Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:01:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't fall for this Trump's statement about Bitcoin. This is bullish!  (Read 828 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:03:22 PM

I don't share this feeling that POTUS criticizing Bitcoin is a good thing, seems like quite a stretch to me, no wonder people are making fun of Bitcoiners sometimes with "this is good for Bitcoin" meme.

And I would even go as far as to say that it's a negative thing, because a ban on cryptocurrency by the US would be a horrible thing - other countries would follow suit, exchanges will close, the market will lose liquidity which is already low, the price will plummet, mining and hashpower will suffer, adoption will be halted. Just because Bitcoin can't be stopped, doesn't mean it can't be harmed.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:11:28 PM

No matter if it is a research or not, the important thing is bitcoin is getting another hype everyone should buy all the coins they can as it is going to go crazy soon. Trump is not just another critic on the community he is a man with political powers so it's clear that he wants returns from all those lines. we have to just think what he is planning to do next, do you guys think Trump is actually going to try and buy some coins. and will he change his mind once he tried btc?
SuperTA (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:23:51 PM

And I would even go as far as to say that it's a negative thing, because a ban on cryptocurrency by the US would be a horrible thing - other countries would follow suit, exchanges will close, the market will lose liquidity which is already low, the price will plummet, mining and hashpower will suffer, adoption will be halted. Just because Bitcoin can't be stopped, doesn't mean it can't be harmed.

I think you shouldn't worry about that. If they wanted to ban crypto, they would ban it a long time ago. As a matter of fact, they are legitimising it, every year more and more. This crypto mentioning is one of the first steps to inform the mass public about crypto. I think they have the plan to adopt it, slowly, and bring cashless society to our new world. They cannot do it in 1 day. It would be to drastical change and shocking, hard to adapt. They need to bring it slowly, first mentioning, even if it's a negative statement, like Trump's twitter. If they didn't want to advertise bitcoin to 60 million followers and to the media, they would act behind the scenes so noone would notice. There is no such thing as bad advertising.

minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:41:07 PM
Merited by RodeoX (1)

Oh, how I laughed when I saw trump's statement about cryptocurrencies. This man has not enjoyed authority for a long time. I remember he once wrote in his Twitter about Siacoin. After this message, nothing has changed, the cryptocurrency only continued to fall...

Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:43:32 PM

Don't fall for this Trump's statement about Bitcoin. This is actually bullish! “Giving attention” to crypto period, tells me it’s game on. Never trade cryptocurrency based on the news and statements like that. Do you remember the statements from the JP Morgan? If you learned something from that, you should seek for every opportunity and buy any dip that comes (if it comes). That's how the big players do their thing. You want to buy cheap coins? Make a negative statement about it and buy cheaper. If you panic sell, they will get your bitcoins before it goes further to the upside. You will be shaked out and kicked out of this train. Don't fall for it. This is bullish in my opinion. Bitcoin clearly got some attention from mr. Trump (or his team) clearly, it's so important that he tweets about it. If it wasn't important he wouldn't bother to write anything about bitcoin. He also didn't say that he is against bitcoin. He just said he is not a fan of btc. A big difference. He likes to change his mind very often on his twitter! Trump has many followers and he mentioned bitcoin to them. Any advertising is a good advertising! So again, don't fall for it. I think you should do the opposite of what the small traders would do in this case. Buy the dip!

whether they support crypto or not, whether they fight it or not its dosent matter  Cool

whats matter its the technology and peer to peer whatever its LIKE PACMAN which mean relative to all tech that was,  a lot of them died and replaced by new and so on ,

yet

peer to peer file sharing which is the oldest tech in the space of technology still here and still growing like monster.

peer to peer money like peer to peer file sharing is put out of the chain the government which behind usd, euro, shekel,rubel russia, and other shit out there.

its also put out the banks and paypal services out of the chain which is industry more then 23 trillion dollars.

after all this in other words facebook startup is shit compare to this kind of technology and he only will be dream to be part of this kind of startups which disrupt industry of more then 23 trillion dollars

HARD CORE reality facts...

peer to peer **
hatshepsut93
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:49:28 PM

I think you shouldn't worry about that. If they wanted to ban crypto, they would ban it a long time ago. As a matter of fact, they are legitimising it, every year more and more. This crypto mentioning is one of the first steps to inform the mass public about crypto. I think they have the plan to adopt it, slowly, and bring cashless society to our new world. They cannot do it in 1 day. It would be to drastical change and shocking, hard to adapt. They need to bring it slowly, first mentioning, even if it's a negative statement, like Trump's twitter. If they didn't want to advertise bitcoin to 60 million followers and to the media, they would act behind the scenes so noone would notice. There is no such thing as bad advertising.

Did you read the tweets? He was quite harshly criticizing it, and it's again an incredible stretch to say that it's somehow a first step towards official adoption. If they really wanted to adopt it, they'd praise it instead. It's ridiculous to look for hidden meanings, come up with overly complex explanations when reality is plain and simple - Trump or people from his surroundings don't like Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SuperTA (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:54:52 PM

Did you read the tweets? He was quite harshly criticizing it, and it's again an incredible stretch to say that it's somehow a first step towards official adoption. If they really wanted to adopt it, they'd praise it instead. It's ridiculous to look for hidden meanings, come up with overly complex explanations when reality is plain and simple - Trump or people from his surroundings don't like Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

My logic is if they wanted to ban it they would do so 5 years ago. Remember JP Morgan criticizing Bitcoin? What was that all about? Now, we all know it was a false flag. Media often acts the opposite. When they want to buy cheaper, they fud. When they want to cash out a huge amount, they publish a good news so the small investors buy their dumping. Trump didn't say anything about ban. He didn't say he is against bitcoin. He only said that he is not a fan of bitcoin. But he often changes his mind on his tweets.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:59:27 PM

I bet Donald Trump would change his mind about crypto if he knew that he could stop the Russians meddling in the upcoming 2020 election process by using an un-hackable ballot box provided by HST decision token.  Its voting on the blockchain with voting results that are instant and cannot be hacked or rigged.

And loose the election?
Cheating is the GOP's primary strategy for winning. It's not like they could win a fair fight.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:16:11 PM

My logic is if they wanted to ban it they would do so 5 years ago. Remember JP Morgan criticizing Bitcoin? What was that all about? Now, we all know it was a false flag. Media often acts the opposite. When they want to buy cheaper, they fud. When they want to cash out a huge amount, they publish a good news so the small investors buy their dumping. Trump didn't say anything about ban. He didn't say he is against bitcoin. He only said that he is not a fan of bitcoin. But he often changes his mind on his tweets.
It just a level of caution and control, he didnt mean anything too serious. We have always wanted to get a notice from the president itself that he recognizes crypto. I dont think this could pull the rooted space out.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:00:20 PM

I too think that the probability of ban is low, because they could have done it long ago, but it's still not a good thing that Trump criticize Bitcoin. It was different with JPM - Jamie Dimon was stating his personal opinion, which he still didn't change much - they like blockchain but not Bitcoin, they wanted to make their own stablecoin to compete with Bitcoin, and this is something government are also talking about.

And don't forget that we have examples of countries speaking out against Bitcoin first, then taking actions against it, like China and Iran.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:31:43 PM

The real issue here is Donal trump doesn't no much and he is irrationally ignorant about bitcoin and this is just meant to stop people from investing in it. One seeing the twit I knew it would course a stir going by the position of the president office he occupies but it still a crap
SuperTA (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:58:49 PM

The real issue here is Donal trump doesn't no much and he is irrationally ignorant about bitcoin and this is just meant to stop people from investing in it. One seeing the twit I knew it would course a stir going by the position of the president office he occupies but it still a crap

Maybe, but i still think his bitcoin tweet (advertising) will do more good for the longterm. 
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:39:24 PM

news always affects the mentality and decisions of crypto users.  and that will create FOMO.  but for me it doesn't matter.  Bitcoin has high popularity and still has many whales.  so.  every bad statement will only affect beginners.  elite holders will be consistent with BTC assets.  I will buy BTC and ETH every time when I have capital.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:27:28 PM

I can't imagine with what your thought so far, I'm just believing that Trump is not like bitcoin and he will try tro destroy bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as a whole. Because I only look at the libra coin who will be use in 2020, the using of libra it is same when we use of dollar. The price of libra will be same as dollar movement price, so as I'm just thinking libra coin will overtake the using of dollar even dollar will not be use by most people anymore. So as he will try to fight against cryptocurrencies and he knows that bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrencies so he said negatively about bitcoin and made the price down.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 02:43:03 AM

It's also surprising that it didn't dump hard despite of Trump's tweet about bitcoin. This means that many people already knows the real potential of bitcoin. Government sees it as a threat now so Trump made his move to attempt a massive crash but it didn't happen.
antisocial77

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 05:39:19 AM

im trying to undertsand reactions after trump's tweet, people get attention and their opinion is positive about crypto.thank you trump, if you say something bad about anything, its probably good for humanity.everybody know that.

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 06:31:29 AM

Trump's words changed nothing. Yes, the price has fallen, but it is not a significant drop. Too many people believe in bitcoin. Soon the price will return to the previous level. I think now is a good time to buy bitcoin.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 06:39:58 PM

I think third world countries have more intelligent presidents running them. He sounds very uneducated. This is an adult person that talks like that? lol, America is such a joke.

SuperTA (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:06:19 PM

The Best Twitter Responses To Donald Trump’s Bitcoin Tweets

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5164811.0
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:48:22 PM

I'm not falling for this because these are only tweets. They don't mean anything.

Not long ago politicians weren't using social media at all and these days they are trolling all day long attacking each other and producing statements they later back out of.
He's not gonna act on it. It's just his personal opinion or rather an opinion of one of his advisors. I doubt he has time to research cryptocurrencies in deep.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: