Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:04:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Switchdex - A real decentralized exchange  (Read 802 times)
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:54:17 PM

I do not think that decentralized exchanges on the market are good in this theme. As written in this article some gaps are proofs. But it is not about being the decentralization what we are looking for, small amount is enough to give up everything. Anyway, the exchanges are also guilty in this regard, but the situation would have been very different from the current situation if we had not interested in the centralized exchanges.  Undecided
SwitchDEX.ag - I have never used this exchange, but I am going to try it from now on.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBusstop

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:54:43 PM

i doubt if the future exchange will hold on DEX platform due to the fact that platform usage is not quite familiar to people. the option of submitting private key before trading might not go well with some people. also trading in Dex do take time because people always put lower prices for tokens.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:49:17 PM

i doubt if the future exchange will hold on DEX platform due to the fact that platform usage is not quite familiar to people.
That's why it's called "future". It is not quite familiar to people now but it will be in the coming years.

the option of submitting private key before trading might not go well with some people.
So what do you suggest? Not having the option to hold your private keys like what centralized exchanges do? Note that there are many ways to access Dex's without having to submit private keys.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 10:30:33 PM

but in the future centralized exchanges will not exist ...

I'm pretty sure they will exist. We're already at a stage where institutions are setting up trading desks for their clients, these will not go away because the entities using these desks do so because it offers them a regulated and insured environment. They are not interested in a decentralized exchange. It's far out of their interest field.

I'm also pretty sure that centralized retail exchanges will continue to exist. They will always find a way to attract users. People have proven to be easy to convince to sign up by offering them a bonus, free tokens, etc. People already submit a copy of their ID and whatnot to centralized exchanges just to claim $20 worth of shitcoins. If you push it as exchange, they might even do it for $5 or $10 worth of free shitcoins.

Never underestimate the greed within noobs chasing after "free" money.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 11:40:13 PM

Yes, decentralized exchanges have certain advantages over centralized ones. However, it is unknown which of them still gain an advantage. I believe that we need both centralized and decentralized exchanges.

darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:27:21 PM

We have so many real decentralized exchanges out there which should have worked perfectly well for the system of cryptocurrency trades, and decentralization is the real purpose why we use cryptocurrency or why it was introduced, but the issue with most of these real decentralized exchange which the switch you mentioned is not left out is Volume, they hardly get the volume for their operation which is why they end up remaining dormant later.

No matter the hype you try to create, no matter that handwork you put in creating awareness for a decentralized exchange, people just seems not to look much into it , and they pay more attention to most of these centralized exchanges that are ripping them off their cash and enriching themselves. I am still waiting to see that DEX exchange that will overcome such challenge, and I hope that your switch succeeds.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:29:34 PM

I used Idex very often, since on this exchange it was possible to sell those coins that were not on other exchangers.  But as for forkDelta, all coins are sold there, including garbage.
alendel0n7

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 08:30:24 PM

In my heart forever, only one decentralized exchange - EtherDelta (FD now). In fact, many exchanges are now trying to create their own decentralized version, but at the same time it’s very difficult for them to escape from centralization. It is very sad.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 11:26:48 PM

I used Idex very often, since on this exchange it was possible to sell those coins that were not on other exchangers.  But as for forkDelta, all coins are sold there, including garbage.
Yeah, everything  where sold there but how about the price it looks like? Probably nothing and nobody is buying those garbage.
I really appreciate this exchange cause they automatically listed new coins but somehow the price aren't giving me satisfaction, it is very low and ain't favorable to us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:35:56 AM

In real time or nowadays centralized are more popular than decentralized exchange. That's truth and always can be find out at the coinmarketcap where most of the top exchange are centralized based platform. Although, I can't deny I am much in favor of DEX because KYC is not needed compared to centralized exchange.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 05:10:03 AM

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@hatu/switch-is-a-dex-that-s-actually-decentralized

Thoughts? Im definitely bias towards switch but i truly think its one of the few real decentralized exchanges out there.

Also not sure if right section

I also had time to join this project and the first impression that I felt was indeed decentralized, but I don't think it is still running full because they still just started it. I prefer to use Binance Dex or even Forkdelta.

Astargath (OP)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:45:26 AM

Thoughts? Im definitely bias towards switch but i truly think its one of the few real decentralized exchanges out there.

I also had time to join this project and the first impression that I felt was indeed decentralized, but I don't think it is still running full because they still just started it. I prefer to use Binance Dex or even Forkdelta.

It is running full and they constantly update it. Binance DEX is not a real DEX, i wont support it, who knows which country they ban next, whats the point of a dex if you can ban countries.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:30:58 PM

I tried it now and seems pretty good compared to Forkdelta user interface is bit nice and simple which is very easy to familiarize yourself if you are first time using this dex personally I never tried switch before I only use FD no other one because many eth tokens are first listed in FD compared to IDEX or DDex it only needs some volume for this dex to become famous needs a good marketing campaigns and introduce to users of decentralized exchangers.   

It is, forkdelta is really only used because it's a fork of EtherDelta which simply was one of the first DEX's out there and it has the most amount of volume. Once the rest of the DEX's get more liquidity, forkdelta and other shitty DEX's will die.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 06:50:00 AM

All of fork delta, I would typically agree with you that it is a full decentralized exchange, but that of Binance DEX, until Binance really proves it before I can fully agree, and not just by giving a platform a name in that name of DEX, because I don’t see how they intend to manage both together, they have a centralized exchange already where they are making so much profit, and creating a DEX exchange to counter that? When they know that people would die to see DEX exchange they can rely on and also have the volume, because Binance DEX must surely have the volume it needs to run the exchange smoothly because of their popularity already and trust of people in them, but what exactly would they be able to gain doing so? Which makes it doubt it’s a full decentralized exchange.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 03:27:41 AM

What is the point today in the decentralization of exchange or even in the cryptocurrency market, if in fact most of the trading exchanges require passport data, and there is already such a practice that every new project requires KYC. In addition, such a stock exchange as Binance already states that they have access to personal data and user accounts.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:36:36 AM

I never used any decentralized exchange before because after low liquidity and the funds. But I guess there is an exchange which really gives over all the control to the user then it can be the real decentralized exchange but it should be highly secure.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:20:41 AM

Don't worry when people will be tired of KYC, hacks, exist scams, taxes, they will jump on using the DEX. Too bad currently they have a very low volume. Bisq is the type of DEX I'm interested in but thinking about it what about Binance, it was supposed to create a DEX, people were praising it but no more. Is the Dex alive now?

yea, I think it's still alive, it's just that dex needs encouragement to develop. So far the top exchange that has DEX is only binance, but unfortunately it is not fully DEX. Now I hope there will be a top exchange that launches full DEX. For that, let's look at the next development ...

the average DEX has a low volume, now this is the question. Why did this happen? even though it's a matter of security I'm sure DEX has better security than CCE. This will be the next homework for anyone who will develop DEX.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:36:54 AM

If DEX is going to ask for KYC then that's not quite right. There can be no real decentralization when that happen and I guess this has to do with regulations, if dex isn't going to comply the law then it could be taken down by the governing bodies.   They could operate on offshore hosting companies for it not to be taken down right?

So much Dex exchange coming up. Any Dex asking for kyc is no Dex. Even those that claim to be have resemblance of CEX. It's just a matter of time. Regulations for CEX is easier than that of Dex as the regulations will defeat the whole aim of decentralisation even though regulations are much needed in crypto space.

Astargath (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 05:38:11 PM

If DEX is going to ask for KYC then that's not quite right. There can be no real decentralization when that happen and I guess this has to do with regulations, if dex isn't going to comply the law then it could be taken down by the governing bodies.   They could operate on offshore hosting companies for it not to be taken down right?

So much Dex exchange coming up. Any Dex asking for kyc is no Dex. Even those that claim to be have resemblance of CEX. It's just a matter of time. Regulations for CEX is easier than that of Dex as the regulations will defeat the whole aim of decentralisation even though regulations are much needed in crypto space.

That's why I use SwitchDex, I personally know them and they will not ask for KYC as they are based in a region not affected by those regulations. I do understand why IDEX or others might need to ask for KYC, they are all facing heavy regulations in 2019 and of course they are scared.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
sheenaedago

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 09:27:48 PM

From my point of view, Etherdelta and Forkdelta have long trusted cryptographic transactions, and none of them need proof here, because all commercial experience is so great. For safer transactions, always use a Metamasa wallet to prevent hackers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: