Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature Character limits  (Read 346 times)
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5912

Meh.

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:12:01 AM

Do we get an update log anywhere of changes to the forum overall?

The limitation to Signature Codes was lowered from 4,000 to 3,850 (For Hero/Legendary users). An error code was being displayed while trying to use a previous signature code, so would have been nice if it'd been made public before I paid for it (no extra charge, but still).

Also wondering what the motivation behind this move is, theymos? One step closer to eliminating signature campaigns?  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1651
Merit: 686

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 11:16:18 AM

Could it be the 4000 characters are counted as HTML, while you're counting characters as BBCode?
I've ran into that limitation on posts a couple of times.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:18:51 AM

Could it be the 4000 characters are counted as HTML, while you're counting characters as BBCode?

Hmm, I'm not sure (I'm no signature coder). My guy just made me a signature as normal and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that error popped up while he had done nothing out of the ordinary. But, I'll ask him  Grin

lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:21:52 AM

If it is, the next step might be disabling signature campaigns which pay their participants in altcoins or tokens (not Bitcoin). After all, the last step might be disabling all signature campaign, but I guess we might not see such action in coming months. I saw post quality changed positively, and forum users tend to be more constructive. For spammers, they already get perma-bans or nukes, and will be get such punishments more.
I am still waiting for activation of reporter badges, that are another motivation to eliminate bad posters.
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 11:36:45 AM

Also wondering what the motivation behind this move is, theymos? One step closer to eliminating signature campaigns?  Cheesy
I wouldn't conclude yet if the forum wanted to end it they would not start by reducing the limit.

Probably it's too maintain a sizeable signature. Alot of reasons can ignite this change but not elimination of signature campaign
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:06:00 PM

If it is, the next step might be disabling signature campaigns which pay their participants in altcoins or tokens (not Bitcoin). After all, the last step might be disabling all signature campaign, but I guess we might not see such action in coming months. I saw post quality changed positively, and forum users tend to be more constructive. For spammers, they already get perma-bans or nukes, and will be get such punishments more.
I am still waiting for activation of reporter badges, that are another motivation to eliminate bad posters.

if that is going to take effect, rest assured that both the btc paying campaigns and the non btc paying campaigns will all be eliminated, there is no need leaving one side and eliminate the other Roll Eyes
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 01:06:05 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure (I'm no signature coder). My guy just made me a signature as normal and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that error popped up while he had done nothing out of the ordinary. But, I'll ask him  Grin
Since IEO is more commonly happening now slowly minimizing the need for wearing signature would most likely to happen. I do not really know what will going to happen since signature campaign in where most of it in those rewards through stakes and not fix rated are not profiting anymore due to the fact that ICO has no more becoming successful in the crypto market. So, wearing signature will only possible in those fix rated campaign that pays btc and strong altcoin.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 03:49:18 PM

There's been no change.

As always, line breaks = 6 bytes, and non-ASCII characters = 8 bytes.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 03:50:37 PM

There's been no change.

As always, line breaks = 6 bytes, and non-ASCII characters = 8 bytes.

Welp, my information was wrong then. Sorry!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: