Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:23:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271582 times)
MinerP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

I think this should be HiroCoin's official logo to remind the miners that got in at diff 100+ what the people that were able to insta-mine obscene amounts of Hiro for hours felt after dumping their Hiro at 4000 sat.

If you want to follow a coin with a community that is more concerened with 'gettin' it done' rather than silly logos, check out EMC2. No insta-mine, no Pump and Dump!
please submit it in the offical website lol you have my vote

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/HIRO

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

Thx 4 the link. Cryptoprices is one of my favorite chart sites I must admit.
niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

You can mine HiroCoin at www.CoinMine.pw - the best place to park your workers! Roll Eyes

• 40 coins to mine from one account!
  • Scrypt, Scrypt-N and X11 pools
  • Unique functions
  • Easy switch worker from web interface without reconnects and stales!
  • Almost 0% reject rate !
  • Switch and monitor workers with API !
  • Check balances and withdraw funds with API !
  • EU and USA stratum nodes !
  • Auto switch workers with personal Coin Sets and Coin's Difficulty range for every Worker
  • USD, LTC, BTC rates for all mined coins!
  • Profitability calculator for LTC, USD for all coins!
  • Really FAST and clean interface.
  • Self-written server software optimized for maximum performance!
  • Cool and impressive functions adds almost every day!

And off course standard:

• Dedicated Xeon Server
  • SSL support
  • SSD HDD RAID
  • Several 1Gbit Europe Uplinks
  • DDOS Protection
  • 99.9% Uptime since launch
  • IRC and E-mail support!
  • Stratum
  • VARDIFF
  • PPL(10MIN)S Payout
  • Manual payouts without minimum
  • Auto Payouts every 5 minutes

louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 03:55:49 AM

SuchPool's HiroCoin Pool!

http://Hiro.SuchPool.pw

Trusted amongst the community, we will offer you peace of mind mining. Our servers are well maintained and our team competent. Our rock solid infrastructure and good global networking will ensure a good connectivity to our services, even under attacks.

Here are some specs about our pools:

• 1% Pool Fee
  • PROP payout system
  • Multiple VARDiff Stratum Servers
  • 24/7 Monitoring on Stratum, MPOS, Central Wallet, Mysql and much more
  • DDoS Protected
  • Clustered System to better distribute the load
  • Brand new hardware, Built by us
  • Raided SSDs to ensure maximal database performance and reliability
  • Hosted in a state of the art Datacenter
  • Best bandwidth carriers, excellent connectivity and latency worldwide

Point your miners at: stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3339

[color=redPlease make sure you are using sgminer 4.1.0 and up with the darkcoin (x11) kernel in order to mine HiroCoin. You don't want to be submitting invalid shares![/color][/b]

Our team is knowlegeable and can help you start mining. Just ask us!

Come start mining now on http://Hiro.SuchPool.pw

To reach us:

URL: http://www.suchpool.pw
    Email: admin@suchpool.pw
    IRC: irc.freenode.net - #suchpool

Thank you for your interest in our pool, we hope to see you soon!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:30:42 AM

Petition to ban Scam_Exposer from Bitcointalk.  Vote yes.  It only takes a second.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567115.new#new
I'd vote twice if I could.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:20:31 AM

I like this the best from what I've seen. My .02 is the shaking hands forming the vertical line in the H is pretty cheesy.

Cool. +1
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:06:23 AM

Thanks for the comments! These might be better without the handshake, but I figure it adds to the trust/gateway symbolism. Open to criticism..

Actually the second one is my favorite so far. A bit simpler while still interesting and pleasing, visually.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 10:53:49 AM

Quote from: HiroS
unfair mining

Fair mining

Unfair mining --

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:27:47 PM

Thx 4 the link. Cryptoprices is one of my favorite chart sites I must admit.

Thanks! Smiley

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
MinerP

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:48:28 PM

whens the deadline for the logos dev?!?!?
Xenocyde

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

Hiro is also included in WhatMine's list among the top spots Smiley Although they need to change the HIC abreviation.

http://whatmine.com

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kocur

Activity: 140

We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:05:53 PM

Hiro is also included in WhatMine's list among the top spots Smiley Although they need to change the HIC abreviation.

http://whatmine.com
.) nice site

Community Coin: Fair & Free Distribution
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:06:17 PM

I think this should be HiroCoin's official logo to remind the miners that got in at diff 100+ what the people that were able to insta-mine obscene amounts of Hiro for hours felt after dumping their Hiro at 4000 sat.

If you want to follow a coin with a community that is more concerened with 'gettin' it done' rather than silly logos, check out EMC2. No insta-mine, no Pump and Dump!

sounds like somebody needs a hug.

LOL The HiroCoin miners at diff 100+ and the people that bought in at 2000 sat+ are the ones that need a lot more than a hug, they need to stop supporting obvious insta-mine scam coins like HIRO!
vcoinminer0938

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:12:15 PM

HiroCoin to the moooooon!!!!!!!!!!!   Kiss
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:26:42 PM

After this small pump I am sure that HIRO hodlers are complete idiots...
btcsnippers

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

starting to feel like one yes.

would be nice to get some positive sounds from the dev team.
mining has not been worth it for a long time , the price is totally in the shitter , Guy's anything ?

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 07:51:37 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 08:06:00 PM by Joerii

The deadline is on the 15th, a week after the contest started.
There's a guy waiting to create a really nice video for us too. He'll use the logo that wins.

The devs have released two major security updates the last few days, fixing both the KGW vulnerability and the Heartbleed attack vector.

If that's not dedication to this coin, and positive news, I don't know what is.

To the new posters in this thread who are worrying about the price of Hirocoin or that we're not "doing enough", I'm going to go ahead and repost my reply from april 6th, because it's still relevant and adresses the concerns that now others are expressing :

First of all thanks to all of you for taking the time to ask all these questions. I know you all have invested money and time in Hirocoin, as well as the cost of opportunity (  you've chosen to follow this coin instead of others ! ) and we really appreciate that. As well as your continued support. You're an awesome community.

I didn't answer all questions because I think my answers cover all of the important ones. Please ask again if you feel I missed something.

Ok, please be a bit more clear then. What are your two questions ?

Apologies, I tend to ramble on a bit...  Grin

1) Apart from a possible  security improvement you mentioned, what else are the team doing to improve the coin?
Eg. Why is it not on Cryptsy? I'm not seeing very much public activity at all. Someone actually posted "so is this coin dead?" today!

2) Why should we have faith that this recent downturn won't continue, like it has for 95% of all other altcoins? I'm aware of the strategy (to wait for ASICs to come) but... well I'm just not sure if that's a genuine plan. Any other coin could come along with X11 in the meantime, add something which differentiates it, add a good marketing strategy, and wham! No more Hiro.

In general I'm just saying that more needs to be done for me, personally, to keep believing in this coin. I'm sure its the same for many.

1 Our main objective right now is threefold.

• To spread the word that Hirocoin is the new home for GPU miners. Since all of you are probably sick of me saying that by now, I think marketing that has been pretty effective. Wink
  • To make Hirocoin the most secure coin possible. The recent addition of NGW is a prime example of this. NGW is cutting edge, it makes does a great job in lessening a major vulnerability in KGW. Nite's fix limits the most extreme changes in diffulty by a time warp attack possible. Here's how : What an attacker can do is generate a series of blocks with future time stamps with very little spacing between them. By doing so, the attacker can pump up difficulty by a massive ammount. This fix sets a minimum for the space between these spammed blocks of 1 second where in the past it could have been 0. Further measures are debated as we speak
  • To build a solid foundation to grow from. We have hired an external coder to develop an Android wallet, and both Hiro and N00bnoxious are working on strengthening Hirocoin infrastructure. We have a policy of not revealing what we are working on until it's clear that it will be of high quality and comforms to our standards of safety. We have an outstanding bounty for an Nvidia miner as well, and will start other projects soon after these are completed.

When we are ready we're going to launch a serious campaign to go for merchant adoption and encourage useage for the general public.

1.1 We're fine with the exchanges we have now. Our top two exchanges, Poloniex and Mintpal, are wel run and have good volume. Since I don't want to say anything bad about Cryptsy, I'll leave it at that.

1.2 Your not seeing much activity, but it sure is active in the team. We were working on doing a lot of testing on NGW, and I'm recruiting new team members, talking to coders, etc. Like I said, we don't believe in making big promises or pumping. This coin will gain popularity because of it's own merits, not empty promises. We'll post news when we have it Wink No websites with timers on the front page or, god forbid, price forecasts.

1.3 Someone posted "Is this coin dead" ! Maybe you should take a quick look in the speculation forum in the main bitcoin board. People panic. Most of us are addicted to incredible % gains on a daily basis, but this is simply not sustainable in a downtrending market.

2 "Why should we have faith that this recent downturn won't continue, like it has for 95% of all other altcoins?" I'm not telling you you should have faith. We can not and will not make predictions like this. All we can do without lying to you is promise to work on our objectives every spare moment of free time we have. And I promise you this. Ask my wife. PM me for her email adres Wink

2.1 Yes, other X11 coins will come. No offence to any X11 devs who read this, but I expect the majority of them to be rubbish. Why ? Well, just look at 90% of Scrypt coins being launched. They are either amateur copy/paste coins with a meme or gimmick slapped on, or they are blatant scams that burn brightly and fade away in a matter of days. We are part of a select group of dev teams in the altcoin scene that really want to build something awesome, something lasting. The community at large will see we are serious when we keep working our buts of even in times where our coin loses market cap. We're not going to disappear and launch a new coin.
These objectives have to be completed when all Scrypt GPU miners are banished and come looking for a new home.

2.2 Something more needs to be done for you to keep believing in this coin ? Then I have to ask you, what is this belief based on ? The wishful thinking that your investment would multiply 100x overnight ? Or is it something more realistic, like slow but steady growth, possibly to become one of the top coins ? Tell me what this something is, that you need. Better yet, come to our forum at Hirocoin.org and brainstorm about it. We'd love to have you there.

ibfragalot, my man, I hope I answered all your questions there. I'm not being super formal here, I hope you don't mind the tone. I think being respectful often means : not talking down to someone and being direct !

Ok. Next up :

Equalizer. No matter what your intention, you raise points that other may only be thinking and not saying out loud, so I want to sincerely thank you.
I'll quote the questions and remarks I believe I didn't answer to yet in my reply to ibfragalot.

In another thread, I got a response from a Hiro Team Member that I was being too dramatic. Hirocoin needs some drama now.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume you mean pumping this coin. What kind of drama would you like to see ? What kind of awesome promotion do you have in mind ? Give me a nice proposal and if I like it I'd love to help you organize it.

....<snip> not enough activity and fight from the Hiro Team as prices plummet and doubters' voices get louder (surprisingly disappointing after such a strong start).

I think you are a bit confused about cause and effect in this case, with all due respect. Price is going down. True. Please take a look at the average first few weeks of 99% of altcoins, especially ones that have been launched in the last 4-5 weeks. Do you notice a similarity ? With very few notable examples, this is a what always happens there's an initial price spike because a coin is new and exciting. When the ADHD attention span of the herd of miners and investors kick in, they hungrily look for the next coin, and stop mining and sell of the "old" one. And that short cycle repeats.

This dumping is almost impossible avoid. It can be done reversed in two ways :

• A massive pump engineered by bagholders
  • Showing that the coin has actual value in some way

We are working very hard to accomplish the latter.

Hiro came out strong with X11, but after the first big boost from premiering on Mintpal, it quietly folded up like a sad soufflé in a cupboard.

Hahaha, nice metaphore  Grin

The thing is, there's only so much we can do. The community has to pick this up. Guess what, dear Equalizer, that means YOU. The fact all of you are in this thread probably means that you wish us the best and want to see Hirocoin succeed.

If this applies to you, please use your talent with words in a positive way ; write FOR Hirocoin, instead of letting Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt rule you.

If that is far from the truth, the Hiro Team needs to do a better job at proving the doubters wrong.

It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do.

If Hiro is truly about being transparent to its community, I'd like to see a clear response to the accusation that a small group of miners/developers may have their hands on some optimized code for mining Hiro/x11 coins faster/easier than the rest of us (and a future patch to be handed out to the community once this accusation proves too difficult to slip under the rug). While this may sound like a goofy conspiracy theory, these cheap dumps are forcing us to take pause and ask - could this be true?  

I believe this is a textbook example of FUD, spread by people who have considerable investment in coins that are threatened by X11. I have not seen ANY proof of this. Also, I've heard from highly skilled coders that optimizing the X11 miner would take weeks of work and you'd need to pay huge ammounts of BTC to the few coders who could actually pull this off. Until we see proof, it's pure speculation. Impossible to disprove, and unfair to the Hirocoin team responsible for.

The price today is the result of the marketing inactivity and lack of engagement.
Inactivity ? Lack of engagement ? Hirocoin has been launched for a little over two weeks, has a twitter account with 800 followers and an avarage of more than 4 tweets a day. We have a forum, a newsletter, a reddit and facebook page, and we've been active in this thread almost every day. I'm available by PM and Skype to whoever wants to talk to me.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
TenaciousC

Activity: 608

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:13:17 PM

mining has not been worth it for a long time , the price is totally in the shitter , Guy's anything ?

Seeing how few BTC is needed to push the HIRO price up again, i believe or the dev should buy back some serious amounts of Hiro to get the price going or we should all tip-in and start pushing the price up again
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:16:22 PM

Seeing how few BTC is needed to push the HIRO price up again, i believe or the dev should buy back some serious amounts of Hiro to get the price going or we should all tip-in and start pushing the price up again

+1. Hiro was highdiff, so not so much coins mined, all idiots already dumped.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: