Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you use a Facebook coin?  (Read 1105 times)
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 08:32:20 AM

I would use it if it gives benefits to use it. I don't trust Facebook too much, but if it makes things more convenient or gives actual bosuses then why not.. But definitely wouldn't hodl too much of such coin. Long term only BTC for the win  Cheesy But Facebook would find a lot of users who would use it anyways no matter what, because its fcb Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 07:50:11 AM

I would use it if it gives benefits to use it. I don't trust Facebook too much, but if it makes things more convenient or gives actual bosuses then why not..
Hope you meant bonus Tongue . Does anyone trust the banks while transacting, no one does but they will have all your private details but you can trust that they will do their best to secure your identity and that cannot be said with Facebook and their past practices.

But definitely wouldn't hodl too much of such coin. Long term only BTC for the win  Cheesy But Facebook would find a lot of users who would use it anyways no matter what, because its fcb Tongue
I do not think that facebook is coming up with any novel coins to hold for a long time. There are many legal issues they will be facing and despite that if they launch, they will try their luck for a few years and then i expect them to fold the project as if nothing happened  Cheesy.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 04:39:25 PM

as long as i need it, i'll use it.
People including me wanted blockchain adopted massively and this is one of the kind.

The publicity that the Libra coin will bring to bitcoin and cryptocurrency is the major benefit and not really the usage . Facebook is very popular with its networking and using it for crypto coin and fiat transaction will  create huge patronage for blockchain.
Anyway, I'm not a biff of Facebook, if I need to use the libra, I will.  Grin
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:19:45 PM

If it is a stablecoin and has limited investment value, I may buy some to use for my kids.   
They are always playing FB games so if it can be used as in-app currency it would be convenient to be able to keep my credit cards numbers out of my children’s phones. 
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 11:20:25 AM

If it is a stablecoin and has limited investment value, I may buy some to use for my kids.   
They are always playing FB games so if it can be used as in-app currency it would be convenient to be able to keep my credit cards numbers out of my children’s phones. 
I also wanted to say that. if we could use the facebook coin to buy in-site and in-app goods. such as advertisements. games than I'll definitely use that. also if there would be any opportunity to earn some coins by doing normal day life facebook activity, such as making posts, getting likes, sharing etc. then that would be a good reason to use that too.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 08:39:07 AM

Use or not later we will see how the direction of technological progress. because we certainly follow the developments that will occur later. all as needed. whether someone needs it or not. I myself whether it's made by Facebook or a new company that is clear when it provides convenience in my activities and no problems will certainly be used
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:11:58 PM

taking into account that major investors / players like Amazon, Visa, Master Card  have left Libra project I think the future of this project is very grim.
also feds have questions to telegram token and the the pressure they put on Libra might be links of one chain..
aTriz

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 02:01:49 PM

taking into account that major investors / players like Amazon, Visa, Master Card  have left Libra project I think the future of this project is very grim.
also feds have questions to telegram token and the the pressure they put on Libra might be links of one chain..

Bitcoin was not supported by anyone too. but still Bitcoin is today the biggest crypto currency. bitcoin even had less support as that was made by a completely unknown person (or group of people) but libra has a Giant (Facebook) behind it.
I don't think Libra need Vias, MasterCard or Amazon's help to be succeed.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:20:12 PM

I wouldn't use a Facebook coin, no. They are trying to take over crypto and make it a part of their corporate empire. No, definitely definitely not. Facebook just take over anything they see as a threat, and if they can't then they crush their competitors into the ground. I don't like them or trust them, and I wouldn't use their coin.
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 03:22:24 PM

My attitude is - no way!!

I don't use Facebook, and I don't like their lack of privacy and security. They seem to be talking about pegging the coin to a bunch of fiat currencies, and that is another big disincentive for me. I suspect we will start to see some government or banking based cryptos, and I'll probably end up using a couple of those alongside Bitcoin.

No way would I use a facebook created crypto.  They represent everything crypto is against.  No thanks.  And I agree we will probably see a decent amount of government based crypto, even at the local levels and as with fiat might end up using some of those at some point as well.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 04:14:37 AM

I would stick using bitcoin as my alternative payment and its decentralized than using their coin which i think will use my personal information before making a transaction since they rquired KYC which is not really good.

And some of their partners are leaving them which maybe because of the laws they need to regulate and adoptation.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 10:24:32 AM

So far I have only heard Facebook coins but I don't know the details, because I am not interested and now the news about Facebook coins is not as good as before it was released which I thought was very viral at the time, and until now I did not know its development.
I only use bitcoin which has been trusted for years to invest and as an alternative payment and decentralized, and there are still many differences and advantages of bitcoin besides being profitable compared to other coins or new coins.
aTriz

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 12:39:20 PM

So far I have only heard Facebook coins but I don't know the details, because I am not interested and now the news about Facebook coins is not as good as before it was released which I thought was very viral at the time, and until now I did not know its development.
the Facebook Coin is Called Libra. it's suppose to be a Stable Coin Like Tether (USDT) but I don't know about it's price if it'll be backed with US dollar or some other currency. the coin is not launched yet as Facebook want to complete all the regulations before launching.

I only use bitcoin which has been trusted for years to invest and as an alternative payment and decentralized, and there are still many differences and advantages of bitcoin besides being profitable compared to other coins or new coins.
using Bitcoin is good. but there are always doors for good projects. and facebook's libra coin will be a good project for sure. and it'll be very profitable as well . that's what I m thinking.
akmal1984

Activity: 1120
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 03:46:16 PM

I am a regular Facebook user. However, I have never made a transaction through Facebook. So until now I still have not thought about whether I would later use facebook coins. Maybe as a stable asset, the coins would be exchanged if Facebook later slipped the coins. But as a transaction tool in the Facebook community I am most likely not there.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 01:34:30 AM

not unless it's absolutely necessary. It's a stable coin. It is no different than any other censorable transaction. Paypal is easier.
akirasendo17

Activity: 1106
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 01:45:28 PM

ill probably get facebook coin as an investment , buy the coin in an ico or something, but I probably use bitcoin instead if libra or facebook coin, its too risky since the security of facebook has been breach leaking information to the wild imagine, trsutijg your money to someone who cannot take care of your information, its a no brainer,
UserU

Activity: 2016
Merit: 531

FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 03:28:38 PM

not unless it's absolutely necessary. It's a stable coin. It is no different than any other censorable transaction. Paypal is easier.

Calibra will just be another "situational" coin. After all those data breaches, that's one of the last coins I'd ever use.
YuSoDum

Activity: 164
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:34:44 PM

I don't think I will. There are pros and cons in my mind. It's good that there is more media and focus on crypto in general, but i feel a "facebook" coin defeats the purpose and ideology behind why crypto currency was invented to start with...
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:04:54 PM

My attitude is - no way!!

I don't use Facebook, and I don't like their lack of privacy and security. They seem to be talking about pegging the coin to a bunch of fiat currencies, and that is another big disincentive for me. I suspect we will start to see some government or banking based cryptos, and I'll probably end up using a couple of those alongside Bitcoin.

No way would I use a facebook created crypto.  They represent everything crypto is against.  No thanks.  And I agree we will probably see a decent amount of government based crypto, even at the local levels and as with fiat might end up using some of those at some point as well.

With high incidence of hacking into one's account on Facebook have totally defeat the idea of using a fcaebook coin. Yes it is possible for the Facebook to create a large awareness, but the insecurity couple with high cyber crime will leave many of the Facebook users with an impression that crypto currency is not a reliable currency that should be relied upon, when the negative effect of Facebook begin to affect bitcoin. That was why the Blockchain Technology was masterly design for bitcoin  as a crypto currency to maintain a high standard of digital currency.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 10:29:48 PM

Facebook has authority to ban every people if they find out some inconvinient behaviour (at their opinion). They will do the same with their centrilised coin. I don't wish to use Libra because it is faked cryptocurrency. It is not decentrilised, not anonymous and not trusted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: