Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Humility is garbage. You're too awesome for it.  (Read 5374 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 04:02:59 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 04:31:24 AM by ALPHA.

The whole idea that one must degrade herself and compromise on their principles to interact in society is bunk. Why can't one value herself and still value others? Why must it be a zero-sum equation? This whole dysfunctional idea of sacrifice is disturbing. Nobody should have to sacrifice nor be lower than others  in order to provide value or receive it. We should all hold ourselves valuable and celebrate our greatness mutually -- not in levels of greatness. We are not forever indebted to some false idea of a collective. We are our own individuals and we value and create value because we wish. We are scarce. We are valuable. Let's hold ourselves as such and not in shame through the common definition of humility.

Don't be limited. Be limitless. Be yourself and only yourself. There is never a justification for sacrifice. We are human beings, goddamn it. We should build each other up and hold everyone as great beings; we should never destroy others and especially ourselves.

Sacrifice is destruction. It doesn't only come to the detriment of you but the whole. It creates no wealth. So, hold yourself high. Retain your wealth, your value and only create!

YOU ARE VALUABLE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! DO NOT COMPROMISE ON THIS VALUE!

I am sick of the weak and spineless claiming otherwise. Man is mostly a rational and constructive human being. Don't even take my word for it. Look around you. We're the product of over 4 billion years of evolution and we have economies of scale that work through great and intricate marvels of decentralized engineering. It's amazing what we are experiencing right now.

WE ARE AWESOME AND SO ARE YOU.

There are parasites out there that want you and me weak. Let's build faster than they can destroy!

I dedicate this thread to the greatness that is man.

TO THE FUTURE. TO THE DAY WHEN WE ALL BECOME GODS!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Heinrich_fueger_1817_prometheus_brings_fire_to_mankind.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

Godhood is over-rated.

And God, more than any mortal embodies humility.

Guess that screws the pooch on this clever little bit of crib and quote.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:20:09 AM

*~*~*~*~*~STILL~~MISSING~~THE~~POINT~*~*~*~*~*
Primitive Caveman

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:10:38 AM

You get off on regurgitating this stuff, don't you Atlas?
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:15:25 AM

Serious question, not a troll. Atlas: have you ever spoken to a professional about your moods? You seem to veer from depression to delusions of grandeur on a regular basis.

I do not mean to diagnose someone over the internet but that reeks of bipolar disorder to me and if true you'd be far happier without the destructive highs and debilitating lows of BD.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:30:07 PM

Serious question, not a troll. Atlas: have you ever spoken to a professional about your moods? You seem to veer from depression to delusions of grandeur on a regular basis.

I do not mean to diagnose someone over the internet but that reeks of bipolar disorder to me and if true you'd be far happier without the destructive highs and debilitating lows of BD.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I suggest you begin to realize I know what's best for myself, my life and my body.
Bind

Activity: 385

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:30:07 PM

Because knowing beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are awesome is more than enough, unless you are insecure, and in fact, not awesome, thus have something to prove.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:36:18 PM

Because knowing beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are awesome is more than enough, unless you are insecure, and in fact, not awesome, thus have something to prove.

No, I realize my flaws. Very rarely do any of you have anything to offer in regards to that.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:48:27 PM

Flaws are nothing to be ashamed of. They should be accepted and improved upon proudly. We shouldn't be ashamed of the course of life.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

I proudly stand by the fact that humility is usually defined as self-debasement. People may claim its otherwise but that is not the case. Some say shame must be felt. They are wrong. I will remain proud of my life and all that I have done -- right or wrong -- until the day I die. Life is too short to waste energy on ones misfortunes, flaws and mistakes. I shall embrace them.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:01:27 PM

Godhood is over-rated.

Guess that screws the pooch on this clever little bit of crib and quote.

What kind of God debases himself and shames his character?  What kind of God never embraces his power and who he is? A worthless and sad one. How pointless. How sacrificial.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:05:33 PM

Hey Lord?

The sanctimonious twit you want to lay a fire and brimstone smite-down on? He's right up there ^.

Amen.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:07:49 PM

Hey Lord?

The sanctimonious twit you want to lay a fire and brimstone smite-down on? He's right up there ^.

Amen.

*crickets*
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:13:06 PM

I guess I always had a different definition... I try to not talk up how awesome I am (except right now Cheesy), and to show it instead by my actions. When I really AM awesome, it sounds a lot better coming from others. This doesn't shrink my enormous ego, but seems to go a long way with people.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:20:01 PM

I try to not talk up how awesome I am (except right now Cheesy), and to show it instead by my actions.

This is a virtue and I agree wholeheartedly. : )
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:11:33 PM

You know absolutely nothing about me. I suggest you begin to realize I know what's best for myself, my life and my body.
I'm not judging you. All I'm saying is that the OP screamed "manic episode!" at me.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:38:41 PM

I can tell you've never read the bible.

Well, I never read one that somebody would spell with a lower case "b", but that other one? With the capitalized "B"? Betcher ass I done read that one. Every day just afore my Daddy would take a switch to me and make damn sure I was humbled and repentant in front of the Lord.

Actually my whole purpose in posting was to fuck with this cretin's thread. I love watching bi-polar douche bags get all agitated. Nothing in finer than to watch the shallow end of the gene pool try to random associate their way towards meaning by using big words they don't understand.

deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 12:23:31 PM

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

The bible would do great as fuel.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Good thing so few of us live in Israel.

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Pretty much took care of that one on our own, can you say AIDS?

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Kept my sons on the straight and narrow. They do their fighting in bars where it is supposed to be done.

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Personally I treasure my woman enough to think this is a pretty darn good rule. Except for my ex-wife. You have her skanky ass, and for her, I would think this rule would apply.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Do you really have a problem with contract enforcement? It was right there when you signed the Covenant, quit trying to weasel out of it after the fact. You no like the Contract, you no sign the Contract.

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Well, duh! Obviously you don't want to be bumping nasties with virgins at her Dad's house, tap that action in the back seat of a car, or take her back to your place you cheap bastard! And clean the place up first too, she is giving you her maidenhead, the least you could do is sweep the old pizza boxes under the bed. And go steal a new roll of toilet paper, that would be a thoughtful touch.

The bible would do great as fuel.

For thought, for warmth or for debate? Where were you going with this?
rTech

Activity: 305

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:56:36 AM

LMAO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc&ob=av3e this says it Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: