Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for my congressional campaign  (Read 24482 times)
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 03:57:29 AM

Eric the donate button is broken.  You are not transmitting all the required fields in the button form post.  Make sure you create a proper donate button and copy all the HTML code onto your website.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:02:12 AM

Best of luck and votes to you!

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 03:06:35 PM

I just realized something. Living in Illinois allows me to vote in North Dakota. Wait! I'm mistaken. I could only vote for a North Dakotan if I'm dead and a Democrat. They have the weirdest rules in this state. But I tried, Eric. I tried. Please keep us abreast of your campaign.

Bruno
ericools (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:14:00 PM

"If you should win, to which of the two major parties would you caucus with?"

I can't answer that, I have no idea.  Would probably depend on what the makeup of congress was at the time.

"How do you know I'm trolling? I've never trolled a single time on this forum or any other place on the internet."

The alternative was that your being genuine and you really think that I am trying to run for office in a different state than I live in, and at an age too young to run.  I suppose people have done dumber things....

"Serously? No clue where I got the address from? Haven't lived there for years? I'm just a guy on the Bitcoin forum. Imagine what two other candidates could do if they saw the following."

Could have come from many places.  It seems I used a credit card from my local bank, one I have banked at since Junior High, they still have my parents address on file for me.  I don't imagine they will do much of anything with that information.  As a third party candidate I expect to be ignored.  In the unlikely event one of the other candidates choose to attack me on this it is easy to defend and I'll get a free headline or two out of it.  I suppose I should update it anyway though, if I am to be attacked, I would rather it be on policy.

Thank you for letting me know about the donations not working.  The site is still being setup and there are several things that do not work properly (such as comment sections appearing everywhere).  I will let my web guy know to fix it.  This is why I have shared the address here, so that everyone can point out what is not right so I can deal with it before spending time/money to promote it.

"The bottom line, Eric, is that I do wish you well with your campaign. To show my sincerity, I just tried donating 1 BTC on your donation page. It seems broken. Would you be so kind as to PM an address so that I can do this. Yes, it's not much, but it's something. My gesture of goodwill, is what I'm more concerned about. Please, no hard feelings. Get your GoDaddy account updated, also."

Thanks, I have sent you a pm with a bitcoin addy.  In this campaign every little bit really does help.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 04:54:02 PM

Here's hoping your campaign is going well. Toss up an update regardless how mundane.

Bruno
ericools (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 02:54:27 AM

Well here is the update;  http://ericolson2012.com/2011/12/149/

My announcement, just posted up on Facebook and Google +.  Website is pretty sparse still, but compared to my opponents I think I actually have more issue related information.  Sadly...  They have pictures, I'm working on that still..

Not much in the way of promotion yet.  Sometime between Xmas and New Years, there will be some media presence.  Though my primary goal at the moment is getting ballot access.  Things are falling together.   

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 02:21:33 PM

The thread belongs here because the OP is talking about the legalities of taking bitcoins, how to accept it, etc. which fits in general, nothing to do with political discussion.  If the replies are going in a different direction those are what get split/deleted/whatever.  Asking him questions about his political stance is related, debating the political stances isn't.  

Thread split, keep the political debate there if you want to do that. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55179.0

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 07:40:57 PM

Well here is the update;  http://ericolson2012.com/2011/12/149/

My announcement, just posted up on Facebook and Google +.  Website is pretty sparse still, but compared to my opponents I think I actually have more issue related information.  Sadly...  They have pictures, I'm working on that still..

Not much in the way of promotion yet.  Sometime between Xmas and New Years, there will be some media presence.  Though my primary goal at the moment is getting ballot access.  Things are falling together.   

Can you add some more details and any information on your donation page with the bitcoin button?  I'd like to link to it but there is no info on the page, really.  Maybe put in a few small words about bitcoin, what it is, and why you are accepting it.
ericools (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:08:54 AM

Good call, I added a short description and a link to weusecoins.com.  Content will be filling in gradually.  I should have the major points covered by the end of the year.  I plan to start promotion fist weekend of January or so.

ericools (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:42:53 AM

Well here is the update:

Campaign is starting to pick up.  Media attention, newspapers and radio.  Good feedback, volunteers, encouragement, all good.  No one so far has asked me about bitcoin being on my website, though it has still only been promoted on facebook and a brief mention on the radio.  Images are still being worked on for it... and I think most of my hits are on the facebook page.

If there ends up being any sizable donations though bitcoin or media interest in my use of it I will be sure to post here otherwise if you are interested in following it at all I suggest liking it on facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/olsonforcongress Google +https://plus.google.com/b/111351412319398310855/ and Twitter @EricOlson2012

Some early traffic stats just because:

Windows 49.3%
Linux 36.9%
Mac 11.3%
Unknown 2.3%

Opera 28.9%
Chrome 27.6%
Firefox 22.5%
Internet Explorer 11.1%
Safari 4.6%
Android 1.5%
Mozilla 1.4%
Unknown 1.3%
iPhone .6%

My use of Linux (and usually Opera) is in play here (I have accessed the page a lot).  It should not have been enough to account for putting Opera on top.  I can only imagine someone else who uses Opera really likes to view my page despite the fact that the colors don't load right with it.  It also claims they are all from Opera version 9.8, a version I have never used.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 06:53:19 AM

Thanks for the update and best of luck to you.

Nice to see that Bitcoin button on your site there!   Smiley

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
jlmanzanilla

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:22:43 AM

Good luck on your campaign!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: