Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't share your first email or KYC documents with every bounty or airdrop!!!  (Read 1719 times)
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:37:47 AM

So if a project requested for someone information it is necessary for you to give out your information only for you to get your reward from them.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Claude46

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 07:47:47 AM

Thanks for sharing us this threads. And I am so fully agree with you, giving up your personal data to get a gift of grace in returns was a big mistake. I personally have never done anything stupid before and after here and don't let it happen to ourselves. Keep that stupid thing away from us. Because this kind of technique is for scammer only so dont get to attach to their promises. Only trust to tje project can shkw you a good whitepaper just like the dencoin tokens which has a great factor of making the investor safe and sound through their money investment.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:11:59 AM

Actually you can. If you are doing KYC, airdrops, bounty. You should create a dummy email in order for you not to sacrifice the main email address. Who cares if they hack your dummy email address? You have your main. Create a dummy address now and use it on different activities in cryptocurrency that requires email. That's what I do actually since 2017. And I'm still safe Wink. I hope you will do the same as I'm doing so that you might be enjoying a safe life in crypto as me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:19:22 AM

I hope they listen though,and especially airdrops or bounties alert you get through emails when you don't signup for such alerts ,they are scam artists ,they always looks legit in the eye but its more than that
Wale777

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:39:33 AM

[/Quote]
The issue of kyc is becoming more unbearable because more bounties and airdrops are asking for filling in documents to claim rewards both legit and fake bounties/airdrops.

You can use these websites below to generate your disposable or throwaway email addresses:
https://temp-mail.org/en/
https://www.throwawaymail.com/en
https://www.guerrillamail.com/
[/Quote] 
Thanks for this I never know there are websites where to generate disposable email addresses but I must state here that the only enduring panacea to the menace of stealing or selling of data is for total stop to kyc.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:13:49 AM

i know about this i am tried my best to confirm a project properly before providing my details. you shade more light on how the business raised money just from emails. i think i will stop sharing my identity over bounties no matter what.
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1702

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 11:38:36 AM

snip

Your quote is broken!!!

Please check your post and adjust to avoid problems with plagiarism accusations in the future.

As OP of this thread, I fill committed to check all posts, report spam, answer questions and keep the discussion rolling smoothly.

I will wait some time for your response but if I don't get one in a reasonable time I would have to report this post for deletion.

If you need any help I will be glad to assist you with this post.

Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:59:51 AM

This could mean that we will stop participating on bounties. I think people here will unite (don't know how) in convincing bounty managers to stop asking for KYC, as they hit two birds with one stone. They can profit from the documents sent to them by bounty participants.

OP, aside from making profit from KYC documents, can they use the documents for cyber crime and can they prosecute the real owner of the documents?
Crypto5060

Activity: 441
Merit: 2

Theagriverse.io

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:02:25 PM

I see that my thread caught a lot of attention and this is very good.

The main purpose of this thread was to warn all Bitcointalk members once again that sharing private data with strangers is a bad idea.

One more time if you have to pass KYC for airdrop or bounty ask first what for scans they need.

Most of the time a random document is enough for bounty or airdrop where only your face and name should be visible.

The rest should be covered and water stamps added or any other data which makes this document useless to resale.

Bounties and airdrops are not entitled to ask for full KYC and they use tricks and lack of knowledge to get them and avoid problems with legal actions.

In court, they would say: "We never asked for full KYC, only some document with a name, to check identity, is not our fault that people are so dumb and send us full scans. We told them not to do this in a Tweet a few months before this airdrop or bounty."

I hope now you have the big picture in the view.

But this claim is wrong as they ask for both utility bills or proof of address during bohnty/airdrop kyc. Is there nothing the forum can do to regulate kyc data for bounty participants?

───────     AgriVerse     ► ► ►     Plant to Earn
█ █ █ █ █            WELCOME TO AGRIVERSE            █ █ █ █ █
●  TELEGRAM  ●  YOUTUBE  ●  TWITTER
wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 12:06:16 PM

But this claim is wrong...

I don't understand you? Which claim is wrong?

Please be more specific and I will be happy to answer your question.

elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 12:35:13 PM

Actually you can. If you are doing KYC, airdrops, bounty. You should create a dummy email in order for you not to sacrifice the main email address. Who cares if they hack your dummy email address? You have your main. Create a dummy address now and use it on different activities in cryptocurrency that requires email. That's what I do actually since 2017. And I'm still safe Wink. I hope you will do the same as I'm doing so that you might be enjoying a safe life in crypto as me.
Email is not a big problem because most bounty hunters apply this method to be able to do it more safely. I always change my email address when joining a new airdrop and always choosing good projects to join to avoid risk of personal information. In fact, I have done very well in the past 3 years and have not encountered any problems regarding email attacks, KYC because I am very careful when doing something in this market.

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 02:05:56 PM

This is very wrong, I hate to see a lot of unsolicited messages on my inbox and most of the time they come from applying for a lot of bounties and ICO's. I had created a different email from my normal one for the bounty purposes and it is helpful to distinguish between priority tasks

wwzsocki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 03:15:38 PM

Email is not a big problem because most bounty hunters apply this method to be able to do it more safely. I always change my email address when joining a new airdrop and always choosing good projects to join to avoid risk...

You would be surprised how many people leave their first email when they sign up for a bounty or airdrop.

Of course, they learn on their mistakes and with time, they change the email but the goal is to warn these members.

Email is not a big thing but together with documents, this is a weapon in the hands of a hacker.

When it goes to choosing only the best project I would say you never know. Research can be the best and in the end, ICO will scam investors.

There are so many examples that I think is no need to quote them here.

Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:07:08 PM

This is very wrong, I hate to see a lot of unsolicited messages on my inbox and most of the time they come from applying for a lot of bounties and ICO's. I had created a different email from my normal one for the bounty purposes and it is helpful to distinguish between priority tasks
almost all bounty hunters do this. Especially for those who participate in the airdrop, it is simply necessary to have a separate mail for such letters

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:08:58 PM

Unfortunately, even large exchanges such as Bittrex, Bitfinex, and Binance cannot cope with the leakage of our data from their servers, there is evidence that personal data of data exchange users are sold in a darknet.

clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:10:35 PM

I thought it was obvious, because I would never risk my personal information for an airdrop that is worth several cents. Always check the projects and try to find if they are legit before sending your KYC documents.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:16:30 PM

This could mean that we will stop participating on bounties. I think people here will unite (don't know how) in convincing bounty managers to stop asking for KYC, as they hit two birds with one stone. They can profit from the documents sent to them by bounty participants.

OP, aside from making profit from KYC documents, can they use the documents for cyber crime and can they prosecute the real owner of the documents?

Why did it happen? Now there are quite a few projects that do not require an identification procedure. Enough not to participate in those where it is mandatory.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:40:18 PM

now a lot of projects are asking for KYC and it turns out that their projects are scam, they are very clever to cheat people by making an airdrop and bounty task and they make their projects expensive with their own fake exchange then after many register and KYC they don't raise gifts and the price of their coins is small change, they are very easy to get KYC people with this fraud is very sad that fraudsters do
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 06:42:22 PM

So if a project requested for someone information it is necessary for you to give out your information only for you to get your reward from them.
I think your important email and the account or wallet details are worth far more than what you might make in a bounty or airdrop campaign. You need to do the cost and benefit analysis first and only then think about getting involved in such things and sharing your details. For me, it is not worth sharing your information for the benefits in an airdrop.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 06:56:42 PM

now a lot of projects are asking for KYC and it turns out that their projects are scam, they are very clever to cheat people by making an airdrop and bounty task and they make their projects expensive with their own fake exchange then after many register and KYC they don't raise gifts and the price of their coins is small change, they are very easy to get KYC people with this fraud is very sad that fraudsters do

Something you're keen. Create a working project (token + exchange) to just get your personal data is at least laborious. As it has already been written here, many are ready to give them for receiving tokens for airdrop.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM