Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the future anyone wants?  (Read 1330 times)
[btc]YSG

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:40:31 PM

Libra coin is just a blockchain based version of fiat. No true advocates of decentralized cryptocurrency would ever want that. But we also have to admit that there are millions of facebook users that are not into crypto, so those will be their target customers. The bad rep will be, those customers will consider it as true crypto since they are not well aware of bitcoin and true characteristics of a decentralized cryptocurrency.

There is no way to tell that Libra coin is a blockchain based project, Blockchain is concept based on transparency, and Libra will never  offer transparency, It's more like an offbook currency.

◀ ▲ ▶  WE are GAMERS and we know what Gamers WANT  ◀ ▲ ▶
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰    ❘ ❙ ❚   eSports.com   ❚ ❙ ❘    ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ (http://esports.com/)
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:42:23 PM

Security and privacy will definitely be two faults for Libra but I honestly don't know how regulators will allow them to prosper and compete with other currencies around the world. Either the US needs to take advantage of this opportunity to own the crypto space or other countries will
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:00:50 PM

Libra is not going to substitute the main altcoins and there will be a satisfying space for each coin. The governments will not be able to track the payments on the Facebook platform and the reasons will vary for finding the excuse in order to ban the Libra coin. Same events happened around all coins that intended to be a global gate for the worldwide payments.
Bitality

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:20:56 PM

I think Libra is going to cause other similar fortune 500 companies to spin up similar competing cryptocurrencies. I do want to know how this will affect the entire ecosystem especially smaller projects

You might be right! That'll be the consequence, it's a matter of time.
sheenaedago

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:34:35 PM

For now it's not, we must wait for further updates. Giving wonderful comments can be intriguing to somebody, somehow creates convincing ideas which isn't right, because libra for this moment was still on development and not yet really having definite transaparency.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM

There is no way to tell that Libra coin is a blockchain based project, Blockchain is concept based on transparency, and Libra will never  offer transparency, It's more like an offbook currency.
Libra will be used blockchai but it's centralized and i'd like to call that as a centralized blockchain or side chain project. Libra will actually never offer transparency even privacy. what they will be offering for us is just about the usage of the token and no more.
Anything that controlled by a single entity can't be called as a decentralized. libra will act as a stable coin like tether and transparency is not an important thing as long as the company can do everything with its stable coin called libra.  Cheesy
flemmings02

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:38:19 AM

Libra is no proposing any better future and it's not rocket science to understand this, Libra is going against all ethical policies about privacy, blockchain and even monetary policies. Libra coin is just a combination several wrongs which can never make a right.
CurrentEventsu

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 02:19:16 AM

The only ones who wants libra are the elites so they can control the people.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 02:32:37 AM

No, libra is not the real future but Bitcoin is always be the real future in the world.
Libra is too young and many people hate it to be the first choose in cryptocurrency.
I will take a safe play and still look what will happen next in Libra.

Most people got hyped with Libra because of Facebook popularity and due to its partnership in the entire world.
But it doesn't mean it will become the future currency as others thinking about it.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:29:45 AM

The only ones who wants libra are the elites so they can control the people.
That for the investor's side but for the users side, Libra would really help especially those people who have not yet experience banking.

With Libra, you can use your facebook account to transact money to another user, things that are suppose to be hard is made easy by Libra as things are done online and you just need an internet connection to do that. They are helping in bridging from one country to another for a faster and cheaper transaction of transferring money, I think they would give great benefit to the users of this stable coin.

Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 08:35:26 AM

Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

If I'm not mistaken, Libra is the name of the blockchain, and Calibra is the name of the company. I see the Facebook team wants to build a Blockchain and coins that have coin capacity levels into global currencies. I think this is not much different from the blockchain that we are currently using. Maybe the Libra name is popular more quickly because it has a Facebook team. For the truth of this we have not found. Perhaps the strength of Libra is that it is easier to recruit investors compared to Bitcoin in the past. Bitcoin is formed from the ground up, whereas Libra has already been there Facebook as a strong foundation.

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 06:34:39 AM

The creation of the Libra coin on Facebook met with great resistance from the governments of the United States and other G-7 countries. At the recent G-7 summit, it was decided to take any measures, up to a ban on the circulation of this coin in the territory of its states. These states fear, first of all, the great influence of Libra on the global financial system, as well as the concentration in private hands of confidential information about a significant part of the world's population. Given this, Libra is unlikely to ever appear, and even Facebook has already expressed doubt about this.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 07:52:43 AM

if the community is sure to have an element to be sure of the way to be able to get about digital payments until advertising occurs the problem comes to its essence to consumers whose income is closed ..
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 03:06:27 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Libra is the name of the blockchain, and Calibra is the name of the company. I see the Facebook team wants to build a Blockchain and coins that have coin capacity levels into global currencies. I think this is not much different from the blockchain that we are currently using. Maybe the Libra name is popular more quickly because it has a Facebook team. For the truth of this we have not found. Perhaps the strength of Libra is that it is easier to recruit investors compared to Bitcoin in the past. Bitcoin is formed from the ground up, whereas Libra has already been there Facebook as a strong foundation.
If Facebook is really building a blockchain, then I think that they are already digging their grave already, except maybe they will regulate the blockchain and any project that will want to come through their chain, because we can see what is happening to Ethereum right now.

Whatever blockchain that Facebook is building will be very similar to the services of Ethereum also and if that is the case, they will surely affect the existence of Ethereum because many people will migrate to their blockchain being that they are very popular already and people will get to know about projects through them than any other blockchain services company but we will still end up having shit projects more through them through the billions of users that they have except maybe they will regulate theirs.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 04:04:54 PM

Treating crypto just like another good investing instrument - nothing more. So, in this case Libra is good for me, as it helps more people to find out what the cryptocurrency is and create more hype around this market.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 04:59:27 PM

Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

No,  everyone wants it become real cause they can buy and sell it to make profit for a short time,
But governments and other big organizations never want facebook's coin to be real. There are too much side effect for such a big company as facebook. One of the biggest was washing money.
aauchit

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 06:07:12 PM

excellent  point that Elixxir brings up about Libra forming a closed-loop revenue model. Does anyone else feel this way or expand how this could happen or not
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 10:12:50 PM

I definitely oppose Libra (or any similar projects). Their idea in generally perverts the blockchain. In fact, it will be used exclusively for making money on other people. Using a big name  "FB"  Libra will gain the trust of millions of people.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 04:08:02 PM

The creation of the Libra coin on Facebook met with great resistance from the governments of the United States and other G-7 countries. At the recent G-7 summit, it was decided to take any measures, up to a ban on the circulation of this coin in the territory of its states. These states fear, first of all, the great influence of Libra on the global financial system, as well as the concentration in private hands of confidential information about a significant part of the world's population. Given this, Libra is unlikely to ever appear, and even Facebook has already expressed doubt about this.
What is Facebook expressing fear for when it was all their fault for releasing such project at this time, if they had even limited the coin to just a utility tool that will be used within their system and paired with bitcoin which i initially believed that was going to be what the crypto is all about, but till I started hearing off them proposing to release a global currency and they think that the world would just accept them like that juts because they are Facebook.

The idea that Facebook can control everything is what is going to eventually kill Facebook and I think that mark Zuckerberg is too rich that what he is looking for is power, and now you are seeking power that will make the economy of the world to be under his system, he is already a failure as regards this Libra.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 05:11:18 PM

It's certainly not the future I want. Facebook makes it's money from user data - our data. It models our behaviour and sells it on for profit. Libra is I believe primarily another data source, so they can track our purchases and feed this into their models, and make more money from us. It's getting quite advanced now with AI and machine learning not only able to predict our future behaviour quite well, but also - and more scarily - being able to manipulate our behaviour towards desired outcomes.

FB can F-off.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: