Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private smart contracts?  (Read 131 times)
trawk (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:21:37 PM

I believe private smart contract should be possible. Specifically, inputs and outputs of a state machine could be blinded, but verified where the computation output is also blinded (and therefore only known to the sender and receiver of a transaction)

Is anyone aware of any project using blinding factors for input/output state machine manipulation? (Not asking about and altcoin, please do not shill)
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 11:09:19 PM

I believe private smart contract should be possible. Specifically, inputs and outputs of a state machine could be blinded, but verified where the computation output is also blinded (and therefore only known to the sender and receiver of a transaction)
Private smart contracts are possible and there are many corporate organizations including Walmart are using it. A simple implementation could be found here: https://github.com/paritytech/wiki/blob/master/Demo-PoA-tutorial.md

Is anyone aware of any project using blinding factors for input/output state machine manipulation? (Not asking about and altcoin, please do not shill)
Well, you'd not really know if they're using it privately. Like I mentioned above, Walmart uses it to verify its Food-Supply chains and that's all the info they're released.
yojoots

Activity: 11
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:41:06 PM

There are actually a couple of different ways to approach this problem. For a good high-level overview, see this article.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 08:16:34 PM

Private smart contracts are possible and there are many corporate organizations including Walmart are using it. A simple implementation could be found here: https://github.com/paritytech/wiki/blob/master/Demo-PoA-tutorial.md

Well, you'd not really know if they're using it privately. Like I mentioned above, Walmart uses it to verify its Food-Supply chains and that's all the info they're released.

Apart from that ShadowETH, Enigma and Arbitum are also great examples of Private smart contracts. So yes, like you said, not only possible, its already available for corporates and individuals as SaaS products. And I am sure of ShadowETH and Arbitum having input/output state machine manipulation. Check them out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: