Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIX Network - Securing Digital Identities ⚡Master Node/ PoS⚡  (Read 7800 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
vcxv (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:26:44 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 03:13:51 AM by vcxv

The FIX - We are rapidly evolving into a digital and decentralized society, where private keys will play a critical role in securing our digital lives. We believe that the most practical way to store these keys is on users' SIM cards, to enable secure access to our digital lives wherever we go.

Our technology will enable safe authentication and digital transaction signing by the SIM card itself, never exposing the user's private keys. In addition, multiple SIM cards may be used to back-up keys, or included as multi-signature devices.

FIX network will utilize and leverage the existing cellular infrastructure by defining and implementing a new blockchain based security architecture. This will enable mobile operators to provide a safe environment for subscribers to define policies that govern the control, protection and recovery of their identities and digital assets.

All of our component will be released as open-source and can be readily deployed by mobile operators worldwide.  

Roadmap

Current status- Team is aiming to release its own 2fa-App in the month of July-August and the first batch of FIX SIM cards will be delivered till end of Sep 2019

Coin Specifications

Team Members and Partners

PS- This ANN thread is being supported by a community member and will be updated frequently, But Discord channel is the official communication channel. You can join us there too.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:27:21 AM

FIX has been distributed to team members, partners and early adopters and soon it will be listed on community's own exchange and other external exchanges.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:33:05 AM

Sorry I didn't get. the ann says coin is not for sale (see line token price ), but another line says coin will be listed on the exchange soon. Isn't it contradicting? In general I see quite a lot of activity in github in end of May-start of June, but quite quite last 2 weeks. Why did the team lose velocity?
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:41:20 AM

Sorry I didn't get. the ann says coin is not for sale (see line token price ), but another line says coin will be listed on the exchange soon. Isn't it contradicting? In general I see quite a lot of activity in github in end of May-start of June, but quite quite last 2 weeks. Why did the team lose velocity?
FIX is not for sale means Team is not going to hold any kind of ICO for sole purpose of FIX coin sale.

further, FIX has been distributed for team members, partners and early adopters of the project and it will be listed on exchange so that those wants to sell their MN or PoS rewards or their FIX holdings can sell and other community members who wants to purchase FIX can buy some.

To answer your another question, team did not lose any velocity rather they are far ahead in their game. To be frank, they are preparing to deliver the first batch of FIX SIM cards till end of September itself. This ANN is coming a bit late.  Smiley

They have already secured global phone numbers for their first 10 million users.

You can read some articles here-
https://medium.com/new-capital/fix-network-secures-global-phone-numbers-for-their-first-10-million-users-8b029c4d5991
https://medium.com/new-capital/fix-network-news-and-updates-june-25-2019-68a9db2baeff
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 02:07:28 PM

Nodehub.io is the official partner for FIX MN hosting service, You can even get $10 promotion for FIX MN hosting on their platform which is 2.5 months of free MN hosting.

https://bit.ly/2TSlUGo
bitalk1

Activity: 1494
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 09:35:32 PM

With the recent launch, I see a lot of progress and it pleases, the community is growing.
traveler007

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 10:45:22 PM

As i understand you want tie sim card to private key? But what happens if I lost phone with sim-card? This means I will lost acces to my wallet too... How Ill be able recover my wallet in this case?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
wiss19

Activity: 2100
Merit: 338

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 12:38:32 AM

Is this like a sim card used for cellphones?
then if all the keys will be inserted into the sim card, how does it work to open them?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 02:03:46 AM

As i understand you want tie sim card to private key? But what happens if I lost phone with sim-card? This means I will lost acces to my wallet too... How Ill be able recover my wallet in this case?

loosing one's sim card wouldn't affect one. He can still recover all his private keys as per predefined policies. One is free to define the recovering policies as per his choice.
say- you can have one SIM card as a cold wallet and store it safe which can be used later as a recovery option, or you can involve 2-3 persons of your circle friend/family who will help you out in case of SIM lost.  Smiley
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 02:07:24 AM

Is this like a sim card used for cellphones?
then if all the keys will be inserted into the sim card, how does it work to open them?

Yes, this is exactly those SIM cards. you can insert them in your secondary SIM slot on your smartphone and forget about worrying the private keys.

A major innovation by FIX Network is to store these keys on the subscriber’s SIM cards using cryptographic-enabled applets on those SIM cards. This will enable secure access to our digital lives wherever we go, with cryptographic operations being executed by the SIM card itself, never exposing the private keys to the mobile device or a public network. In addition, to increase security, private keys may be segmented and distributed over multiple SIM-enabled devices, with each device storing only a portion of the shared key. This segmented/distributed architecture also facilitates the recovery of security keys if a device is misplaced or damaged.

Aim of the project is to enable the mobile operators to integrate this into their SIM cards but since this won't be happen until there a traction and demand before, that's why team is going with their own SIM cards in the starting.

PS- FIX SIM coverage is already in more than 170 countries at the moment.  Cool
rovait

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:14:28 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 06:26:19 AM by rovait

Why FIX_TWINS pair has been chosen?Smiley TWINS is a nobody knows coin with ZERO volume? do you think it's a good choice?

P.S. just saw why. so you do NOT have to answer.
rovait

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:56:45 AM

So, i understand that TWINS currency is also yours in some ways.
It did not have any value in trading (if at all) recently.
You have added it to your exchange <new.capital>.

And now you add another coin with overpriced HW product. and the only way to buy it is your other "Twins" currency no one interested in.

please correct me if I am wrong in how I understand it.

vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:54:28 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 08:41:36 AM by vcxv

So, i understand that TWINS currency is also yours in some ways.
It did not have any value in trading (if at all) recently.
You have added it to your exchange <new.capital>.

And now you add another coin with overpriced HW product. and the only way to buy it is your other "Twins" currency no one interested in.

please correct me if I am wrong in how I understand it.

Hey, nice observation.

FIX project and win.win (TWINS) project both are backed by NEW Capital (there is a 3rd project also wallet.app but it do not have a separate coin). You can join our Discord and find more information

Objective of the win.win (TWINS) project is to establish a true Dex which will be based on NEM Catapult technology and it will be a community operated DEX. TWINS was listed on bitsane and p2pb2b.io exchange previously which both are top 100 CMC exchanges. Bitsane exit scammed recently, you can find this on google and p2pb2b has not been doing a proper work of updating the wallet time to time.

That's why team decided to give the community a place to trade while securing the interests of the users. New Capital community exchange is a by product of that, it was not envisioned earlier and the exchange was opened a couple days ago.

Now this was a little background to answer your query-
1. TWINS has a lower volume because of bitsane scam and p2pb2b disabling deposits. only active exchange is community exchange which is just a few days old. things need some time to settle down.

2. We have not added TWINS or FIX to New Capital Community exchange, rather the sole purpose of the exchange is provide liquidity for these projects specifically. Other coins will also be listed on the exchange but not on priority.

3. Since both FIX and TWINS are backed by same entity New Capital, it is logical that they would have a pair TWINS/FIX on our own exchange. BTC and other pairs might be added in the future as per demand. FIX trading is not yet enabled.

4. FIX (and TWINS as well) both will be listed on external exchanges also in near future but Team will go to extra mile to ensure the safety and security of the external exchanges with holding personal talks with the exchange management. That's why it may take some time.

5. FIX coins can be earned by active participation in the community. we even have a separate platform for community participation- Source force platform

I hope this answers your queries.  Smiley
rovait

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 08:10:45 AM

thank you for an answer.

Yes, you did answer my questions.Smiley
I was talking about getting FIX coins , not FIX sim. When i said that it can only be bought by using TWINS.

As for SIM. I don't see why would any one pay such an amount for HW that usually given by provider for free or for a minimal cost.
Even though it has some additional features.

Thanks

vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 08:28:35 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 08:46:30 AM by vcxv

thank you for an answer.

I was talking about getting FIX coins , not FIX sim. When i said that it can only be bought by using TWINS.

As for SIM. I don't see why would any one pay such an amount for HW that usually given by provider for free or for a minimal cost.

Thanks

Ok, FIX trading as of now is not open on the exchange. Although, You may earn some FIX coins by active participation in the community- https://my.new.capital/  Wink

To your another question- Why seemingly higher price for FIX SIM :  
- FIX SIM comes with global connectivity for life, you need not pay anything again. It does not provide internet or voice (this can be purchased separately) but authentication and signatures.
- No monthly fees
- The SIM card never expires, and your global identity is active forever
- This is like Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet, but only connected when you need.

Will you still say, this is higher price for all these services. Wink This is going to be a revolutionary product.  Smiley

rovait

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 09:44:54 AM

thank you for an answer.

Thanks

Ok, FIX trading as of now is not open on the exchange. Although, You may earn some FIX coins by active participation in the community- https://my.new.capital/  Wink

To your another question- Why seemingly higher price for FIX SIM :  
- FIX SIM comes with global connectivity for life, you need not pay anything again. It does not provide internet or voice (this can be purchased separately) but authentication and signatures.
- No monthly fees
- The SIM card never expires, and your global identity is active forever
- This is like Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet, but only connected when you need.

Will you still say, this is higher price for all these services. Wink This is going to be a revolutionary product.  Smiley

wallets that i use do not charge any fee for services that i need. not core wallets, neither android wallets.
don't see what services the SIM brings that i want to pay for.

I am not saying it does not bring such a services, just saying I personally do not see those as of yet.

Thanks
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 10:32:45 AM

You are talking about soft wallets which of course do not charge any thing. But by using them a person is putting his funds at risk in comparison to when they are stored in a cold wallet. These kind of wallets are not 100% safe and are dependent on user to save his private keys. In fact, we are also developing such a multi currency wallet- wallet.app project.

But SIM will provide the safety and security of Hardware wallets (like Trezor or Ledger, which of course cost us) and functionality of a soft wallet. Users does not need to worry about their private key leaving their SIM while doing or signing a transaction. In case one looses his SIM card, fund can be recovered with pre-defined policies.
rovait

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 10:43:13 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 10:53:56 AM by rovait

You are talking about soft wallets which of course do not charge any thing. But by using them a person is putting his funds at risk in comparison to when they are stored in a cold wallet. These kind of wallets are not 100% safe and are dependent on user to save his private keys. In fact, we are also developing such a multi currency wallet- wallet.app project.

But SIM will provide the safety and security of Hardware wallets (like Trezor or Ledger, which of course cost us) and functionality of a soft wallet. Users does not need to worry about their private key leaving their SIM while doing or signing a transaction. In case one looses his SIM card, fund can be recovered with pre-defined policies.

sounds good.

As for the price - still too expansive.
And if for now it only supports a specific crypto(FIX) that has been recently released and does not really have a use or value, it's toooooo expansive:))

add support for few commonly used coins ASAP:)

thanks
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 01:24:49 PM

sounds good.

As for the price - still too expansive.
And if for now it only supports a specific crypto(FIX) that has been recently released and does not really have a use or value, it's toooooo expansive:))

add support for few commonly used coins ASAP:)

thanks

No..No. This is not intended to be used for FIX coin only. FIX coin will only fuel the architecture behind the protocol. In general you will be able to use all the major currencies with FIX sim cards.
vcxv (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 05:08:20 PM

As per Edwin the community exchange will have following developments in this month -

* Price auto calcualtion in the order form
* Total and amounts auto fill and calculation in the forms, if selected from the order book
* Safety confirmation prompt if the price is far from the market price
* Personal trading history
* Total account holdings amount in BTC/TWINS/USD
* Alternative (reversed) view to the selected pair, including additional decimals to price in BTC (sub satoshi)
* Filter open orders by market option
* Market trading option
* Start enabling additional coins: DOGE, DASH, PIVX, LTC, NRG, XEM and etc <-- this needs a separate discussion to build prioritisation and communication plan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: