Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitify Escrow is Scam | bitify.com  (Read 434 times)
SoftLab (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:48:33 PM

Hi everybody,

I'd like to bring up a case where Bitify's (Bitify.com) team performs scams and their escrow is worthless.

I purchased a PHP script from a new vendor without feedbacks and of course I used Bitify's escrow service to protect myself from the possibility that the script is not working and the seller is trying to take my money.
After several attempts to install the script, including one attempt of the seller who claims to be the developer of the script even though he did not know the installation settings I asked to cancel the order and get the refund. I've received an automated email from the bitify team confirming the refund request including an update that if the seller does not approve the refund request or responds to the request I will automatically receive the refund within 72 hours!

The application was opened on 3/1 and since then there has been no response from the bitify team, I sent them 3-4 emails requesting an update regarding the refund request and I have not received any response yet.

I attach images that prove that Bitify.com is making SCAM on buyers! They took my money and did not answer!

Link to images: https://imgur.com/a/dyMmWLo

Until this day they did not reply to any of my messages and did not approve the refund request

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FleurTunisienne

Activity: 265
Merit: 14

Nina

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:27:57 PM

According to the evidence that you didn't receive any response from support or receive the refund, this can be described as a confirmed scam. [I haven't seen a lot of complaints about Bitify at all.]
But i found a similar case where bitify solved the case after several days.
I think you have to check it : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4617764.0

If the problem persist, please move this thread to Scam Accusations board; The move command is in the left down of this page.

Call me "SAW"
SoftLab (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:34:29 PM

In the meantime, five days have passed without an answer, and they still have not responded to my request and of course have not made the refund
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:54:30 PM

In the meantime, five days have passed without an answer, and they still have not responded to my request and of course have not made the refund
I guess you have to wait a bit longer, as the thread above seems he/she solve his/her problem for something 2 weeks or more of waiting from bitify. So please consider to wait until they respond and refund you.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 05:49:45 PM

Lets try to read their FAQ.

Escrow Refunds:
In the event that they have not received or are not satisfied with their purchase, buyers can submit refund request to Bitify and ask for a refund of their Bitcoin/Litecoin. At this point sellers are sent a notification of the buyers request for a refund, and the following refund process occurs:

Buyers are expected to give sellers a minimum of 72 hours to deliver the item before they ask for a refund.
Sellers are given 72 hours to respond to a refund request, to either Agree to it or Dispute it.
If the seller agrees to the refund, buyers are immediately refunded their coins.
If the seller disputes refund, our escrow team will intervene and arbitrate the dispute. At this point we will normally ask both the buyer and the seller to provide further evidence to support their claims, before making a decision.
If the seller does not respond within the 72 hour time-frame to either agree or dispute the refund request, we will normally determine in favour of the buyer and action a refund.
Once evidence is received from both parties, Bitify will use this, along with other information sources such as account history, feedback, prior sales, private messages etc in order to make a decision as to who should receive the funds from escrow.
By selling or buying good using our escrow service, you agree that Bitify reserves the right to use its own judgement an any and all means at their disposal in order to arbitrate a refund request and reach a final decision.
Escrow refund decisions are final and can not be overturned.

It should have been settled already.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:09:09 PM

Don’t panic. It is true that Bitify responds a bit slowly to tickets and emails, but there’s really not much else you can do except wait- panicking’s not going to do you any good in this situation. I recall a thread from last summer I posted in also stated that Bitify’s escrow was ineffective (click here), but the problem was resolved a bit over a week later. Give it some time and I’m sure Bitify will get back to you soon.
SoftLab (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

Once bitify.com indicate that within 72 hours the refund should be received automatically so it should be, it's my money and I deserve to receive it on time
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:30:33 AM

Hi everybody,

I'd like to bring up a case where Bitify's (Bitify.com) team performs scams and their escrow is worthless.

I purchased a PHP script from a new vendor without feedbacks and of course I used Bitify's escrow service to protect myself from the possibility that the script is not working and the seller is trying to take my money.
After several attempts to install the script, including one attempt of the seller who claims to be the developer of the script even though he did not know the installation settings I asked to cancel the order and get the refund. I've received an automated email from the bitify team confirming the refund request including an update that if the seller does not approve the refund request or responds to the request I will automatically receive the refund within 72 hours!

The application was opened on 3/1 and since then there has been no response from the bitify team, I sent them 3-4 emails requesting an update regarding the refund request and I have not received any response yet.

I attach images that prove that Bitify.com is making SCAM on buyers! They took my money and did not answer!

Link to images:

Until this day they did not reply to any of my messages and did not approve the refund request

I've used them before, and the transactions went through without issues. That was some time ago though, and there was no dispute.

I wouldn't say that they are a scam simply because they still haven't processed your refund yet, but it is very unprofessional and goes against their promises if they advertise their platform as protecting both the buyers and sellers, but do not actually do anything within the specified timeframe if anything does go wrong with the transaction and a dispute is launched.

The fact that they are unresponsive on their support is also unacceptable. They are getting paid fees on the purchase for a reason.

For now, I'd continue to send them support tickets on a daily basis to keep reminding them that this case is still active even if they don't respond. But in the future, I'd definitely only use them as a last resort if forum ecrows are not available. Forum escrows on bitcointalk are much more active, and more communicative. Perhaps they are still undecided on the case given that the product was provided to you (but it obviously doesn't work) and the seller didn't flat out scam you, but it still doesn't warrant them being unresponsive.
SoftLab (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:23:52 AM

Until this moment I have not received my refund, their service is bad and there is no doubt that next time the selection in bitify will only be if I have no other choice

Seller does not respond to my messages nor to the support team's messages. My money is stuck! Do not trust Bitify because when you need them you will not get the service you paid for
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 03:56:11 PM

Sorry to hear that but the service is registered in Australia and has a good reputation.
Once bitify.com indicate that within 72 hours the refund should be received automatically so it should be, it's my money and I deserve to receive it on time
This rule will be canceled if the seller does not agree to the request to return the money to you then an investigation will be opened regarding your case.

All you have to do is provide more evidence and will respond to your request before the end of 30 days.

The investigation takes time because the product you purchased is software, you had to make a clear agreement with the seller before the request, such as if the seller did not respond within 24 hours the contract will be canceled, the correspondence must be made through the personal messages at that site.
If there is a rule like "refund money if the software is not installed" it would be refunded to you in a short time.

Do not be hasty, give all the evidence in a clear and vague way, add messages "PM" between you and the seller and solve your problem.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:42:08 PM

I never had a problem using Bitify and I have purchased many things on their website.  As long as you only deal with reputable sellers you should be fine.  If the situation is escalated to a dispute it may get messy and it is up to a third party to decide which is the same as using ebay or Amazon.
SoftLab (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 02:23:30 PM

Until now the refund has not yet been received despite all the explanations given to the bitify support team.

My recommendation is to stay away from bitify and use them only if you have no choice and you have checked all the network that can not obtain the product
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:44:22 PM

From my experience bitify management solves this type of cases manually with listening to both party and you don't have choice except waiting. Maybe bitify.com  waits for seller's reply to refund request and they will review this case. This is good reason to use always escrow service but it is usually paid by buyer.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:50:35 PM

I understand your loss. But i think you need to wait few more days because from last december onwards holidays started everywhere
and I think they might be having many emails to reply. It may take another 7 days for everything to get back in normal
working state. Even after 7 days you didnt get any reply from them then please open a thread in the scam accusation area.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
chegueva

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:50:20 PM

I used bitify many times and i'v never had any issues with it. but i guess shit happens no matter huh. gotta stay away
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 07:03:27 AM

Until now the refund has not yet been received despite all the explanations given to the bitify support team.
Has your issue been resolved? I mean it's been a long time without updating your topic.
This site is considered one of the most important "Bitcoin & litecoin" escrow sites. The company is also registered.
If this problem is not resolved, open a Scam Accusations against them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hardymatt

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:11:03 AM

Hi,
You're not alone to figure out bitify is a scam.

I bought a script from bitify escrow too.
it doesn't work, on the same day, there's some patches in the server.
guess that's why it can't work.
i request the seller to refund.

seller says ok after a day of testing back his own script.

i subsequently receive an email that my refund is rejected.
& i further spoke to the seller, seller says his escrow is already refunded & send me image of his escrow status.

but bitify deny the refund on my side.

so now, both me & seller doesn't get the bitcoin.

just a free bitcoin for a scam site.

do not buy or sell in there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: