Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2019, 08:33:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone experiencing slowdown using Tor?  (Read 138 times)
iasenko

Activity: 658
Merit: 1189

WYGIWYD

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 09:26:05 AM

The access to the forum is very slow today, when using Tor. On the mobile there are no issues.
Can anyone confirm the problem,  I have a good fiber connection.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1385

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 09:31:02 AM

Tor always slows you down.

Your fiber connection doesn't help you when using tor at all, regardless of the site you are accessing.

I never had a halfway fast connection to any site using tor, which is understandable given the structure and usage of the tor network.

Can you usually browse the forum at a 'normal speed' when using tor ?

iasenko

WYGIWYD

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 10:26:26 AM

Tor always slows you down.

Your fiber connection doesn't help you when using tor at all, regardless of the site you are accessing.

I never had a halfway fast connection to any site using tor, which is understandable given the structure and usage of the tor network.

Can you usually browse the forum at a 'normal speed' when using tor ?

Yeah I know that, just normally takes around a second after I click to open a link, today it was around a 30 seconds, the few times I've tried and just decided to give up and use my mobile instead. Now it looks OK again. I just wondering if it was only me, like the problem with cloudflare yesterday.

BTW congrats on beging Legendary now Wink

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 3801

Pedal-powered plaguebot

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 10:30:51 AM

Maybe you just got a slow circuit, try switching to another one when that happens.

ETFbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1972

Use SegWit and enjoy lower fees.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 06:42:34 PM

It's sometimes happen to me, but switch circuit solve the problem most of the times. Do you use Tor Browser or other browser which use Tor connection? If you don't use Tor Browser, it might be bad configuration.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1076

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 12:58:55 AM

the problem with tor:

your connection is only as fast as the slowest link in your connection path.

As more and more people are stuck with at most 20mbps upstream (typically 10 or less);  it compounds across users during the ingress and egress of your packet through the tor network.

YoBit is not to be trusted.   They magically show volume that is 10-100x the amount of coins that the total network has on a certain shitcoin;  and it all happened while the wallet was "offline" and about half of the actual coins in the network are in private wallets.

Be warned;  stay away from them.  -JK
iasenko

WYGIWYD

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 10:22:28 AM

It's OK now, suchmoon's suggestion worked for at least twice so a guess that was the problem.
I just recently stated using TOR browser. Thanks for the help people, i'm locking the thread. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.