Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Storecoin zero-fee payments and p2p cloud computing platform  (Read 1221 times)
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:15:16 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2019, 05:48:21 PM by storecoindev

Do you mine bitcoins? The Storecoin public blockchain will let you mine datacoins next.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joalated

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 04:08:03 PM

Great to see you have been listed on icodrops, that's a good sign
Data market size is really huge and keeps on growing - hope you will take part of this pie soon

wirenos

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:49:20 PM

Great to see you have been listed on icodrops, that's a good sign
Data market size is really huge and keeps on growing - hope you will take part of this pie soon

just googled forecast of the data market by 2022
http://go.451research.com/2018-04-Total-Data-market-projected-146bn-by-2022.html
not bad indeed Smiley
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:29:04 PM

See Storecoin Cloud for some of our researches in the areas of data privacy and security when data is traded or shared. We believe that just government regulations such as the EU's GDPR are not sufficient to safeguard data privacy. We need an infrastructure where sensitive information is identified in the context of the app data and then encrypted at rest and anonymized when accessed. If we can do that successfully, valuable data can be represented by datacoins and traded without the fear of invasion of privacy or data leaks.

- Storecoin Team.
Filatenw

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:47:43 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2019, 08:24:15 PM by Filatenw

Love the fact the team has chosen MTO. Milestone token offerings are only for the guys that have balls
gaerisk

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:12:05 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 06:26:22 PM by gaerisk

Did I understand correctly that the Commission for payments within the system will be zero? It's not profitable for the platform itself, or I do not know something?

Yeah more and more MTOs are coming to the market. Quite a good alternative for IEOs
Gubkat

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:58:49 PM

Did I understand correctly that the Commission for payments within the system will be zero? It's not profitable for the platform itself, or I do not know something?

Yeah more and more MTOs are coming to the market. Quite a good alternative for IEOs
If I see IEO not on Binance, I just pass it. No more games like that anymore. MTOs are much safer than classic ICOs or STOs or IEOs (not on Binance).
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:26:21 AM

If I see IEO not on Binance, I just pass it. No more games like that anymore. MTOs are much safer than classic ICOs or STOs or IEOs (not on Binance).
I am also a supporter of MTOs, but do not believe everyone, before you invest in the project is to study it carefully.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:50:04 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2019, 08:22:46 PM by Filatenw

I am also a supporter of MTOs, but do not believe everyone, before you invest in the project is to study it carefully.

MTO is much less risky than ICO or IEO, at least you see personally the development of the project in which you invest, and not just promises.
gaerisk

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:14:51 PM

MTO is much less risky than ICO or IEO, at least you see personally the development of the project in which you invest, and not just promises.
I have already met many promising projects, but they have one problem, which is security. I would like to understand in detail the security system Storecoin Smiley
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 03:14:10 PM

Storecoin, with early backing from Ari Paul of BlockTower and more, is launching its long-awaited Milestone Token Sale (MTO)

Storecoin — a zero-fee payments and p2p cloud computing platform with early backing from Ari Paul of BlockTower, Full Tilt Capital, Matt Ocko, AlphaBit Fund, Ari Nazir of Neural Capital, and more — is launching its long-awaited Milestone Token Offering. This global Regulation D and Regulation S securities offering aims to bring over 500 new wallets and up to $4.97 Million of Treasury into the project.

Register at https://sale.storecoin.com/.
Please visit Milestone Token Sale announcement for more details.

storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 03:22:16 PM

Miners (we call them dWorkers for "decentralized workers") on Storecoin are paid with a low annual inflation of $STORE tokens in the form of block rewards for securing the payment transactions. This removes the need for a transaction fee as a form of compensation to dWorkers.
Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 03:31:29 PM

This coin has been developing a long time, right? I'll be trying to get some through these weeks. You could soon facilitate this interaction.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 04:05:10 PM

I have already met many promising projects, but they have one problem, which is security. I would like to understand in detail the security system Storecoin Smiley

There are two aspects to the security system — a) security in the consensus layer, b) economic security. Most projects talk about the former and not much about the latter. We believe that economic security is equally important because if there are economic incentives to cheat, people will cheat. We have captured our research around security on our site on BlockfinBFT, Storecoin's BFT consensus algorithm. Specifically, you may be interested in the following.

1. Storecoin compares practical security implications of Algorand's BFT consensus algorithm with BlockfinBFT — https://news.storecoin.com/news/storecoin-compares-practical-security-implications-if-algorand-bft-consensus-algorithm-with-blockfin
2. Trustlessness and security in Storecoin — https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ak8JTLbuha6kngAW4pNeFVKSVAqDF0zauApiSkHYc6g/edit#slide=id.g4959126e67_0_0

- StorecoinDev

Filatenw

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:47:35 AM

Guys, did you see their CTO?! He worked as a cloud infrastructure engineer in Apple! It inspires confidence
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 12:04:44 PM

You mean zero-fee payment or near zero-fee? And what types of date you mean? I know several projects about Data, and no one of the didn't deliever nothing for last 2 years (
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 02:38:32 PM

Guys, did you see their CTO?! He worked as a cloud infrastructure engineer in Apple! It inspires confidence
Hm... To be honest, I don't like iCloud, I think it is inconvenient to use. But maybe this is because of bad UX/UI.
Gubkat

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 07:03:56 PM

He worked in Apple only one year, didn't he? Why did he quit?
gaerisk

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:43:23 AM

I don't know... But it is more interesting that he has 5-year experience in Cisco WebEx as frontend architecture. I hope he will use his knowledge Grin Grin
Filatenw

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 03:48:45 PM

I don't know... But it is more interesting that he has 5-year experience in Cisco WebEx as frontend architecture. I hope he will use his knowledge Grin Grin
Bad design and technological issues aren't the same thing and it wasn't his  area of responsibility so I don't understand your claim
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:51:03 PM

Bad design and technological issues aren't the same thing and it wasn't his  area of responsibility so I don't understand your claim
This is interview with CEO and CTO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptz7ewk9Cs
I think they can create a successful project
Gubkat

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:35:44 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:18:28 PM by Gubkat

I don’t understand why tokens which backed by data is more stable than tokens which backed by USD or a basket of global currencies..
gaerisk

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:21:14 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:22:28 PM by gaerisk

Where all data will be stored? Will you use local HDDs of all users participating in the network or something yet?
platform release is scheduled only for 2023, the cryptocurrency market is too unstable to make such distant forecasts, IMHO
Filatenw

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:55:21 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:26:42 PM by Filatenw

I don’t want this project to become popular in order to avoid competition with other buyers
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:23:40 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:24:50 PM by Valeriiko

So where to buy storecoins?
Gubkat

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:21:58 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:20:30 PM by Gubkat

Hm... To be honest, I don't like iCloud, I think it is inconvenient to use. But maybe this is because of bad UX/UI.
Go via link https://sale.storecoin.com
gaerisk

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:51:43 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:23:00 PM by gaerisk

Cool project and great team but there are many competitors in this area. What are the unique features of Storecoin?
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:53:23 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:25:23 PM by Valeriiko

Cool project and great team but there are many competitors in this area. What are the unique features of Storecoin?

See page 9 in Lite paper https://storecoin.com/litepaper
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:13:11 AM

Where all data will be stored? Will you use local HDDs of all users participating in the network or something yet?

We published the details about the Storecoin Platform — the whys, whats and hows — in our Litepaper. It's a bit longer to read in one sitting, but the first 5 pages should give you a quick overview of our approach to decentralized cloud.

All the user data (created by tokenized apps) is stored encrypted on Storecoin storage nodes called, Messagenodes. See the "Privacy and de-identification protocol" in the paper for more details.

- StorecoinDev.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:24:24 AM

Interesting project, but talking about clouds, I think about safety of data and that's the question - will my files be encrypted in Storecoin?

We published the details about the Storecoin Platform — the whys, whats and hows — in our Litepaper. It's a bit longer to read in one sitting, but the first 5 pages should give you a quick overview of our approach to decentralized cloud.

Specifically:

Data privacy and security is critical to Storecoin's existence. The question we attempt to answer is — can we ensure data privacy and security even when sensitive information is traded? See the "Privacy and de-identification protocol" in the paper and the protocol details for how we address this problem.

- StorecoinDev.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:34:28 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 12:26:14 PM by Filatenw

A lot of data-related projects are successful and I hope it is one off them
Gubkat

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:16:26 PM

All social networks collect data about users and some of them use an artificial intelligence (don’t forget about scandal with Facebook). That’s why I don’t have accounts in Facebook. However, I consider this project as a possible investment
Filatenw

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:27:24 PM

All social networks collect data about users and some of them use an artificial intelligence (don’t forget about scandal with Facebook). That’s why I don’t have accounts in Facebook. However, I consider this project as a possible investment

Very interesting diagram “Sound Money with non-compounding inflationary monetary policy”. The most funniest that they consider a 1000 year period 😂 This is a real strategic planning!
gaerisk

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 04:27:56 PM

well i'm in the telegram group. I believe that this project has a future so best of luck to you!
Filatenw

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:44:11 AM

This project is strongly associated with politics. But in many countries, crypto is prohibited. I do not believe in this project
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:35:54 PM

This project is strongly associated with politics. But in many countries, crypto is prohibited. I do not believe in this project
I do not agree. Crypto has been developing steadily over the years and the largest democracies support this movement.
Gubkat

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:42:14 PM

I do not agree. Crypto has been developing steadily over the years and the largest democracies support this movement.
If this project will be used in the elections, it will be a real democracy!
gaerisk

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:06:53 AM

Your token should be named as Votecoin 😜
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:51:03 AM

It is a good project. Data is a really great use case for blockchain technology. That is why I think it will succeed in.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:44:27 AM

Maybe they have government support? Then there are questions about the fairness of the counting of votes
Gubkat

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:32:09 PM

Read this info from LP: Storecoin governance institutes “one entity, one vote”, which prevents an adversary with a disproportionately large stake in the network asserting disproportionately large voting power. Any questions?
gaerisk

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:55:29 PM

Read this info from LP: Storecoin governance institutes “one entity, one vote”, which prevents an adversary with a disproportionately large stake in the network asserting disproportionately large voting power. Any questions?
I think that the Know Your Voter process is too complicated to implement. The main problem is here: “One entity, one vote” mandates verified identities of all voters, which typically requires a centralized identity verifier to certify voter identities.
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 12:42:01 PM

Yeah, how can we give a KYV for each voter of big country, for example USA, China or Russia?
Filatenw

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 06:21:16 PM

Yeah, how can we give a KYV for each voter of big country, for example USA, China or Russia?
I’ve read a Litepaper and it looks like a comprehensive project, I want to invest it a little. Storecoin has a lot of potential
Gubkat

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:02:28 PM

to my regret, even after visiting your site, I didn't get information about what your main goal is and how you will achieve it Undecided Undecided
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:06:11 PM

I see a lot of projects focusing attention on data. Data is a really good use case for blockchain technology. But I am not sure that all such projects will present viable product. What are advantages of this project?
gaerisk

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:15:20 PM

I see a lot of projects focusing attention on data. Data is a really good use case for blockchain technology. But I am not sure that all such projects will present viable product. What are advantages of this project?
I see the main advantages in zero-fee payments, a decentralized p2p cloud computing platform and a protocol for app developers to mint their own cryptographic tokens
Filatenw

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 07:20:17 AM

I like both the project and the team very much. Wish you all good luck and I am sure this project will be a success! 😊
Gubkat

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 09:44:17 AM

I like both the project and the team very much. Wish you all good luck and I am sure this project will be a success! 😊
As people living in 21 century, we have become the tools to collect data through our actions, behaviors and movements.
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

Did you see this review from Ivan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ksYMBu0CHE
gaerisk

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:59:01 PM

Why some people call Storecoin the next Bitcoin 3.0?
Filatenw

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:12:15 AM

I got acquainted with Storecoin at the CoinAgenda Conference, hi Chris!
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:40:28 PM

I don’t understand why tokens which backed by data is more stable than tokens which backed by USD or a basket of global currencies..

This is not about stability. Tokens backed by USD or a basket of global currencies have their own use cases. If data is the new oil we believe that it can be tokenized. Think of every piece of *valuable* data having its own private key. If data is indeed valuable, the resulting datacoins will be valuable too. This is in contrast to ERC20 tokens, which are not backed by anything (except for the future deliverables by the team) and hence they are mostly speculative. Our Litepaper describes these concepts in detail.

- Storecoindev
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:42:41 PM

So where to buy storecoins?

Storecoin website

- Storecoindev
Gubkat

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:46:35 PM

Data explosion is a real problem and seems like this process will not stop.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:54:30 PM

I think that the Know Your Voter process is too complicated to implement. The main problem is here: “One entity, one vote” mandates verified identities of all voters, which typically requires a centralized identity verifier to certify voter identities.

KYV will be a complex process (not from the voter's perspective, but the implementation), but we believe that it is necessary to remove any dependence on a centralized entity to make decisions. See this paper for verifying identity as a social intersection. "Decentralization" means different things to different people and the meaning changes from one context to another. The question is, how can you start the process of decentralization without a (even semi-) centralized decision making process? We believe KYV is one such answer.

- Storecoindev.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:57:11 PM

to my regret, even after visiting your site, I didn't get information about what your main goal is and how you will achieve it Undecided Undecided

Not sure if you have seen our Litepaper, which discusses the problem domain and our solution in great detail. It contains a few references to our research for further reading. Hope, that helps.

- Storecoindev.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 05:30:35 PM

Data explosion is indeed a real problem and with that comes privacy and data security problems. We live in an ad-supported economy where majority of services are offered free of charge in exchange for allowing harnessing users’ data. This means, users pay for the services they use with their privacy. Many data projects promise user privacy, but they skirt the fact that a) privacy is a spectrum -- some tolerate it better than others, if they perceive the services they are using as beneficial and b) ad-supported and data-trading/sharing economy is here to stay. So, we attempt to address this head on with our privacy and de-identification module for the Storecoin Platform. We will certainly learn more as we make progress, but we believe that this problem (privacy and security) must be dealt head on.

- Storecoindev
Filatenw

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 07:06:09 PM

I don’t agree with you. Now many people refuse to use social networks and reduce their information flow!
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 06:36:37 AM

Just a new name of ICO to MTO,of course I support both.
100X for earlier private sales with current price with nothing important achieved. Shocked
Nice work.
https://research.storecoin.com/treasury

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 11:23:24 AM

I don’t agree with you. Now many people refuse to use social networks and reduce their information flow!

Yeah, but the growth in data usage doesn’t depend on people. Technology penetrates all walks of life and datacoins is a good solution
gaerisk

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 07:00:43 PM

I don’t quite understand how to transform data into programmable money. Kiss
Filatenw

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 07:57:52 PM

I thought that it looks like paid cloud storage, no?
U

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:47:11 AM

Comparison between storecoin and 0chain:
https://twitter.com/StorecoinDev/status/1146125973206622208

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
U

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:55:27 AM

marketcap comparison:

0chain:
https://cryptorank.io/currencies/0chain/price-chart
Supply Cap:1.8 M $,  Totall Cap:9.0 M$

storecoin:
https://storecoin.com/ppm
Current Cap:$33.50 Million to $43.14 Million
Estimated Year 2029 Market Cap   $129.05 Million - $166.19 Million

About 10x bigger than 0chain.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:00:35 AM

how will you decide the worth of collected data? Why 1 MB = 1 Datacoin?
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:16:47 PM

See pages 16-18 for details in our Litepaper.

- Storecoindev.
Gubkat

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:17:24 PM

I think that it depends on demand and rarity, online availability and accessibility and data licensing market value.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:24:49 PM

I thought that it looks like paid cloud storage, no?

There is no *cost* to end users to store their data like in decentralized storage services. If the data created by the users of the "tokenized apps" on Storecoin have value -- meaning, they back apps' datacoins -- then developers, app users, and Storecoin miners will all share the revenue resulting from data trading. While user data is traded, note that any sensitive information will go through context-sensitive anonymization scheme to protect data privacy. The user experience for end users will be similar to using traditional web or mobile applications in that they are *not* responsible for finding storage for their data.

- Storecoindev.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:33:04 PM

I think that it depends on demand and rarity, online availability and accessibility and data licensing market value.

This is correct. While 1MB of data = 1datacoin, the *price* of datacoin varies from one app to another. In addition, if an app exposes different *classes* of data (similar to say, https://www.experian.com/assets/data-university/brochures/ems-list-services-catalog.pdf) and the buyer wants a *specific* class of data, the price may be different than 1 datacoin for every MB of data. Apps determine how their data is valued and set the price accordingly. 1MB = 1 datacoin holds true if you buy firehose of data from a given app.

- Storecoindev.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:26:50 PM

Will there be a bounty campaign for Storecoin?

gaerisk

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:33:15 PM

The team and advisors of Storecoin are solid and it's good to see they have extensive experience in blockchain technology and cloud industry. It's very interesting in what they want to achieve for this project. Generally, the product is good and the idea of this project is relevant. Shocked
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 12:19:36 PM

Okay, 1 MB = 1 Datacoin. But how much will 1 Datacoin cost in BTC or in ETH?
Gubkat

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:16:39 PM

Data production is growing exponentially, however just a minimal percentage is currently being analyzed, used, or monetized. Storecoin has an original idea that "improves" data quality, a market that is now valued at more than $3 trillion, and a gold mine for large corporations and governments.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 08:48:59 PM

One of the things that makes a project successful is the strong dev team. I see this in Storecoin
gaerisk

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:10:33 AM

So if I'm not wrong you have both $STORE token and Datacoin but why don't you use only one of them?
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 02:49:59 PM

So if I'm not wrong you have both $STORE token and Datacoin but why don't you use only one of them?

Datacoins are app specific, more like ERC20 tokens on Ethereum network. The difference is that datacoins are "backed" by schema-verified data created by respective apps. So, if the data is valuable, so would be datacoins. This gives freedom to app developers to price their data in units of their app's datacoins. Now, it is possible that a category of data (say, "weather data") is available from multiple apps hosted on Storecoin and it may be impractical for a buyer to pay in individual app datacoins to access data from different apps. Such cross-app data purchases can be paid with $STORE. All datacoins are denominated in $STORE, which makes this possible. Datacoins are emitted based on the amount of data created in the tokenized apps and no two apps will create data at the same rate or volume. This separation, where data is priced in app's own datacoins instead of tying its price to base currency, allows accurate representation of the "value" of the data.
Gubkat

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:16:14 PM

Yeah, monopolistic tech giants track and collect data about their users more than ever and Zuckerberg confirms it 😁
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:58:28 PM

I’ve never heard about homomorphic encryption before but Wiki helps me and now I understand that it is good solution.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:51:44 PM

I’ve never heard about homomorphic encryption before but Wiki helps me and now I understand that it is good solution.
As stated in Litepaper it allows computation to be performed directly on the encrypted data without decrypting it first!
Gubkat

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 06:11:01 PM

Has homomorphic encryption been used before in other projects?
VerDinr

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:05:57 PM

Has homomorphic encryption been used before in other projects?
This is a very interesting direction in encryption and it has several stages of development. Look Wiki. Some members of the team are real experts in homomorphic encryption and that's cool!
gaerisk

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 07:36:00 AM

The team of this project is very experienced, because there are some team members and advisors from famous technology companies, such as Apple, Microsoft, Amazon... This concept is interesting mix between data cloud and cryptocurrency. Good luck fellows!
Gubkat

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 09:03:20 AM

Using encryption should increase processing time, right? So usual clouds are better.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:35:09 PM

Using encryption should increase processing time, right? So usual clouds are better.
Devs said that performance will be comparable to centralized clouds, let’s see how it will be in real life
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:19:29 PM

I can’t understand why transaction fees don’t help with combating DDoS and spam attacks? It is like entry threshold, isn’t it?
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 04:33:21 PM

I can’t understand why transaction fees don’t help with combating DDoS and spam attacks? It is like entry threshold, isn’t it?

A DDoS attack can be launched with a large number of legitimate requests or simply sending garbage to overwhelm the server capacity. In 2018, a 1.3Tbps DDoS attack was launched on GitHub for a duration of about 15-20 minutes. The motive of attackers in cases like this is to simply overwhelm the servers and more often than not, they don't care about sending *legitimate* requests. From the architecture perspective, you need to be prepared for the worse. So, we concluded that while transaction fees may *theoretically* combat spam, a determined attacker may not even care about sending real transactions to the network. So, a better defense mechanism must be built anyways, so why even pretend that transaction fees eliminate spam? In addition, micro transactions are possible on the Storecoin network, so it is possible that the network experiences an influx of large number of requests from time to time. We call this legal spam because the *traffic pattern* is that of spam, but the transactions are all legal. We have captured our research on DDoS and spam protection here.

- Storecoindev. 
gaerisk

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 05:06:47 PM

I thought it’s only for dWorkers. Also, Storecoin addresses DDoS and spam attack concerns with a request rate-limiting design, which protects Storecoin nodes from such attacks.
Filatenw

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 06:16:43 PM

Why did the creator decide that democracy will rule the world in the future? I think the world is going to the monarchical system, in which the project will not be relevant.
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 09:20:04 AM

Why did the creator decide that democracy will rule the world in the future? I think the world is going to the monarchical system, in which the project will not be relevant.
This is a political issue that is difficult to predict. But at the moment democracy prevails in most developing countries
gaerisk

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:34:05 PM

“One entity, one vote” can be a real revolution. What will the government answer to the non-use of such technologies in the elections?
Filatenw

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:50:20 PM

“One entity, one vote” can be a real revolution. What will the government answer to the non-use of such technologies in the elections?

Do they have an agreement with any country about using this system? Sounds interesting
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 09:40:25 AM

Do they have an agreement with any country about using this system? Sounds interesting

There is nothing about testing “One entity, one vote” in roadmap
Gubkat

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 01:23:46 PM

There is nothing about testing “One entity, one vote” in roadmap

They said that their approaches are hence, practical. But I did not find evidence of this
Filatenw

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 04:06:50 PM

The financial aspect is also very important here. The larger the country, the more voters. The more voters, the greater the cost of providing KYV.
gaerisk

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 05:47:01 AM

The financial aspect is also very important here. The larger the country, the more voters. The more voters, the greater the cost of providing KYV.

Yeah, that’s why they rejected any technical architecture that is economically impractical (the cost is many multiples of traditional cloud computing services) or gravitate towards centralization on governance (like Plutocratic voting power)!
Gubkat

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:12:01 PM

Yeah, that’s why they rejected any technical architecture that is economically impractical (the cost is many multiples of traditional cloud computing services) or gravitate towards centralization on governance (like Plutocratic voting power)!

This concept is very interesting though and very effective. A good team and Advisor board with a quite innovative product and a great vision. The user experience must be good as well. I think there is some potential on this.
gaerisk

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 05:27:43 AM

The team appreciates all the support they get, really happy to see people so enthusiastic about the future and potential of the project, the team is set to achieve all their milestones and have this out soon. Thank you! 😉
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:01:40 PM

Does anyone know when the bounty will start?
Filatenw

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:39:07 PM

Great initiative. Your project is promising and has good planning. I think this business will benefit many people. hopefully for a smooth development and many people who are interested in your idea.
LilGeeg

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 02:51:42 PM

Advisors are very cool, especially The Crypto Dog (Full-time Blockchain investor) 😀
VerDinr

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 06:07:10 PM

Advisors are very cool, especially The Crypto Dog (Full-time Blockchain investor)

I think they will test their system in USA because former digital director for the Obama White House is their advisor Grin
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:34:49 PM

Advisors are very cool, especially The Crypto Dog (Full-time Blockchain investor)

I think they will test their system in USA because former digital director for the Obama White House is their advisor Grin

And Facebook will help, former infrastructure engineer at Facebook is their adviser too 😂
LilGeeg

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 12:01:25 PM

Guys, you can read about Storecoin's Governance here: https://storecoin.com/governance
Filatenw

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:50:21 PM

Guys, you can read about Storecoin's Governance here: https://storecoin.com/governance
Also you can join Storecoin's Peer Review working group for its Governance of checks and balances
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:31:22 PM

Also you can join Storecoin's Peer Review working group for its Governance of checks and balances

we live in the century of information technology and the data is the basis of our society, so the project must be successful.
VerDinr

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:57:57 PM

Who can participate in your campaign? I’m from USA
LilGeeg

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:02:14 PM

I like idea that datacoins issued on Storecoin are backed by data. It can guarantee the stable of coin Cry
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 04:20:47 PM

I’ve read an essay how Facebook could give users control of their data without needing governments to intervene. And I don’t understand, will you cooperate with the government or not?
Filatenw

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:16:40 PM

I’ve read an essay how Facebook could give users control of their data without needing governments to intervene. And I don’t understand, will you cooperate with the government or not?
The first does not exclude the second, man.
VerDinr

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 01:02:48 PM

Do they have a bounty campaign? I want to buy their coins but I have no money now!!!
LilGeeg

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 06:57:55 PM

Do they have a bounty campaign? I want to buy their coins but I have no money now!!!

You can find this information here:https://research.storecoin.com/bounties
Filatenw

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 03:06:12 PM

The team has accomplished a lot of tasks since we met at the Crypto Finance Conference. Well done!
Valeriiko

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:45:28 PM

When you saying 0 fee, you should explain how system know which transaction should be processed first! This is a main purpose of fees and blocks are limited in size!
VerDinr

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 07:04:47 PM

When you saying 0 fee, you should explain how system know which transaction should be processed first! This is a main purpose of fees and blocks are limited in size!

How do they order the blocks (agree on previous and next block) if it is async/parallel?
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 08:43:17 AM

Who can participate in your campaign? I’m from USA

That's such bullshit. You're a Russian spammer for hire. You were hired by this project to bump their otherwise lifeless thread for them, which means there's a strong chance that its a scam.

Check out the post histories of all these spammers: they always post in the same threads together. They help promote scams for a living. Investors be warned.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
LilGeeg

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:15:04 AM

Is blockfin protocol peer reviewed and formally verified? If not, how do we know it will do what it claims?
Filatenw

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:18:39 AM

Is blockfin protocol peer reviewed and formally verified? If not, how do we know it will do what it claims?

I predict they will have to implement some sort of 0-slashing to deal with that inflation or risk miner dissatisfaction.
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 10:35:28 AM

I predict they will have to implement some sort of 0-slashing to deal with that inflation or risk miner dissatisfaction.

I predict this project is a scam because you're here commenting in its thread. There's no faster way for a project to bring the heat down on itself than by hiring your stupid spamming service. It instantly makes them lose all credibility, as it means they have to resort to hiring losers to create fake buzz for them.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Valeriiko

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:56:40 PM

They have only Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Telegram accounts
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:12:21 AM

Please see Slide 9 in this presentation. The transactions are *not* prioritized based on the transaction fee, but are processed as they arrive.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:15:05 AM

How do they order the blocks (agree on previous and next block) if it is async/parallel?

Please see Slide 9 in this presentation. The consensus process essentially involves "agreeing" to assemble a set of transactions into the "next" empty block. The details are in the slide.
storecoindev (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:18:55 AM

Public peer review is coming soon. In the meantime, a simulation of the consensus algorithm is published, which demonstrates nodes agreeing on the the same set of transactions for a block and ordering of the blocks in the presence of Byzantine actors.
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 05:29:41 AM

Public peer review is coming soon. In the meantime, a simulation of the consensus algorithm is published, which demonstrates nodes agreeing on the the same set of transactions for a block and ordering of the blocks in the presence of Byzantine actors.

Why did you hire a bumping service to bump your thread? Don't you know this is a tactic primarily used by scammers? If you are dishonest enough to have to pay people to create fake buzz in your project, what does that say about the rest of your project? You obviously don't care about anything except for raising ICO funds.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀