Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Prevent been a crypto addict.  (Read 9339 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 10:49:00 AM

honestly, it is getting serious that most people spend over 18 to 19 hours these days on systems and mobile phones watching the market, trading on the move with their mobile. the addiction is getting out of hand. i think i am probably getting into this kind of life.
what could be the possible means of prevention. i need to have my normal life back

I think it just needs time

It may look and feel a bit counterintuitive and against all reason but you may actually want to give in to your passion for the time being as the thought of doing something wrong is probably more damaging than your relentless trading itself. Sooner or later you will understand that the results are not worth the effort applied (since otherwise you shouldn't be complaining obviously), and then you will quickly come off this dope in an easy and kind of natural way. You will see that you are overtrading and in fact losing longer-term profit opportunities

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 08:27:02 AM

honestly, it is getting serious that most people spend over 18 to 19 hours these days on systems and mobile phones watching the market, trading on the move with their mobile. the addiction is getting out of hand. i think i am probably getting into this kind of life.
what could be the possible means of prevention. i need to have my normal life back.

I think that is insane because that is very serious addicting to crypto. You need to learn about how to manage your time so you can get your normal life back. You should have another thing to do and don't watch your phone, try to keep yourself busy so your mind doesn't think about crypto, and you can prevent from the addicting. Maybe you need to talk with other people so you can distract your mind and the most important is you need to have a strong will to prevent from that.
Actually this problem is really simple to be overcome. OP has to decide to choose being a day trader, weekly trader, short term investor or long term investor just it. I believe until now he didn't choose them and even he didn't know some things that should be done if he chooses some of the strategy for his money. He just look the price movement without know the strategy to overcome the situation. I'm sure if he choose one the startegy and he try to learn more about it he will not reveal that he is an addict to cryptocurrency but he will assume that cryptocurrency is a job place to gain money.

I guess you are right. I have a friend who is a day trader, he spends some time to trade with various coins, but he doesn't stay in the front of his computer in all day long because he has another business in his real life. He tells me that he makes a plan between his trading time and his business so both can work together without disturb each other.

So, perhaps, OP needs to manage his time to trade so he can know how to prevent from staying in the market in a long time. If he can do that, I am sure that he can prevent the addicting to crypto so he can have another time to do another thing.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 04:57:34 PM

In line with that statement, it doesn't matter to me if I will be addicted to crypto as long as I would be benefited despite of being addicted. Being driven out by cryptocurrency, our addiction isn't associated to health problems but rather problems is how you handle your funds when you became wealthy in the end.

This is the real opposite of gambling addiction. If you are an addict gambler, you will more tend to lose money unlike a crypto addict which focuses more on how to earn rather than how to spend by a mere entertainment. If i could choose an addiction, i would choose the first option too.
It is not even possible to me that someone will get addicted to cryptocurrency because there is nothing to get addicted to there, if op is glued to his trading platform, or glued to seeking information on the system, he is only dancing himself through that and I see nothing absolutely addictive about that.

It is only a game or any habit that I know people keep getting addicted to, and when it comes to habit, you just have to replace the habit with a good one, but in the case of op, he is just trying to make a living for himself and I would not say e is addicted, when even trading on trading platform manually, you have to stay with the system for a very long time till you probably succeed or loose on what you are doing. I guess by now, op would have already become guru to stay less on the system.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 06:04:19 PM

In line with that statement, it doesn't matter to me if I will be addicted to crypto as long as I would be benefited despite of being addicted. Being driven out by cryptocurrency, our addiction isn't associated to health problems but rather problems is how you handle your funds when you became wealthy in the end.

This is the real opposite of gambling addiction. If you are an addict gambler, you will more tend to lose money unlike a crypto addict which focuses more on how to earn rather than how to spend by a mere entertainment. If i could choose an addiction, i would choose the first option too.
It is not even possible to me that someone will get addicted to cryptocurrency because there is nothing to get addicted to there, if op is glued to his trading platform, or glued to seeking information on the system, he is only dancing himself through that and I see nothing absolutely addictive about that

Purely physiologically, it is six of one and half a dozen of the other

That is, it is the same thing under different names and conventions. When you gamble, you become addicted to it because the process becomes a form of a powerful drug. You feel euphoric and ecstatic, for some time. When you are deprived of it, you feel typical withdrawal symptoms and want a new dose, time and again. In this manner, you can get addicted to trading in essentially the same way as you get addicted to gambling. And while we are at it, the process is very much like love, with the bottom line being that anything can potentially become an addictive agent if it can work as a mighty stimulator for both your brain and your body

jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 04:52:36 AM

what could be the possible means of prevention. i need to have my normal life back.

For me, it's tough if you truly want to prevent in trading, especially that you spend over 18 to 19 hours a day just to make sure that you are updated to the market. But I think that 1st solution you might take is lessening the hours you spend on watching the market if you can make 13 to 15 or much lesser hours a day and find anything to do, like going out, exercise, socializing to others, etc. Do the things that you usually do before entering the trading world. But I'm sure that you can't back your normal/healthy life because you either improve it or make it much worse as you think. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: