Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Oregon is a Fascist State?  (Read 133 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 06:54:01 AM

Recently the governor of Oregon ordered the arrest of several Republican senators in order to force the required quorum in order to force a vote. What do you think this indicates about the direction the US government is heading?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUmwDVg7eU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 10:56:48 PM

Recently the governor of Oregon ordered the arrest of several Republican senators

Sometimes people let their emotions do all the decision making. She's desperate to get something done and had to use force. In the end the voters will decide if she has the moral character to continue.

I would go a step further and say that this person needs to learn how to communicate better or she will be replaced.

She "had to" use force? Why did she have to? Is not the point of having representatives that they represent their constituency? What gives her the right to unilaterally bypass that?
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:02:20 PM

I don't know what laws they have there but is she even allowed to do that? I mean these are senators and they're supposed to be in a separate branch from the governor right?

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 12:16:28 PM

I don't know what laws they have there but is she even allowed to do that? I mean these are senators and they're supposed to be in a separate branch from the governor right?

I am pretty sure it is not legal, but some one will have to take it to court to get anything done about it.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:00:55 AM

I am pretty sure it is not legal, but some one will have to take it to court to get anything done about it.

A basic tenant of contract law is that duress is not a part of a valid contract. The senators are paid for their work some $93,000 per year.

No more need be said.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: