Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Humility is garbage. You're too awesome for it.  (Read 5385 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 01:31:18 AM

"You're no individual. You're a shell; a means to an end. Feel free to be as such but you won't force me to play your game.

Heh and you define utilitarian resources such as energy as what makes life. You make me sick"

I'm happy.   Are you?

By the way...choice vs. "slavery" is a false dichotomy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 01:37:51 AM

"You're no individual. You're a shell; a means to an end. Feel free to be as such but you won't force me to play your game.

Heh and you define utilitarian resources such as energy as what makes life. You make me sick"

I'm happy.   Are you?

The cashier at the 7-11 always asked me that. I would sometimes be depressed as hell, with a migraine and the thought of suicide entering from every lobe. Despite all this I would always answer "I'm excellent. Always excellent." This wasn't to be courteous or not to be a burden -- it's genuine. I am always happy. I am always excellent. Nothing limits me nor my happiness for as long as I perceive; I take pleasure in it for I accept it as it is.

Anyways does it even matter? Why is my happiness so relevant to yours? You're a clingy one, aren't you? Oh I bet the women love you calling them at all hours of the day.

"We're one, Sarah! There's no such thing as an individual! You and me forever!"

"Personal space? Belongings! That's selfish!"

Heh.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 01:41:24 AM

By the way...choice vs. "slavery" is a false dichotomy

Sure, Mr. Joint. To you there is probably no such thing as choice because you bend over every time something wants to fuck you over and you call it "sacrifice".

"I want to do this! I like it up the butt and so should you!"

In the end, it's a matter of individual perception. To me freedom is retaining my will to value what I choose. I accept what I can't change.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:06:30 AM

Honestly, you did a very poor job at describing me.  Try again for double or nothing.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:18:48 AM

Honestly, you did a very poor job at describing me.  Try again for double or nothing.

Heh, I thought we were having a discussion here. I am sorry but I am not one of your girls. I don't help your self-esteem for free.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:28:05 AM

Heh, I thought we were having a discussion here. I am sorry but I am not one of your girls. I don't help your self-esteem for free.

You help people's self esteem for a fee then?
Value isn't just money.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:36:04 AM

You help people's self esteem for a fee then?
Value isn't just money.

A fee doesn't have to be just money either. You help people's self esteem for a fee?

I think what you meant to say was:

"I don't help people's self esteem unless I get something out of it."
Unremorsefully.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:41:46 AM

https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=unremorsefully

Heh.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:51:31 AM

I now say it is a word. Who is going to stop me?
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:52:54 AM

I found somebody else using it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:53:40 AM

I now say it is a word. Who is going to stop me?

Other literate individuals, at every single turn.
Unremorsefully.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:59:16 AM

I really don't care what you believe, Matthew. I will continue to unremorsefully use the word unremorsefully.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:16:12 AM

Remorselessly doesn't sound as good.
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 04:04:12 AM

Remorselessly doesn't sound as good.

Yea I thought that too. I don't know why it is that way to be honest, but it is.  Undecided

Maybe because you can say full, and fully, and it makes reasonable sense to say un-full, but not to say un-fully. Rather you would say "emptily".

What a pointless discussion. I'm glad to have participated.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 04:51:23 AM

Alpha, how bout I take a stab at describing you?  My guess is that through posting all of these grandiose opinions, which you undoubtedly choose to express in a medium where can't someone gaze back at that intent look in your eye and tell you where to shove your remorseless attitude, you gain a sense of purpose.  You're fighting for something, and it's a fight you must win.  To win is to be in control, and given that you openly discuss your discontent for a variety of things, it is no wonder you desire it.

Here's some language for you, Alpha.

The purpose of a purpose is to be purposeful according to whatever constitutes a purpose.
The purpose of life is to be purposeful according to whatever constitutes life.
The purpose of life is to live.

My purpose is being ever-fulfilled.  As such, I am content so long as there is no immediate threat to my purpose.  You, on the other hand, seem to be trying so hard to create your purpose.  You're right...you don't have time to be nice.  You have more important things to worry about.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:50:31 AM

That's all I bother to preserve in the end, to desire to preserve, if you will: Life. It seems other sentient things are the main things worth valuing in my life.. I don't do this out of religion or some other established cause. I certainly don't do this selflessly. I choose to love life because I choose to -- selfishly.

I don't bother desiring a purpose. It's insipid and artificial as a concept. I just do what makes me happy. Life and its long-term sustention makes me happy. I only attack things I view as anti-life.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:09:01 AM

That's all I bother to preserve in the end, to desire to preserve, if you will: Life. It seems other sentient things are the main things worth valuing in my life.. I don't do this out of religion or some other established cause. I certainly don't do this selflessly. I choose to love life because I choose to -- selfishly.

I don't bother desiring a purpose. It's insipid and artificial as a concept. I just do what makes me happy. Life and its long-term sustention makes me happy. I only attack things I view as anti-life.

Anti-life (death/destruction?) is as natural as life.  This is evident in nature as well.  Life gives rise to death, and death is evident all around you.  Not only is death all around you, but it sustains and gives rise to life.  For there to be life, there must be death.  Appreciating the good in anti-life assists in qualitative living, I find.

ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:12:26 AM

Anti-life (death/destruction?) is as natural as life.  This is evident in nature as well.  Life gives rise to death, and death is evident all around you.  Not only is death all around you, but it sustains and gives rise to life.  For there to be life, there must be death.  Appreciating the good in anti-life assists in qualitative living, I find.

I see you're trying to be zen. Mr. Joint, of course I am not attached to the idea of an ideal world. I am also a proponent of natural selection. However, I will assert my preference for life when it is called for.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:22:27 AM

I see you're trying to be zen. Mr. Joint, of course I am not attached to the idea of an ideal world. I am also a proponent of natural selection. However, I will assert my preference for life when it is called for.

You can prefer all you want.  Just don't be too disappointed if what happens isn't what you prefer. 
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:32:16 AM

You can prefer all you want.  Just don't be too disappointed if what happens isn't what you prefer. 

A truism of Buddhist philosophy; attachment to desire is suffering. Gotcha.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: