Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it the end of Apple?  (Read 227 times)
TheWolf666 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 05:36:14 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I have posted that today at Medium

https://medium.com/@nicolas.choukroun/the-end-of-apple-7ff3c18b6879

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thom88

Activity: 75
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 09:39:32 AM

Look, I personally keep saying that apple will go where they came from faster than anyone could imagine. People laugh at me. Even now, and probaly on this very thread.

BUT be honest:

do you really believe that a company whos main revenue is from Hardware Sales (check their financials) and this hardware is not even produced by them has a reason to be such highly evaluated?
do you really believe that a company who has basically 1-3 products out there (ipad = iphone in different size) should be such highly evaluated?
do you really believe that apple delivers anything to the world that we truly need?

If you do, then we disagree.

I have said it many times: THE WORLD WOULD FORGET ABOUT APPLE IN AROUND 1 WEEK.
What does it mean? It means that if apple would stop RIGHT NOW (all their iOS would crash for good remote controlled) all their work, within 1 week everyone would have moved on.
Use a samsung phone, or any other phone (there is plenty), a lenovo laptop.

Why does this not stand with Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, any other serious tech company that doesn't just design a phone?

Microsoft for example has its foot in almost every business on this planet. Databases, Server OS, File Management, User Management, CRM, you name it and they have it.

A MS Dynamics on a MS cloud is way more likely to stay with microsoft even if they raise the prices by 20% or deliver a bad service. A SQL Server Database that cost 100k USD won't just be replaced that quickly.

Apple: If 1 phone is crap or would need a recall, apple is gone!

And anyone who comes now saying that macbooks are also great. WELL MACBOOKS SUCCESS CAME THRU THE IPHONE AND IPOD.
I challenge anyone to bring me one argument that speaks FOR a macbook and against any windows 10 laptop or Ubuntu laptop besides design.

TheWolf666 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 10:56:39 AM

I think that you nailed it... forget in one week, maybe not so, but a generation.

Look, I personally keep saying that apple will go where they came from faster than anyone could imagine. People laugh at me. Even now, and probaly on this very thread.

BUT be honest:

do you really believe that a company whos main revenue is from Hardware Sales (check their financials) and this hardware is not even produced by them has a reason to be such highly evaluated?
do you really believe that a company who has basically 1-3 products out there (ipad = iphone in different size) should be such highly evaluated?
do you really believe that apple delivers anything to the world that we truly need?

If you do, then we disagree.

I have said it many times: THE WORLD WOULD FORGET ABOUT APPLE IN AROUND 1 WEEK.
What does it mean? It means that if apple would stop RIGHT NOW (all their iOS would crash for good remote controlled) all their work, within 1 week everyone would have moved on.
Use a samsung phone, or any other phone (there is plenty), a lenovo laptop.

Why does this not stand with Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, any other serious tech company that doesn't just design a phone?

Microsoft for example has its foot in almost every business on this planet. Databases, Server OS, File Management, User Management, CRM, you name it and they have it.

A MS Dynamics on a MS cloud is way more likely to stay with microsoft even if they raise the prices by 20% or deliver a bad service. A SQL Server Database that cost 100k USD won't just be replaced that quickly.

Apple: If 1 phone is crap or would need a recall, apple is gone!

And anyone who comes now saying that macbooks are also great. WELL MACBOOKS SUCCESS CAME THRU THE IPHONE AND IPOD.
I challenge anyone to bring me one argument that speaks FOR a macbook and against any windows 10 laptop or Ubuntu laptop besides design.

shield132

Activity: 2212
Merit: 854

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 02:53:57 AM

To be fair it's still quite hard to give final answer on that question. USA knows that they aren't capable of as much improvement in techbology as china is. They saw danger from Huawei which offers high quality smartphones in low prices. Apple has great marketing, that's why they are still alive and marketing plays huge role. A lot of people buy iphone because of that apple logo, they don't care about functions. In some society if you own Iphone, you are fashionable and that's the result of their marketing which chinese companies luck. But also imagine china stopped producing of hardwares for applr, what will happen? Price of their products will skyrocket and sales will go down, even their marketing won't be capable of doing anything here because most part of society will choose low price/ high quality ratio over high price/low quality ratio.
techbill

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 06:54:21 AM

I remember when the iPod could now play video. I had no problems with Apple but it annoyed me the hype they were getting in the news channels because they described it as new, revolutionary, but I had seem so many better products here in the US.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1246

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 12:39:50 PM

Apple is mostly all about the brand and nothing else really, the underlying technology isn't their own idea but what they do is create it in such a way that it becomes Marketable at a very high price, mostly apple phones are basically for the rich, even though the benefits are also inherent in other phones with less prices.
But I do not think they'll go extinct, more thought will be brought in with different ideas to create something else that'll be catchy.
It's obvious the US can't come close to China in the aspect of technology, they can only actually buy their idea, which is in itself a smart, smart move.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 12:41:52 PM

But also imagine china stopped producing of hardwares for applr, what will happen? Price of their products will skyrocket

Apple prices are already skyrocketed; it's not normal to pay over a thousand Euro/Dollar for a phone. If something similar to that were to happen, they would either move their production factories to a thrid world country; cut their benefits a bit (say from 800/phone to 400/phone) and life would still go on.
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:59:54 PM

I do not think so, because this is a global company that will be at the top for a long time. At the moment, apple is a leader in the quality and reliability of mobile devices and not only, it seems to me in the near future there will be another push on their side and something really new will appear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: