Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Facebook Just Gave-Up On Libra Project?  (Read 688 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 06:38:27 PM

Coin Facebook has very tricky developers.  I believe that they can do a lot of secrets from a simple user.  I would not trust them.  The US government also suspects something.
Facebook started on a wrong foot about their crypto and I use to respect Facebook until I lost respect for them after they came up with their own Libra coin because I realized that Mark lack integrity. I could still remember the fight they gave to ICO campaigns then, the hatred was so much for cryptocurrency that any project that would have been successful them would just cancel the social media campaign for Facebook because they kept blocking them.

only twitter has been very supportive of cryptocurrency and they are the ones that really deserve to come up with a cryptocurrency plan, not Facebook. As if that was not even enough for them, their selfishness as usual also wants to dominate the cryptocurrency market just like they have done to other social media platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 08:59:36 PM

Even though from the project is allowed to thrive, I do not think it would have garnered the huge marketcap expected of it going by the hype, it is a good thing the project idea never materializes, the crypto space is already saturated

Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 11:27:26 PM

There are lots of factors working against the lunch of Libra coin. Likewise, those who see it as a potential competitor to their own project or coin might also not want it to lunch.
We also never can tell now, if Facebook has given. I think with time, everything will be unveiled.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:38:17 AM

This news is getting me thinking if facebook will really survive the regulatory heat.

Now officially saying it may not launch.

https://www.cryptoinformers.info/news/226-libra-stablecoin-may-not-launch-facebook-warns-investors

Just wondering, Did Facebook Just Gave-Up On Libra Project?

Facebook has a very good legal team and will definitely look for legal loopholes so that Libra Coin can slide. A large company certainly will not give up on regulations because they certainly have plans for Libra Coin and everything will be done for the good of the company
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 01:08:49 AM

Coin Facebook has very tricky developers.  I believe that they can do a lot of secrets from a simple user.  I would not trust them.  The US government also suspects something.
Facebook started on a wrong foot about their crypto and I use to respect Facebook until I lost respect for them after they came up with their own Libra coin because I realized that Mark lack integrity. I could still remember the fight they gave to ICO campaigns then, the hatred was so much for cryptocurrency that any project that would have been successful them would just cancel the social media campaign for Facebook because they kept blocking them.

only twitter has been very supportive of cryptocurrency and they are the ones that really deserve to come up with a cryptocurrency plan, not Facebook. As if that was not even enough for them, their selfishness as usual also wants to dominate the cryptocurrency market just like they have done to other social media platform.

Maybe Twitter is one of the social media platforms that supports cryptocurrency but Facebook has more advantages than Twitter. There was indeed a mistake made by Facebook when it banned ICO ads some time ago but maybe it was due to government regulations after many ICO scams

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 05:57:28 AM

I am sure that Facebook will not issue coins for the next 3 years. So far, the market has enough existing coins without the participation of global corporations.
ETA about when the facebook coin will be launched will depend on the decision that will be made by US lawmakers about the negotiation between the regulators and facebook. It may be launched or it will never be launched.
There was no official announcement if facebook will launch its crypto in 3 years later.
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 06:28:32 AM

Just wondering, Did Facebook Just Gave-Up On Libra Project?

If you have followed Mark back in the day before the establishment of Facebook you will know he does not give up in things easily. He did not set Facebook on a platter of gold. There was a lot of challenges but he overcame all. He is also going to overcome the challenges of launching Libra too.
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:34:29 AM

I doubt if giving up can possibly be an option for the Facebook team. They have gone a long way than to turn back at this juncture. I am sure they are already restrategizing to ensure they push the project to a success.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: