Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in new project (it's ICO/IEO) if it is good project but not listed in ICO rating websites?
Yes, sur if it is good project as i think this  ico rating websites provide fake rating. - 70 (76.1%)
No, even the project is good, it should be listed in one or more  ico rating websites - 22 (23.9%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you participate in new project if it is not listed in ICO rating websites?  (Read 6839 times)
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2072
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 05:15:21 AM

Ofcourse I would join new project if the team has prior experience of ICOs even I don't believe in ICO rating websites it can be manipulated I feel so, so it does not matter to me. There are some other factors also to participate in new project I will check those if find all good then I will definitely join the project.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:00:02 PM

Personally, participating in new projects has got nothing to do with whether this new project is being listed on ico rating website. What matters most to me is the idea behind the project entering into the crypto industry. These websites are not trustworthy and provided my research on the project is positive, I just participate in it without considering whether it is listed or not on these fake ico rating websites.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 06:21:30 PM

Icon rating website don't determine what project will be successful or not, all they do is say what they believe  could be a successful project but it is left for investors to make their own decisions base on what they have read, do their own research, most serious project don't pay attention to ico rating sites.
HodlerKing101

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 06:27:06 PM

I probably will depending on the project and the team behind it. It's true that there are several listing sites that will give you good rating with a certain amount of fee. But there are also legit and trusted listing websites which provide all honesty to the crypto community and helps us verify their team through KYC. That's one of the most vital roles that listing sites do, if you see that the team is not verified, then you'll have doubts that they're not legit at all.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 09:17:23 PM

Well, i would consider that as a factor in finding the type of project that I'll like to invest in but would not consider it as the sole factor in making my decision. Actually, there are many other things one need ti check for before investing in any project. The ICo review sites do their own thing so the investor also has to his or her own thing.

key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 09:33:00 PM

It's true that some ICO rating sites like ICOBENCH and ICODROPS give more info about a new startup project, but I don't entirely rely on their ratings. Hence I can participate in a token sale even if the project is not rated on ICO rating sites,  if I think the project is great and has huge future potentials.
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 09:09:32 PM

On my behalf, participating in a new project has nothing do with whether it is being listed on these so called ICO rating websites or not. So far as the project seem promising with a great idea behind it, backed by a great team with good profile and the whitepaper makes sense, that is all. Many of these ICO rating websites have a part in promoting scam projects so I still will participate in a new project if it is not listed on these ICO rating websites.

Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 11:18:34 PM

Your very participation should have nothing in common with ico rating websites because most of thes ico rating websites are corrupt and are found of promoting scam projects by rating them higher on the ico rating scale which is very bad for the industry but this has thought me a lesson that my participation in a crypto project should never be based on an ico rating.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 11:33:51 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2019, 02:04:37 AM by PuertoLibre

ICO rating websites have no inside news for investors, the information they use is shared by the devs on the open-source platforms. For choosing the project, some determinants are used in order to get the best ones out of the hundred projects. The data is the power but the known data should be available for all investors in my opinion, asking premium membership is not ethic.

If the investors look for the reliable source of information, asking directly from the experienced traders will be more suitable. ICO rating websites update their database once a 3 day period from my experience, the new projects also can pay for getting the better review from the ICO experts in this case. There are a similar type of the ICO rating sites which share the same ICO with different rating stars. The same project can be five stars on the ICOdrops but it has give a two-star rate on the ICOmarks website.
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 07:02:53 AM

As a rule, I select and evaluate projects for joining the ICO signature campaign myself, without taking into account the opinions of rating campaigns. First of all, I’m interested in what this campaign will be engaged in, how useful its activities will be and therefore how much this new token will be in demand. Sometimes I take into account the opinion of such campaigns if the justification for their conclusions is convincing for me. That is, in each case, I act differently.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:10:16 AM

Absolutely, the main thing is not posting a project on rating sites, but its potential, social value and product. If a project solves an urgent problem, has an original idea, bears value for the community, and is able to increase the efficiency of a certain branch of the economy, then such a project deserves our attention. Placement on rating sites can simply be bought and do not forget that such sites do not check the legality of the project and its team, so you should not trust them.

BTC $1 mln
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:30:37 AM

Absolutely, the main thing is not posting a project on rating sites, but its potential, social value and product. If a project solves an urgent problem, has an original idea, bears value for the community, and is able to increase the efficiency of a certain branch of the economy, then such a project deserves our attention. Placement on rating sites can simply be bought and do not forget that such sites do not check the legality of the project and its team, so you should not trust them.

Agree, it is common knowledge that there are several rating websites that sell ratings to new projects so that investors are interested in investing. Every investor must see the potential of a project whether profitable or not, because every investor wants his investment to grow

trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:47:39 AM

Nowadays there are many projects, it is not easy to judge on new project, good or not, some people think the ico rating websites may help to take your decision, others think this ICO rating websites provide fake rating due to new project can pay fees to this ICO websites and get high rating.
SO, If you find good project, is it important to you this new good project should be listed in ICO rating websites?

Appreciate your participation

Why not, now if the company is lited on some ico rating websites where various companies are listed and where you can check various information about the company and the rating of the company in various directions, it does not guarantee that the company is not a scam, you just need to study the company by yourself and their the product that they are trying to create, and after all these studies you must decide invest in the company or not.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 10:14:19 AM

ICO rating websites aren't all true on their jobs ,they sometimes get paid for rating from developers ,I won't rely on them if I were you , project listing in ICO rating websites or not doesn't state the fact that its not a scam project, there are some good signs that good projects used to have.

1) professional teams
They always have past histories of achievements ,this kind of teams will be able or capable to handle any fuck up wannabe that might show up when the production is on.

2) Are the teams who they claim to be?
I've came across projects when hunting for bounties that the teams are fake,the scammer used some kind of software to swap peoples faces off and merge another pic ,they name the teams any names they want. I detected by using picture search engines .

3) shady business
Some projects are liars in disguise, they aren't straight and careless about their investors ,keeping secrets and the most important one is they always work in the shadows ,anonymously, no office address ,no LinkedIn accounts ,no teams ,nothing

If a project is a real project then they won't have anything to hide ,they always tend to come out plain in the open

Real cryptocurrencies were built by many anonymous volunteers... There are also many developers who use their real Identities. It is just their choice. You can't force a good volunteer to appear how he doesn't want to appear. Good anonymous developers could leave if you insist on getting him/her naked.
If a popular coder who is known around the world decides to work for a Crypto project in complete anonymity but gets rejected due his preference for anonymity... you will deny that project of good and qualified developer
mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 10:23:05 AM

No its not important at all. Listing in ICO rating websites is a plus because some investors based on their ratings. But as for me, I don't believe in ICO rating websites, some ICO rating websites ask for extra money just for them to give good ratings. Much better to take your own due diligence in investing rather than looking at this fake ICO rating websites.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 10:47:24 AM

Nowadays there are many projects, it is not easy to judge on new project, good or not, some people think the ico rating websites may help to take your decision, others think this ICO rating websites provide fake rating due to new project can pay fees to this ICO websites and get high rating.
SO, If you find good project, is it important to you this new good project should be listed in ICO rating websites?

A good rating of a website does not mean that a project has the potential to benefit investors. Some time ago there was news about a website rating being investigated by the American Government and I think this is good because sometimes fake good rating from a website can influence someone to invest in a bad project that results in investor losses
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:44:56 PM

For me, it is not important, because I know that projects pay money for placement on these sites and there is no trust in them.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Bisbee

Activity: 111
Merit: 4

Bitcoin

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 04:09:31 PM

I often use rating sites in order to make an objective review of the project in which I plan to participate, but rating sites cannot be the basis of your choice, this is just a tool to get acquainted with the project. But I agree that the rating can be bought and this can affect you and you will not make the right conclusions about the project.

Bitcoin is our future
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 05:52:08 PM

My reason to invest and participate in ICO project is not depend on ico rating. After i learned so much, i made ico qualification for my own. If my qualification not passed by an ico, whatever their rating in ico rating i won't invest and praticipate. But if my qualification passed by ico, i will participate.

I just use ico rating website for second opinion, not my first way. Nowadays you should not believe what other people say, just learn how to digg more information,  learn business feasibility, and do some fake test, so it would help you so much

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:09:15 PM

is it important to you this new good project should be listed in ICO rating websites?

I think I might be a bit suspicious if a project is not listed.
The actual ratings in the ICO ratings websites should be treated with a bit of caution, but still, a project should be listed. If it isn't, then that likely means it's very obscure and unlikely to be a wild success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: