Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing the fan on the graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5770  (Read 9564 times)
SolomonVR (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:36:50 PM

Replacing the fan on the graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5770
English - not the native language, the translation of Google.
In short. Began to crack the fan on the graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5770 512Mb Sapphire
A week went on the noise. Then as it subsided. I connect my computer to this monitor, the temperature is normal, there is no noise. But miracles do not happen. After 3 hours, the temperature started to rise, the fan is barely spinning, video card is disabled.
Slowly trying to find the original, but all muffled. Buying unknown, with a robust, it will fit on my card did not want.
So there was a sudden stop, fan replacement is not bought. Had to put something that was out. Useful purchased in chip and fan dipe
For several years he bided his time. Very quiet fan. Previously, they were put on the processors.
Proceed to surgery. The patient.

The culprit operations FD8015H12S

Forum https://bitcointalk.org same fans are on the cards and HD5850 also quickly fail.
Donor AC009 Aerofans-UV Size 80x80x25. 22,9 CFM, 21, dBA

He must break out of the fan with the motherboard. And how to fix it on the radiator of sapphire. Useful purchased several years ago on a piece of thin fiberglass Juno. He cut out a square the size of mounting the fan.

Of course, the square of the radiator covers, but is a necessary sacrifice to secure the. The new fan glued to break in antennae, and the reliability of soldered wire to the jumper. If we glue will not hold at high temperatures, they will not allow the fan to fall. It turns a double lock, dual reliability.
Photos are not, because they do not obtain a normal photograph.
It remains the most important thing - the power connector. I hated to cut it. Came to the rescue of the player of Playboy. His battery was connected to the motherboard connector is so. Even the polarity coincided.
Collecting the entire structure.

The operation was successful. A soldier in the ranks again. Since the fan was on the thickness of its original size, it extends from the casing to 9mm.
Attention! Who dare to repeat the operation. Information. Fans for video cards start to work at a lower voltage than conventional hull. Can such a situation, that no load on the graphics card fan will stop, and then abruptly started. Therefore, if there is a possibility to choose the one that will start with minimal stress.

Tell us about your success stories replace the video card cooling fan.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 04:22:58 PM

Nice job, it now look even better.
(even the girl on the card seems to like it.)  Cheesy

Since all Sapphire fan have this problem, I'd add Sapphire in the title of your post.

how long did it ran before breaking ?

I'll post picture of my 5 modded sapphire fan once I find the time.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 07:26:33 PM

How are your temperatures now? I have a sapphire 5850 that uses the same fan (or at least looks a lot like it), and it has a design that seems created specifically for blowing air sideways, rather than only down. I had already wondered how well or how  bad a traditional fan would work in there, so did you notice any increase or decrease in temperatures? Noise?

SolomonVR (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:28:22 PM

Previously, when mining always kept around 87 ... 89S. Mining is working around the clock. There are small breaks in the fall of the pool, or to restart the company. This video card has fulfilled 5 months around the clock. Has already degraded from 960MHz to 910MHz. (Factory-850MHz) The temperature was slightly lower, the noise was less. Now this is the quietest of all the complexes.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:34:22 PM

Previously, when mining always kept around 87 ... 89S.

Has already degraded from 960MHz to 910MHz.

You are killing it. Electromigration is eating your card. If you overvolt, stop it. And try to keep them cooler if you want them to last. 87C is really too much for 24/7.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: