Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yubikey U2f  (Read 150 times)
srichar3 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:49:04 PM

I have a coinbase account and I added a Yubikey 5 nano for Authentication. I've only had the key 24 hours and it seems to have failed. It no longer works with coinbase and I also tried to add it to my google account and I juts get the error timed out.  My understanding is that to begin the authentication you have to touch the copper bit on the front of the key to activate authentication however when I do this nothing happens and the LED keep flashing. Does anyone else use one of these keys and can confirm this is the case?

The odd thing is it work fine in the mobile OTP code app.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 10:48:05 PM

Maybe your yubikey can't detect properly with your laptop/PC so try to clean the terminal using an eraser and maybe this is the only your problem.

Never heard this type of authenticator before but still, it is just like a cellphone authenticator.

According to youtube tutorial that you need to tap the key(copper) from the yubikey to authenticate while you are in Coinbase it should be work if not then there is something wrong about the yubikey.

You can try follow this troubleshooting guide from here Basic YubiKey Troubleshooting

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
srichar3 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:53:19 AM

It was the touch sensor, its ok now, not sure if it got some dirt on it but yesterday I tried many times and the LED just flashed but it never recognized the touch. Checked the drivers it was installed correctly and run through their troubleshooting, it didn't even recognize it on their demo site but it still worked with the Yubico app, but no matter how many times I tried it over web it just timed out. Then all of a sudden this morning it started working again and now works flawlessly. 

I will be buying a second one though and adding to the account as a backup just in case I have any future issues.

Never heard this type of authenticator before but still, it is just like a cellphone authenticator.

This is the highest level of authentication that Coinbase recommends, they rate it higher than the authentication apps, it also has its own app that you can use for sites that don't accept U2f.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 07:36:52 PM

It was the touch sensor, its ok now, not sure if it got some dirt on it but yesterday I tried many times and the LED just flashed but it never recognized the touch. Checked the drivers it was installed correctly and run through their troubleshooting, it didn't even recognize it on their demo site but it still worked with the Yubico app, but no matter how many times I tried it over web it just timed out. Then all of a sudden this morning it started working again and now works flawlessly. 

It sometimes won't work(Like other devices) if you just recently install the driver you should restart the PC to make the driver work.
So maybe this is the problem that you experience yesterday.

Anyway, since it's working now you can now lock this topic that you can find lower left of this page and change your title as solved.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████