Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DO YOU THINK THE PRICE OF ALTCOIN DROPS WHEN LISTED IN AN EXCHANGE?  (Read 544 times)
Adelek15 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:06:08 AM
Merited by adekogbe (1)

HELLO GUYS

First i will like to know the input of others because this could be the first step we take to solve the problems affecting the price of coins, for bounty hunters.
Personally it has affected me when budgeting because participating in a bounty i first worry about getting paid for my work, then i worry about the project being a success, then i also have to worry about the price of the coin rising or falling then i worry about the percentage rise or fall. But basically both parties are to be blamed; most bounty hunter think about making profit before the success of the project itself so bounty hunters sell their coin at any price available which is the major cause of dumping. further more project are sometimes listed in corrupt exchange which simulate the price of coin to favor them and maximize their profit.
what do you think? and how can we fix this problems ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:10:19 AM

This is a major issue and i think it all goes down to the project itself being below average in terms of the solution it proposes or the problems it hopes to solve.
Good projects have all the right elements, from good platform, to a great team and also a very good marketing strategy.
If a project has all these, they dont have to worry about the tokens dumping when listed on s cryptocurrency exchange

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:12:00 AM

Friend ,before you start saying that both parties are to be blame please I want you to think very well, tokens or coins we get from bounty projects are just 4 to 5 percent of the max supply of the project now tell me how can selling or dumping 50million tokens from a max supply of 1billion tokens devalued the token? Its because the project is not good enough ,the teams are not professionals they claimed to be

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 10:14:52 AM

i think that work of cryptocurrency has changed a lot from January 2018 when the price goes to another level and people are not interested in ico anymore and lot of ico are lying about how much they collect example ironx,brain space  so all ico now are not hitting x2 or x10 when they get in trade idk about ieo

Free palestine
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:19:50 AM

to fix it with old way it can still be used, which is locking in rewards from bounty participants in a matter of months (3-6) but of course there will be protests from the bounty and also if this applies the project must focus on developing the project (listings on good exchange, give update to their project progress, and do a promotion) maybe it will raise the price of tokens / coins from projects that have bounties.
Adelek15 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:38:43 AM

to fix it with old way it can still be used, which is locking in rewards from bounty participants in a matter of months (3-6) but of course there will be protests from the bounty and also if this applies the project must focus on developing the project (listings on good exchange, give update to their project progress, and do a promotion) maybe it will raise the price of tokens / coins from projects that have bounties.
locking bounty reward is quite a brilliant idea, giving investors time to make gain and in doing so helping the project, no one will want to sell below ICO price
Adelek15 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:42:40 AM

i think that work of cryptocurrency has changed a lot from January 2018 when the price goes to another level and people are not interested in ico anymore and lot of ico are lying about how much they collect example ironx,brain space  so all ico now are not hitting x2 or x10 when they get in trade idk about ieo
but i think the question of how much is raised is public information
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:50:51 AM

If the market is not in good condition many of tokens or altcoins get dump after listed it on exchanges because it depends what market you will list or bitcoins price is not in good condition also.

Peanyut991

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:22:56 AM

That is already common in arbitrary ICO projects, they make ICO projects to benefit from investors, this is what makes investors no longer trust ICO projects and prefer the IEO.

JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:28:43 AM

The main reason for the dump is very large discounts on the first stages of sales of coins. Projects offer a 90% bonus for first buyers. in such a market, even 50 percent of the profits is enough for people and they sell their coins right after listing

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
ridhobagus2308

Activity: 358

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:45:12 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2019, 03:52:59 PM by ridhobagus2308

I think most of the altcoin dump when listed in exchange is because they are not worth enough to buy. and because of that there is not enough buyer in the market. and sure bounty only take 2%-5% from total allocation but when the market doesn't have enough buyer then what do you expect? you right most of bounty hunter can sell the coin for cheaper price as long as it valuable for them. but if the project itself have the quality to be on the crypto market investor shouldn't be worry at all about bounty.
DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 12:18:45 PM

I think that we will not be able to solve the problem of the fall in the price of a coin, because this should be done by the team at the project development stage. They must calculate all possible risks associated with the dump prices of their coins, develop a strategy to support their coins after listing on the exchange, allocate a certain budget for buying coins on the exchange in case of a strong dump. If they do not do this, then it makes no sense for the project to expect growth and development. I know several projects that supported the price of the coin and did not allow it to fall sharply while the project was developing and when they launched the finished product, the price of coins began to grow due to the growing interest in the project.

BTC $1 mln
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 12:22:54 PM

what do you think? and how can we fix this problems ?
I am afraid we cannot fix this problem as we know that when the tokens already distribute to the bounty hunters, they will sell it right away as soon as the token get list in the exchanges.
They don't think to hold it for more because they need the money and they want it from selling the token.
And if the price of the token is down, some of them will buy the token at the low price and sometimes the price is low than the ico price so that will their benefits to get a very low price.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 12:27:37 PM

only stupid bounty hunters sell their coins immediately after listing on the exchange. I only participate in those projects that I consider promising and I am building a portfolio for the long term
Adelek15 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:58:48 PM

only stupid bounty hunters sell their coins immediately after listing on the exchange. I only participate in those projects that I consider promising and I am building a portfolio for the long term
we learn everyday, can you enlighten me on how you access a bounty, because I sometimes access a bounty get involved and it turns out to a pure waste of my time. Tell me the things we to really consider apart from the obvious things ?
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 02:20:11 PM

The main reason to this is that the market is in a brink condition and many of altcoins are affected to this and so the dumping status can be seen after listed it on exchanges. Because depends on the exchange rate partner when they are not in good condition and so the coins will be affected too.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:22:00 PM

When a coin is listed on an exchange is the first opportunity for holders to sell. And a lot of holders bought with the intention to realize profits.
Obviously, not every investor buys at the same price. We have different rounds, pre-sales, private sale, secret sale, undisclosed sales, etc.
Someone will always have an upper leg on the exchange.
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:39:17 PM

There are several reasons for that and the most common are bounty participants, because they know that within the first half a year price will likely go down, so they are dumping at the beginning to earn at least something.
Flezy

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:23:45 PM

Bounty allocation is so little isn't it? Then how can that affect or bring down the price of coin? A good project doesn't bother about bounty hunters, they bother about what to do it make their platform valuable. Okay, nowadays they lock up the reward of hunters but once listed on exchanges the price dumps, who caused it?
The issue is, having the right team with right strategy that even after getting listed and the price drops, within a little time it will pick up again.
Adelek15 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:45:13 PM

Bounty allocation is so little isn't it? Then how can that affect or bring down the price of coin? A good project doesn't bother about bounty hunters, they bother about what to do it make their platform valuable. Okay, nowadays they lock up the reward of hunters but once listed on exchanges the price dumps, who caused it?
The issue is, having the right team with right strategy that even after getting listed and the price drops, within a little time it will pick up again.

the fact is until the market gets better the price of coin will still dump
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: