Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trust FB with your KYC details?  (Read 13764 times)
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:10:04 AM

This has been already have so much other information about you (KYC) and now they will have control over your wallet and how you transact with family, friends and others. And If anybody have the prospect about privacy, people will look for a payments processing messaging app that obscures payment detail.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bahlulfahrul

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:13:13 AM

I wouldn't. I don't think this coin will succeed! What do you think?

Kyc to open an account that was banned or hacked?  if that's me i don't want to do kyc on fb why?  because making a new account, it still works
Chinsmokers

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:48:21 AM

In my opinion this is way too irrelevant. Facebook company knows all the details about you already, don't forget, they hold most of your sensitive information and have access to them even without your permission. The question of whether to give them your ( KYC ) documents or not isn't really important. One can only hope that these information aren't used for something that can destroy your dignity as a crypto user.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:54:17 AM

KYC is simply mean know your customer, i believed every KYC made is a personal means of identification is a human or not, Hence, by implementing Facebook personal account into the company we also help for more direct message to the customer.
LiquorBan

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 12:45:05 PM

I do not have any problems with submitting kyc to the Facebook , the project but I really don't see their point of asking for kyc when they've almost all the data's they need in your Facebook account.  I surely that they would want to follow complaint and we will see how do they react to that.
Linkkoin

Merit: 88

Online Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 01:16:43 PM

I do not have any problems with submitting kyc to the Facebook , the project but I really don't see their point of asking for kyc when they've almost all the data's they need in your Facebook account.  I surely that they would want to follow complaint and we will see how do they react to that.

In most cases, they do not have yet your ID (but still, really often when opening a new account on FB you need to verify your ID to use the account)/card/utility bill. With this, your profile can be sold to advertising agencies to give you ads. Or imagine (foil hat mode on), that when gathering your data they can find out and decide that you are drinking too much of alcohol (as you buy alcohol and post photos of you drinking with friends) - and you will not be eligible for health insurance, car insurance available for you would cost 3x more than normally.

Online cryptocurrency exchange - https://linkkoin.com
Buy BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, LTC, XMR, REP, ETC, ZEC with credit/debit card
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:18:50 PM

I don't think you have anything else to hide as Facebook already have all your personal data but except I'd you are not on Facebook then you can be sceptical about them having access to your data

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:50:08 PM

No i wont, because facebook has several time lost their user database which are hijacked by someone.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:54:05 PM

There is no need they've already had our information all EVEN our data if you are very active on Facebook chances are you have delivered all your basic information to Facebook in a silver platter, so there is no need to undergo KYC.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Peanyut991

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:26:49 PM

Facebook doesn't need your KYC anymore. They already have your complete data, from names, addresses, families, blood types, favorite colors, schools, ideals, they have it all. And I think Libra is one of the drivers towards the digital economy era.

iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:29:25 PM

KYC is simply mean know your customer, i believed every KYC made is a personal means of identification is a human or not, Hence, by implementing Facebook personal account into the company we also help for more direct message to the customer.
seeing the application of cyc can possibly make security for each participant because it avoids things that are harmful and for the company or facebok can fully control the participants with cyc. so this is a positive thing and I believe
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:16:33 PM

If Facebook coin is able to prove its authenticity or legitimacy after proper research, then I see nothing wrong in giving out one's personal details to them for kyc. This is what I do for other projects too and yet I feel safe with them. Although, I have not done any research on Facebook coin and neither have I done it on their team and if I see it does not worth it, then I will not participate in it, let alone giving out my personal details.
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 06:22:26 PM

I believe that you won't be able to use this payment method, without processing in KYC process. The have already mentioned that they are going to be very strict with anonymity and will provide all the info if needed.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 11:40:35 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 12:03:25 AM by hirngespenst

Though Facebook has many bad records about the privacy breach but still I will do KYC there if I need to! Because I want to taste the Libra coin, so I assume without KYC, it will be not possible to use Libra Coin's feature. I spend my whole day in crypto and facebook because I trust them. Facebook is becoming very strict about fake profiles, but still, Facebook is not a safe place for everyone! They even accept fake KYC documents! 

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 11:50:43 PM

I think Facebook already have our personal information, supplying our kyc documents is only to double check it with our Facebook profiles.
The coin will succeed since Facebook is a trusted platform.

No, there are a lot of profile in FB are fake profile. KYC with Facebook platform is not trust. The only way I think good for ICO project in KYC is submitting passport, national ID and the selfie photo of yourself, it is secure for the ICO members and investors if they buy coins.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:06:03 AM

ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINKING ITS ABOUT TO THINK WITH LOGIC AND ANLYSIS EVERYTHING... ITS WILL BE HUGE FAILURE

99% people  here uneducated in simple things in life not talking about complex things which they far away from understanding this....but in order to answer you this so you will know what wait us in the future without predicting and be sure we need to dive deep from where bitcoin come...

LETS GO..
bitcoin come from peer to peer file sharing with twist called blockchain.
now why peer to peer file sharing(decentralized tech) was burn because before this there was centrelized tech which mean there was few main servers that hold all the info like movies,mp3,software and computers around the world was downloading from this main servers without be depending on each other, what happen is the governmnets pretty fast locate this servers and shut down them.

then people became more smart

and build decentralized=peer to peer file sharing which mean our private computers are the servers, for example computer A download from computer B and computer B upload something to computer Z and so on...

BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol, which means that the computers in a BitTorrent “swarm” (a group of computers downloading and uploading the same torrent) transfer data between each other without the need for a central server.

now the governmnet need to shut down more then 500 million private computers and its impossible ,,its called decentralized tech.

now bitcoin is peer to peer money and not file sharing compare to libra project which is centerlized tech and decentralized tech always win...

libra is not threat and will be huge failure for sure its stable coin.

stable coin its not investment its exchange nothing more because the price dont grow its like to exchange usd to euro nothing more but even more
libra stable coins its not real crypto stable coin its centralized and control by facebook ...real crypto its mean its peer to peer money and no central control exist and no body can lock your account or other shit

so fucking simple...

decentralized tech mixed with distributed tech will eat the entire system like peer to peer file sharing it cannot go the other way,
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:06:45 AM

Though Facebook has many bad records about the privacy breach but still I will do KYC there if I need to! Because I want to taste the Libra coin, so I assume without KYC, it will be not possible to use Libra Coin's feature. I spend my whole day in crypto and facebook because I trust them. Facebook is becoming very strict about fake profiles, but still, Facebook is not a safe place for everyone! They even accept fake KYC documents! 

99% people  here uneducated in simple things in life not talking about complex things which they far away from understanding this....but in order to answer you this so you will know what wait us in the future without predicting and be sure we need to dive deep from where bitcoin come...

LETS GO..
bitcoin come from peer to peer file sharing with twist called blockchain.
now why peer to peer file sharing(decentralized tech) was burn because before this there was centrelized tech which mean there was few main servers that hold all the info like movies,mp3,software and computers around the world was downloading from this main servers without be depending on each other, what happen is the governmnets pretty fast locate this servers and shut down them.

then people became more smart

and build decentralized=peer to peer file sharing which mean our private computers are the servers, for example computer A download from computer B and computer B upload something to computer Z and so on...

BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol, which means that the computers in a BitTorrent “swarm” (a group of computers downloading and uploading the same torrent) transfer data between each other without the need for a central server.

now the governmnet need to shut down more then 500 million private computers and its impossible ,,its called decentralized tech.

now bitcoin is peer to peer money and not file sharing compare to libra project which is centerlized tech and decentralized tech always win...

libra is not threat and will be huge failure for sure its stable coin.

stable coin its not investment its exchange nothing more because the price dont grow its like to exchange usd to euro nothing more but even more
libra stable coins its not real crypto stable coin its centralized and control by facebook ...real crypto its mean its peer to peer money and no central control exist and no body can lock your account or other shit

so fucking simple...

decentralized tech mixed with distributed tech will eat the entire system like peer to peer file sharing it cannot go the other way,
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:11:11 AM

Nowadays, I don’t see any danger from KOC, all this data, if necessary, can be received by the one who really needs it, but in themselves they present a minimum of danger, the worst thing that can be is that someone will come to your home with weapon.
P.S
My own opinion.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 12:46:28 AM

Nowadays, I don’t see any danger from KOC, all this data, if necessary, can be received by the one who really needs it, but in themselves they present a minimum of danger, the worst thing that can be is that someone will come to your home with weapon.
P.S
My own opinion.

KYC shouldn't be a problem. Large companies like Facebook certainly won't damage their reputation by selling our data and documents. KYC is a process part of following the government regulatory process to avoid money laundering or other criminal activities, so we don't need to worry

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 01:38:16 AM

There are so many fake accounts on Facebook that I didn't trust at all. The Facebook team should have to take a step where all the fake accounts will be deleted and this will only happen when KYC will be linked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: