Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Libra's Fee is Your Privacy  (Read 316 times)
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:46:05 PM

I don’t really understand why so much criticism about Facebook libra coin
Literally, Facebook has everyone personal details family lines as well as chat history m
Which means Facebook can decide to read through your chats

So libra coin isn’t gonna expose your privacy, Facebook didn’t privatize your information to begin with

of course libra will not expose our privacy,,
but for me this project will be a centralized cryptocurrency,
and thats not good because the basic reason why cryptocurrency born is to make a fair system for all, wich called decentralized my friend

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:47:19 PM

Someone please convince me that Facebook isn't going to analyze every transaction being made between family, friends and users. I think it's fair to us to have our privacy protected. They already know everything else about us and now they will have our spending habits?

David Chaum who is a OG cypherpunk and privacy advocate wrote to Mark early on asking if he could help with any future projects regarding privacy yet Mark didn't even respond. Instead David has set out to create his own privacy payments and messaging platform coined Elixxir.

Looking forward to seeing how both of these projects play out and how people choose privacy over none.

There is no assurance that our transactions are not going to monitored even if government need something fcebook will give all the details about transactions so there is no privacy at all so just choose a decentralized if you want to maintain your privacy.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 02:16:04 AM

Someone please convince me that Facebook isn't going to analyze every transaction being made between family, friends and users. I think it's fair to us to have our privacy protected. They already know everything else about us and now they will have our spending habits?

David Chaum who is a OG cypherpunk and privacy advocate wrote to Mark early on asking if he could help with any future projects regarding privacy yet Mark didn't even respond. Instead David has set out to create his own privacy payments and messaging platform coined Elixxir.

Looking forward to seeing how both of these projects play out and how people choose privacy over none.

I cannot convince you since facebook has leak incident.
If our privacy can't be protected anymore, then using cryptocurrency will become uneasy.
Some crypto coins are private/anonymous, there is no point for using platform that cannot protect our privacy.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 02:37:13 AM

you must becareful with Libra.
i don't know but i see the something wrong there, maybe it is just my feeling but i really don't like it.
just take a research first before you start invest in LIBRA.

May I know what do you see why you give that warning to us?
Libra is just a stable coin, for me it will not be a threat to bitcoin or any altcoins in the market that has volatility.

In terms of growth, I guess Libra would really be a big help to boost the crypto market, if they'll launch successfully, I'm expecting more will welcome them that those who have doubts on them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 11:42:55 AM

I don't think the information they will be getting from people's usage of Libra coin is something they will be sharing out. They are only going to be using it for their adverts. Just like I have seen people say, they will use the coin to know what you're purchasing, the things you like purchasing often and when you purchase them. And with information like that, they will know how to properly target their ads to you, so that you can get ads that will interest you at the right moment when you will be needing them. I don't know if I'm giving any information to them. Even on my Facebook account, I didn't give any information about myself apart from age and name..
katerina5643

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:46:21 PM

hey , everyone. recently i have found an interesting thread regarding this discussion. You can check it following the link.
Bananington

Activity: 1456
Merit: 364

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 02:05:53 PM

Many concerns have been raised with regards privacy seeing that Libra launch is coming.  Well, we already know Facebook has been accused severally of privacy leaks, but let's analyse this in two different Views.  View 1: privacy protection is cool but facebook hasn't really been up and doing in this regard.  VIEW 2: Libra will enhance mainstream adoption because many people will get to use crypto.  So summarily, LIBRA  is a welcome development since what we need most in crypto space is adoption, without which crypto is going no where. 

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀