scammers and illegal accounts.  but I choose not to fill KYC if an airdrop or bounty has no purpose.

triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 11:51:25 PM

Thank you for the information, for that I still do it, but mostly only emails and books I just submit if the reward offered is really good and I think it's safe, for a small reward I won't do it and better leave it.
auntyjmary

Activity: 368
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 01:29:13 AM

It is really becoming a worrying situation how KYC  verification is becoming part of almost every project in recent times. In my candid opinion, I don't think anyone is comfortable submitting his/her personal information for KYC verification either as an investor of a project or a bounty hunter. Maybe we need some form of regulations concerning KYC  before things get out of hands since there are many scam projects in recent times.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:10:28 AM

many scammers just collecting KYC database from us and sell that database on the black market to some other scammers. So, think twice before register to a new bounty or airdrop.
We really have to be more careful because our information is extremely important and if we choose a bad project, the risk will be great. I often participate in bounty campaigns with good managers and the project must really attract investors before I consider joining KYC. The crypto market is where scammers are the most active and only need a little mistake, your information will be known everywhere

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 05:02:42 AM

I regretted submitted some KYC for some shitcoins years ago and ever since periodically im getting calls from brokers and scam emails everywhere, it's definitely a bad move. Yet it's a dillema where you data is not 100% safe even the party were publicly reputable and trustworthy. On cryptosphere except some offering which is required to comply regulations. There's no reason u need to do it elsewhere whenever it's exchanges, escrow services or the ones you mentioned

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 05:39:36 AM

I think that there is no need to share you personal email or pass kyc for bounties and airdrops, as the rewards you would receive are not worth it and there is also no guarantee that you personal info wouldn't be shared to any third parties.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 05:47:48 AM

Thank you for the information, for that I still do it, but mostly only emails and books I just submit if the reward offered is really good and I think it's safe, for a small reward I won't do it and better leave it.

Wow, you sure has a serious needs when it comes to rewards. This is a serious thing. Submitting KYC without thinking that your information will be used for an illegal activities. Even you just submit your email, your personal infos will be easily  access. Honestly, whenever an airdrop is reauirinr us to give  KYC, I refrain and cancelled it.

Black market is really a big serious thing. I would not recommend everyone to pass their KYC in some airdrops. Our KYC shall be in private.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: