Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: offering escrow services  (Read 1139 times)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 04:05:07 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2023, 03:09:04 PM by MoparMiningLLC
Merited by minerjones (1)

I know I am relatively new here and even with philipma1957 taking a hiatus from escrow services, we still have quite a few reputable and trustworthy members that also serve as escrow services.

That being said, I would like to offer to my services as an escrow provider as well. I see this an both an opportunity and as a privilege to serve this community. I see this as only being beneficial to the community to have multiple available escrow providers.

- Once contacted by either seller or buyer - I will draft a contract involving seller, buyer and myself with terms/conditions. This should cover all the possible "if this, then this" scenarios
- Once both parties agree, I will provide a "escrow"  address to buyer and request a "refund address" from buyer and a "pay to" address from seller
- The "escrow" address I provide will be an address specific to this contract only - I will provide a new address for each contract
- I will be willing to escrow using the following crypto currencies: BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC
- Once funds are received into the "escrow" address, I will notify both parties and seller will need to ship item and provide tracking
- Once package is received by buyer, they will have a mutually agreed amount of time to review product once it arrives (1 to 2 days typically)
- If there are issues - they will need to be communicated and I will work with both buyer & seller to come to a fair resolution
- Once buyer and seller are satisfied, I will release funds to the seller
- I will charge 1% fee

there are also some things I will not perform escrow services for:

No digitial goods
No gift cards

If anyone has any questions about or issues with what I am offering above, please let me know.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:47:59 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

You should consider first getting more trading experience around here before starting offering your own escrow services. In general, you should show a fairly long trading history before offering escrow services. In addition to showing that you can be trusted to handle others' money, you need to show you have the experience to mediate any possible disputes.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 04:51:19 AM

Just this week alone I have seen couple of newbies offering their service as Escrow in which I find fishy since we have already many Escrow here that has been around for longtime now and had successfully deals multiple times

But of course new players must be welcomed and can established their own name to be legitimate in future,looking at your account is enough to find that you are serious about this

All I can say is goodluck mate and hope you’ll find client soon
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 05:06:04 AM

Just this week alone I have seen couple of newbies offering their service as Escrow in which I find fishy since we have already many Escrow here that has been around for longtime now and had successfully deals multiple times

But of course new players must be welcomed and can established their own name to be legitimate in future,looking at your account is enough to find that you are serious about this

All I can say is goodluck mate and hope you’ll find client soon

Thank you. I might only initially get interest from those I have worked with but hopefully it builds - if nothing else, it provides another option to those here on the forums. I had talked with one of the escrow providers here and they told me to go ahead and offer my services, so I am.

You should consider first getting more trading experience around here before starting offering your own escrow services. In general, you should show a fairly long trading history before offering escrow services. In addition to showing that you can be trusted to handle others' money, you need to show you have the experience to mediate any possible disputes.

I get that - I mean I could just go buy an advanced account like a lot of others have or I could just escrow my own deals between an alt like others have - but I think I will keep doing what I am doing and offer the service to anyone that would like to use them.

All in all, I welcome the advice and criticism.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 05:18:16 AM

lol. Good luck buddy. You will need it Cheesy
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 05:20:39 AM

lol. Good luck buddy. You will need it Cheesy

Of that I have no doubt. I will work at increasing my trades here but in the meantime, I will still offer my services. I am not doing it to make a profit - only to serve the community. So, if I get no business, I will not be upset or at a financial loss for it.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2019, 05:37:07 PM

I don't want to discourage you, but it will be difficult for you to get customers. We have many experienced and trusted users providing escrow services and most people prefer to choose them. But offcourse, there are few exceptions from the rule. For example shasan who is relatively new here, but he managed to buil his reputation and now is providing escrow and money lending services successfuly.
Good luck Wink

MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 01:44:08 AM

I don't want to discourage you, but it will be difficult for you to get customers. We have many experienced and trusted users providing escrow services and most people prefer to choose them. But offcourse, there are few exceptions from the rule. For example shasan who is relatively new here, but he managed to buil his reputation and now is providing escrow and money lending services successfuly.
Good luck Wink

I understand that, I am not reliant upon getting customers but just wish to offer the availability should the need present itself. I will be buying/selling equipment over time so my trust level will continue to increase.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2020, 11:25:28 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2020, 07:08:04 PM by Stryfe

first transaction I provided escrow for here on the forums: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5222275.0

all went well and both buyer/seller are satisfied.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 03:50:37 AM

second transaction I provided escrow for - deal went smooth and was concluded within 4 days from start to finish. Very smooth deal

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5235031.0

Mine BTC @ kano.is
windowman

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 08:44:48 AM

Do you accept for software service escrow?
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2021, 02:54:24 PM

Do you accept for software service escrow?

I try not to do software/virtual items as it is very hard to confirm whether the software is legitimate. however, if both parties are in agreement on the terms, I will and have done escrow for things like AWS accounts, google voice accounts etc.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
EvenMoreNoobs

Activity: 29
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 11:08:09 PM

G'day

I'm buying Microsoft (legitimate) licenses activation, would you do escrow for it? the amount is about $200 in BTC.

Please let me know.
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2021, 11:53:10 PM

G'day

I'm buying Microsoft (legitimate) licenses activation, would you do escrow for it? the amount is about $200 in BTC.

Please let me know.

No - I have done digital goods in the past and have tried to do it again recently but have decided that it is a good idea to stay away from digital goods - too many issues and very hard to prove validity of either side.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
EvenMoreNoobs

Activity: 29
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 02:07:56 AM

G'day

Please let me know.

No - I have done digital goods in the past and have tried to do it again recently but have decided that it is a good idea to stay away from digital goods - too many issues and very hard to prove validity of either side.

Thanks, do you recommend someone who does it?
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 02:17:35 AM

G'day

Please let me know.

Thanks, do you recommend someone who does it?

no sorry - I do not know of any that do digital goods - simply because it is hard to verify who is at fault if the deal does not go thru. I have attempted escrow for over 100 digital deals and only maybe 6-7 went smooth - all the rest were shit shows.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
ibuytether

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 09:24:18 AM

i want to buy tether. Thank you.
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2021, 12:59:05 PM

i want to buy tether. Thank you.

and how can I assist with that?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
darkangel258

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 09:58:39 AM

Hi guy. I want you help me to escrow service. I and my friend exchange about video youtube remove service. Can you help me ?
darkangel258

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 05:36:57 PM

Hi guy. Please check my inbox to escrow service. I need your help. Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: