Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of an EOS account?  (Read 217 times)
resdi1 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 03:35:52 PM

Anyone know how much an EOS account would be worth today?

Most websites register you for a premium, but I though it was cheaper if you call the functions yourself on EOS to stake + buy ram for your new account.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gemliting

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 04:02:56 PM

do you know playstore ? some of the apps provide eos account ( ex: EOSLynx and this is the cheapest eos account )
resdi1 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:41:24 PM

Yea but that is a 1 time thing, it burns you mobile phone.  If you need say 100 accounts?
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 06:53:54 PM

i believe the cost is around 0.4 eos 0.2 for the creation and 0.2 for the various gases, i know that the social murmur offered free accounts i don't know if it is still valid...
Jenkins33

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 07:17:14 PM

Most websites register you for a premium, but I though it was cheaper if you call the functions yourself on EOS to stake + buy ram for your new account.

Before IEO Paytomat on the EXMO Exchange, you could install an application on your phone that allowed you to create an EOS wallet for free. I do not know how things are now with this, but you can try to download this application on your phone and try to create an EOS wallet.

cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 07:31:30 PM

I use the eoslynx wallet app for Apple iPhone (iOS) and it costs just 0.99$ to kickstart
It’s safe secure and also you need to use a simple username as your wallet address
resdi1 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 11:59:31 PM

Cool thanks, is there a market for 2nd hand accounts? lol
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:25:56 AM

What do you mean? The account or the wallet address that can hold EOS? Or the actual EOS price in the market? I think for the standard of unity in determining the market price of EOS, we could always visit the coin market cap website so, it will not going to have a discrepancy on looking at exchange price.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:48:02 AM

Wow, I don't understand what you guys are talking about, do one now need funds to create an EOS account or have that always been how it is because I know I have an EOS wallet in my mobile phone in which I make use of to send EOS to address without the need of any transaction fees whatsoever, so I am a bit confused on why one needs to by eos account, or are there more features attached when you make purchase of an eos account.
resdi1 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:14:23 PM

Wow, I don't understand what you guys are talking about, do one now need funds to create an EOS account or have that always been how it is because I know I have an EOS wallet in my mobile phone in which I make use of to send EOS to address without the need of any transaction fees whatsoever, so I am a bit confused on why one needs to by eos account, or are there more features attached when you make purchase of an eos account.

You always needed someone already with an EoS account to stake RAM for you + CPU + reserve a name aka create a new account.

When you used things like certain wallets or platforms, they took the hit and subsidized you with a free account.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:16:52 PM

EOS is too centralized for my liking,  Id rather just stick with ethereum.  I don't believe EOS has a real future and the current price is being backed by some wealthy fraudsters.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 06:20:26 PM

I also don't like EOS, why is need an account to set up? I like coins who are not centralized because i think only decentralized coins can have future and can grow over time.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:25:04 PM

If you have the friend using EOS account they can refer you to use the EOS wallet. Unless you can get the account for sure. I heared that new chatting platform creating a link between EOS accounts and auto users synchronization for their platform users.

Hopefully if you able to search about them, check them on google search for as hnx.

If you get the sellers who directly sellling their accounts you may buy it but use the escrow.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
resdi1 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:47:22 PM

I also don't like EOS, why is need an account to set up? I like coins who are not centralized because i think only decentralized coins can have future and can grow over time.

The account is because they dont have GAS costs, so on ethereum, sending someone eth you will lose a very small % of transaction in gas costs to miners.  In EOS its "free", which happens by you having to have staked coins.

If you now have "free" contract executions + free account registration, that makes it extremely easy for someone to register 10000000000 accounts and spam the chain. So there has to be an initial getting onboard cost.

If you have the friend using EOS account they can refer you to use the EOS wallet. Unless you can get the account for sure. I heared that new chatting platform creating a link between EOS accounts and auto users synchronization for their platform users.

Hopefully if you able to search about them, check them on google search for as hnx.

If you get the sellers who directly sellling their accounts you may buy it but use the escrow.

Humanixr?

Also any idea if theres a 3rd party market like what you describe in last sentence?
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:57:42 PM

I bought an EOS account about a week ago with zeos.co.
It cost me 0.006 ETH. But the price is constantly changing.
taktik

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 08:38:17 PM

I bought an EOS account about a week ago with zeos.co.
It cost me 0.006 ETH. But the price is constantly changing.
Of course, the cost of the account is not very expensive, since I purchased somewhere around $ 1.  I hope that all my fuss will not be in vain.  Although I am very surprised by the difference between the platform erc20 and EOS.
Newbie.

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:13:56 PM

Why paying for an account just to store coin in it? There's a pretty safe and solid wallet for the Android out there that has zero withdrawal fees for the EOS: https://freewallet.org/eos-wallet Another good thing about this wallet is that they do not ask for a payment to create a wallet and that's rare on the market. This way you can save yourself some money.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:20:59 PM

I paid about $ 0.7 equivalent. If you make one or two accounts, this is perfectly acceptable. If you need a lot of accounts, it turns out to be expensive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: